MA790X UD4P post errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MA790X UD4P post errors

Brand new board today. Plugged in new AMD 7850 and SATA drives and booted up.

Initially it booted up my old installation of XP and installed chipset and graphics drivers (Nvidia) but then started to mess up. System started to crash when the USB mouse first moved.

OK, it was worth a try. Reinstall windows ... crashed during (quick format) install.

Now it won't recognize the keyboard on boot. If I press delete a few times, it will time-out to the BIOS but its not getting me anywhere - i seem to be trapped in a loop of decreasing effect.

I have; unplugged non-essential drives, reset CMOS, swapped out keyboard, and I'm going nuts at this point. I built several systems over the years, but this has me losing patience fast.

Ideas please!

Re: MA790X UD4P post errors

Originally posted by kiwiaz View Post
    Brand new board today. Plugged in new AMD 7850 and SATA drives and booted up.

Initially it booted up my old installation of XP and installed chipset and graphics drivers (Nvidia) but then started to mess up. System started to crash when the USB mouse first moved.

OK, it was worth a try. Reinstall windows ... crashed during (quick format) install.

Now it won't recognize the keyboard on boot. If I press delete a few times, it will time-out to the BIOS but its not getting me anywhere - i seem to be trapped in a loop of decreasing effect.

I have; unplugged non-essential drives, reset CMOS, swapped out keyboard, and I'm going nuts at this point. I built several systems over the years, but this has me losing patience fast.

Ideas please!
    ---------------------
    Unless you have a ps2 connected keyboard then the keyboard will not work on bootup.
    I have just built a new pc using same motherboard and cpu.
    A fresh installation of windows is the only way to go seein that it is a new board and cpu.
    Unless you ran the installation cd for the motherboard there is no way that windows found or installed any chipset drivers or lan driver.
    Sata hdd on SATA channel 0, then any other SATA hdds on next channel(Main sata hdd =channel 0, second on channel 1, and so on)
    In bios you have to set the ram volts to the correct setting for your ram unless it it runs at 1.8v.
    ----------------------------
    I have seen crashes due to usb keyboards and mice being connected on installation of windows.
    -------------------------------------------------
    With usb keyboards and mice I always use a ps2 adapter while installing windows and then change over to usb after windows boots up ok.
    Like I said, there is no way that windows can install any chipset driver for any new board.
    You have to run motherboard cd for that.

Comment

Re: MA790X UD4P post errors

Thanks for your reply. The keyboard is PS2, mouse is USB.

Update; In this case I was able to subsequently install XP. The thing that is kicking my butt is the system seems to run until I do some "work". Almost any input causes a total lockup.

I booted through to safe mode - device manager says only the graphics card needs drivers (haven't had it run long enough to install them!) but then locked-up when I dragged a window. No other errors reported.

Comment

Working...
      X