getting gigabyte ep-45-ds4p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting gigabyte ep-45-ds4p

hello all.my first post here.actually i came to know that this is one of gigabyte's biggest supporting forums.

i would like some help.ill be getting the gigabyte ep-45-ds4p in two-three days time.i have also ordered the cooler master hyper N520 cooler.my question is whether the cooler will fit on the mobo??since the mobo has the heatsinks for the bridges.so will the northbridge heatsink be an obstacle for the cooler??

also any tips and suggestions that i should remember when i get my board?

ill be having the corsair value ram.cant afford the dominator series.

also will be having a 4850 to power up the games.

i have already bookmarked the bios flash page.my processor is an old E6300.any advantages or disadvantages of this??

some help will be highly beneficial.

thanks for the support.

anvancy.

Re: getting gigabyte ep-45-ds4p

I am not sure if that will fit? You should have measured before you ordered really

I looked around and cannot see many users using it for P45, plenty using it for X58 boards though and the heatsink designs are about the same so it think you may be ok. I do see it as available options for a custom build here so I think it is ok
    AVADirect builds custom PCs, gaming computers, notebooks, workstations and more with high quality craftsmanship and great customer service.

I can help you get going if you need it once you get built, that CPU will be fine. Just be sure to load optimized defaults and save/apply/reboot after you flash or when you first start setting things up and you will be good to go. Of course set your ram voltage as well.

Let us know once you get setup and we can help you with settings if you need help.
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 05-20-2009, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
      I am not sure if that will fit? You should have measured before you ordered really

I looked around and cannot see many users using it for P45, plenty using it for X58 boards though and the heatsink designs are about the same so it think you may be ok

I can help you get going if you need it once you get built, that CPU will be fine. Just be sure to load optimized defaults and save/apply/reboot after you flash or when you first start setting things up and you will be good to go. Of course set your ram voltage as well.

Let us know once you get setup and we can help you with settings if you need help.

thanks for the reply.

unfortunately here in INDIA they dont keep this "high graded" stuff mostly in shops.its all by order.if you want they bring from their main storehouse.so couldnt measure the cooler at time of ordering.

so that left me little chance of measuring the cooler.but even i have seen many using it on the boards.reviews didnt mention that heatsinks came in between since many use the X58 of either asus or gigabyte.both having bigger heatsinks.

actually the cooler is right now with my computer dealer.the dimensions are 122.35 x 102.5 x 141mm.the reviews that i checked said that its a compact cooler and is not coming in between the mobo components.

i thought some would be using this combination.anyways when i get both the components ill sure post here.

thanks for the support.

anvancy

Comment

Ahh well ya that is all I meant, check the specs of the cooler. I just looked at it up close and I think you will be fine for sure as I have that board myself and have used several larger coolers on it without issues

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
          Ahh well ya that is all I meant, check the specs of the cooler. I just looked at it up close and I think you will be fine for sure as I have that board myself and have used several larger coolers on it without issues
          ill keep my fingers crossed then

i am not looking for extreme overclocking situations thus chose this budget friendly cooler.i also read during search on google that you had this same board.

are there any probs with this particular board?any specific issues that i may keep in mind while starting my PC and initially building it??

thanks for the kind support.

anvancy.

Comment

Na, there is no real issues that I'm aware of. If you have built a system before you should have no issues

Comment

i finally got my new comp yesterday.(23rd may).

feeling happy.

the cpu cooler sat easily and didnt disturbed the heatsinks of the bridges.
              the 4850 is also just too good

now heres my question.
              i have the E6300.my current bios is F2.on gigabyte site they say the CPU is supported from F3.so should i update to F8 or let it stay??

will upgrading my bios method harm my new computer?are there any issues regarding bios F8?ill not update unless i get confirmation

anvancy.

Comment

two weeks and my pc is running fine.

today i oced my E6300 to 2.5GHZ. 358FSB*7 at 1.4v.

ran 3dmark with 5 repeats.didnt hang and system is still running fine.

temps are up.around 55 idle.and i am using coolermaster hyper n520.

now my question is..is this oc correct or on stable lines??i had read that ds4p handles oc good.so is this fine?can i oc further?

some help will be good.

lsdmeasap some tips will be beneficial.

anvancy

Comment

Working...
                X