Help with GA-P35-DS3L onboard ethernet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with GA-P35-DS3L onboard ethernet

We had a storm over the weekend with lots of lightning, I was out of town when it came through, but when I returned home I found our AT&T router would not turn on and had apparently been damaged by some sort of power surge during the storm, along with a couple of cable boxes. Now that all of those items have been replaced, my computer is still saying that the network cable is unplugged, but the internet works fine on every other computer in the house.

Is it possible that the power surge damaged the onboard ethernet portion of my motherboard?

What should I do?

Thanks!

-Kurt

Re: Help with GA-P35-DS3L onboard ethernet

Yes, it is possible. Does it show up as functioning correctly in device manager?

Do you see a MAC Address in the BIOS, press F9 on the MAIN Page of the BIOS and you should see LAN MAC Address. Just another thing to check is all

Comment

Well, I installed an ethernet card and everything was working again. Now today my computer has become completely unstable. It has been locking up or crashing about a minute or two after startup. I'm guessing that the motherboard suffered other damage from the lightning, and its just beginning to show up.

Would you agree? Should I replace the motherboard?

Thanks!

Comment

I would be more concerned about the PSU being damaged, unless there's something else that you didn't write. Have you done any troubleshooting? Maybe it's a bad stick of RAM, bad sectors on the HD, or the OS. The NIC driver looks suspect too.

Comment

What would be my best method of troubleshooting?

Thanks again for the help!

Comment

Working...
          X