Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unstable Core 2 Quad (Q9650) and GA-EP45C-UD3R!!! Was Problem UltraMon???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unstable Core 2 Quad (Q9650) and GA-EP45C-UD3R!!! Was Problem UltraMon???

Hi out There,
    Well, I am the guy that has had all the problems trying to get his new computer build to run stable!

Gigabyte GA-EP45C-UD3R Motherboard
    Core 2 Quad (Q9650) CPU
    ATI All-In-Wonder HD Graphics Card
    Patriot PC3-16000 (2000 MHz) Memory 4 GB (2 x 2 GB)
    MSI Turbostream ATX 12v v2.2 Switching Power Supply
    Creative Platinum Sound Card
    Western Digital 10,000 R.P.M. Raptor (150 GB) Hard Drive (Boot Drive)
    Seagate Caviar (640 GB) Hard Drive (Storage)
    Windows XP Professional x32 bit edition (SP-3)

Anyway, I kept having the problem with my computer doing the RE-Start thing on it's own!!! Even with the CPU at factory settings!!!

I replaced everything (powersupply, memory, CPU, etc.) with no positive results! I even reformated the hard drive and started over 2 times!

I contacted ATI, because I had figured there had to be a conflict between the drivers/software for my All-In-Wonder HD graphics card and the new motherboard, because it all worked fine before I bought the new motherboard. After much debate with ATI he concluded it was the motherboard?! Because of the "Bad_Pool_Caller" error I would get sometimes when the computer re-started?!

So, I was ready to send my motherboard back to Gigabyte. Then I started racking my brain about everthing I had changed about the same time I replaced the motherboard and it came down to adding the program "UltraMon"!!! This program lets you put different desktop backgrounds on different monitors and also lets you have 2 differnet screen savers on two different monitors at the same time! Pretty Cool!

But, I think this was the problem?!

I removed the program yesterday morning and I have not had a problem since!!! Over 24 Hours now!!!

I just wanted to know if anyone else has had this similar problem using the "UltraMon" software?

And if anyone knows of a different program that lets you do the same thing? Mainly I just want to be able to have a different desktop backgroud on 2 different monitors. I don't care about the screen saver stuff.

One More Thing

What is the best Voltage to set my (Q9650) CPU at? I have it running at 3.73 Ghz right now! And the Voltage is set to "Auto"?

Here are the rest of my settings:

Robust Graphics Booster (Auto)
    CPU Clock Ratio (9X)
    Fine CPU Clock Ratio (+0.0)
    CPU Frequency 3.73 GHz (415x9)

CPU Host Clock Control (Enabled)
    CPU Host Frequency (MHz) 415
    PCI Express Frequency (MHz) (Auto)
    C.I.A. (Disabled)

Advanced Clock Control (All Set To Auto)

Performance Enhance (Turbo)
    Extreme Memory Profile (Disabled)
    MCH Frequency Latch (Auto)
    System Memory Multiplier (Auto)
    Memory Frequency (MHz) 1066 1328

DRAM Timing Selectable (SPD) (Manual)
    CAS Latency Time 9
    tRCD 9
    tRP 9
    tRAS 24

Advanced Timing Control (All Set To Auto)

Load-Line Calibration (Disabled)
    CPU Vcore (Auto)
    CPU Termination (Auto)
    CPU PLL (Auto)
    CPU Reference (Auto)

MCH Core (Auto)
    MCH Reference (Auto)
    MCH/DRAM Reference (Auto)
    ICH I/O (Auto)
    ICH Core (Auto)

DRAM Voltage 2.040V
    DRAM Termination (Auto)
    Channel A Reference (Auto)
    Channel B Reference (Auto)

Advanced BIOS Settings

HDD S.M.A.R.T. Capability (Enabled)
    Limit CPUID Max. to 3 (Disabled)
    No-Execute Memory Protect (Enabled)
    CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E) (Disabled)
    C2/C2E State Support (Disabled)
    CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) (Enabled)
    CPU EIST Function (Enabled)
    Virtualization Technology (Enabled)
    Delay For HDD (Secs) (0)
    Full Screen LOGO Show (Enabled)
    Init Display First (PEG)

Well, that's about all of them and what I have them set at right now running at 3.73 GHz!

My Goal is 4.00 GHz!!! And Be Stable!!! Can Anyone Help Me Fine Tune These Settings? PLEASE.

Thanks and hope to hear from someone soon!

MattR.
    Matthew Rohren
    [email protected]
    402-477-0280

Re: Unstable Core 2 Quad (Q9650) and GA-EP45C-UD3R!!! Was Problem UltraMon???

Just Wanted to Say That My Computer Is Still Up and Running Fine!!!

I just can't hardly believe that after all of these problems, and it was the "UltraMon" software the whole time?!

I Sure Hope It Keeps Running Like It Is!

But, I sure would like to make sure the settings are correct in my BIOS! I am pretty new to Overclocking!

Anyway, any help would be great! Thanks and have a good day!

Hope To Hear From Someone Soon! Thanks Again!

MattR.
    [email protected]
    402-477-0280

Comment

One Other thing,
      I was just curious if the R.A.M. Speed should be the same as the F.S.B. Speed?
      My CPU F.S.B. is running at 1660 MHz and My Memory Bus is Running at 1328 MHz?
      And if they should be the same, how do I go about getting it to run at a 1:1 ratio? The same speeds for the F.S.B. and the Memory Bus Speed?

Thanks again!

MattR.

Comment

Hi Again,
        Well, I don't think anyone is probably reading this post but I just wanted to say that I ran Prime95 for 6 hours with no problems! But I don't know how reliable Prime95 is? Because I have used it in the past on systems that never failed, ever! And it would not even make it through the first round of tests!
        I know it states that it is probably a problem that won't show itself unless it is the right condition? But I don't know, because I have read others that have said the same thing.
        Anyway, I just wanted to say that I posted this matter about the "UltraMon" software and the conflicts I had with it, because I not only wanted to see if anyone else had had a similar problem. But also to just put some sort of a record of it on the internet, so if someone else is experiencing a similar problem it might help them in some way to confirm that someone else had the same problem?

Enough said I just was hoping someone could Please Help Me with getting my new computer running stable at 4.00 GHz. Or at least give me some advice on the settings I have listed right now and how they should be set.

Thanks and look forward to hearing from someone!

MattR.

Comment

Well,
          This will be the last post from me, I just wanted a little bit of help! But, I guess I don't know enough or something!
          I just have one last question if anyone cares!
          Has anyone had a problem with their soundcard drivers loading on startup? I have to re-start my computer a few times to get the high pitched whinning noise to go away on startup?
          I have tried re-installing the software and putting the card in a different PCI slot, but it still does it?!
          It only really does it when I overclock my CPU and MEMORY!
          That is one of reasons I needed some help on Tweaking my BIOS settings, thinking this might help the soundcard loading correctly on startup?

Anyway, thanks I guess? And I hope someone will reply!

MattR.

Comment

Working...
          X