GA-MA78GM-S2H RTC resume from standby issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-MA78GM-S2H RTC resume from standby issue

I have GA-MA78GM-S2H rev1.1 and I'm using Windows XP in my media PC. I'm having an issue with standby.

If I put my PC on standby and wake it using MCE remote controller, it works fine and MediaPortal (software) works fine after the PC has resumed.

When a TV recording is due to start when my PC is in standby, PC powers on automatically at the right time. However the screen stays black. If I push the green (home) button on the MCE remote, the screen is displayed, and there is a .NET exception waiting. After dismissing the exception PC works.

I have SP3 in XP, S3USB fix and latest 8a BIOS. S3 sleep mode is selected in BIOS.

This is very a very annoying issue and I've been fighting with it for several months now (when I switched to this motherboard), so any help is really appreciated!

Re: GA-MA78GM-S2H RTC resume from standby issue

Did you have the issue with Previous Beta or NON Beta BIOS's? If not then you may want to go back until they correct this issue with F8 series. Please send in a report with a link to this thread and explain your issue to the tech team and ask them to forward this bug report to the BIOS Engineers >>
    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Technical Service Zone

You do have all the latest windows updates installed correct, even the optional ones?

Do you have your GFX Card set to be able to wake the system in the power options?

What is this S3USB Fix, and where did you get that?

Comment

Re: GA-MA78GM-S2H RTC resume from standby issue

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
      Did you have the issue with Previous Beta or NON Beta BIOS's? If not then you may want to go back until they correct this issue with F8 series.
      Yes, I actually updated to 8a only a couple of days ago to find out whether this issue would have been fixed (used 7 before). (Sidenote: I was not aware that 8a means Beta release - this should be mentioned in the BIOS download page.)

You do have all the latest windows updates installed correct, even the optional ones?
      Yes (all the relevant ones, there are some optional updates like PowerShell I don't want to install), and I have also reinstalled Windows.

Do you have your GFX Card set to be able to wake the system in the power options?
      I'm not sure what do you mean? I'm using the integrated display adapter and didn't see anything related in the BIOS.

What is this S3USB Fix, and where did you get that?
      That was supplied on the CD ROM which came with the motherboard. I have not seen any documentation for it, but without installing the fix video playback stuttered a lot after standby.

Btw., I asked about this issue also in MediaPortal's forum and found out that I'm not alone with this one.

Comment

Working...
      X