bios update problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bios update problem

i have downloaded new bios file at the "http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/BIOS_Model.aspx?ProductID=2957"

it is zipped file and i have found 3 files
    autoexec.bat ,ex58ex.f7 ,FLASHSPI.EXE

i have tried autoexec.bat but it dont works
    because my o/s is vista x64 and it(FLASHSPI.EXE ) is works only for 32bit!!!!

maybe gigabyte's website is desigend only for 32bit user
    or Eveerything is just D.I.Y.

is it very hard thing to add one line " this woks on the 32bit "?

now i'm trying to update bios at the CMOS
    ex58ex.f7 -> this is ROM file,right?

i'm afraid if it is not

if somebody knows about this, plz reply me
    it will be helpful

thanks in advance

Re: bios update problem

Check this thread http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/
    Everything is very well explained.
    Best way is to use a usb stick and Q-Flash. Check that thread and you'll be ok.
    GA-EP45-UD3R (F12)
    Zalman CNPS-7000C-CU
    [email protected]
    2x2GB A-DATA Vitesta 800+ CL4 Extreme Edition @ [email protected] (5-5-5-15)
    Asus EN9800GT Ultimate @ 810/2000/2200
    Seagate 250GB + WD 500GB + WD 640GB
    Asus DRW 1608-P
    BenQ G2010WP
    Thermaltake TR2 500W
    Windows 7 Pro x64

Comment

As per the bios guide, all i do now is extract the actual bios image file from the distribution executable (usually a WinRar SFX file) and copy it to a decent quality USB stick that has been formatted in FAT only.

I then enter Q-Flash upon boot up by entering the DEL key (if memory serves me right) and navigate to/select bios file. I also set the "Keep DMI Data" to Disable.

Upon leaving Q-Flash after a successful flash bios update where the system will reboot (or power off - depending on your menu choice), I enter the bios proper and on the main bios page (not a specific sub section) enter the "Optimised Defaults" Save and allow the PC to reboot once more.

Loading up the optimised defaults (for all aspects) is essential after upgrading the bios.

Notes: If you don't use WinRar, I believe the freeware Zip utility 7-Zip is compatable with Rar files.
      GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Originally posted by morph View Post
        Check this thread http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/
        Everything is very well explained.
        Best way is to use a usb stick and Q-Flash. Check that thread and you'll be ok.

thanks ,morph
        it is really helpful for understadning BIOS
        Last edited by zinlab; 06-27-2009, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by VorLonUK View Post
          As per the bios guide, all i do now is extract the actual bios image file from the distribution executable (usually a WinRar SFX file) and copy it to a decent quality USB stick that has been formatted in FAT only.

I then enter Q-Flash upon boot up by entering the DEL key (if memory serves me right) and navigate to/select bios file. I also set the "Keep DMI Data" to Disable.

Upon leaving Q-Flash after a successful flash bios update where the system will reboot (or power off - depending on your menu choice), I enter the bios proper and on the main bios page (not a specific sub section) enter the "Optimised Defaults" Save and allow the PC to reboot once more.

Loading up the optimised defaults (for all aspects) is essential after upgrading the bios.

Notes: If you don't use WinRar, I believe the freeware Zip utility 7-Zip is compatable with Rar files.
          thanks, VorLonUK
          i did it as you said
          and it works well

Comment

Working...
          X