Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GA-EP45T-DS3R: What DDR3 RAM are you using?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EP45T-DS3R: What DDR3 RAM are you using?

Hello All,

I have a Gigabyte GA-EP45T-DS3R motherboard waiting to be used. I have all the parts that I need for this motherboard except for the RAM.

I've read a few threads over on the OCZ forum and also TomsHardware regarding instability problems with various 4GB kits (2x2GB). From what I can gather, the higher the memory speed, the greater the likelihood of instability. I am also aware that this seems to be an issue with the P45 chipset; granted it was only qualified for 1066MHz RAM. I am wondering if anyone is using OCZ Technology OCZ3P13334GK DDR3 RAM on this board without any issues.

Please note that this board was a 'hand-me-down', so I didn't really have a choice on which model board I was getting.

I'd prefer not to have to buy another board, but I guess the worse case scenario is for me to source the DDR2 equivalent GA-EP45-DS3R board and stick with my current Corsair Micro TWIN2X4096-8500C5D Dominator RAM.

Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Re: GA-EP45T-DS3R: What DDR3 RAM are you using?

Hello X-Man,
    I am in the process of going through some testing with some Corsair RAM. (see my sig)

The EP45T-DS3R overclocks the CPU pretty well for it not being a "overclock built" board.

I had the thing running fairly quickly (450 FSB and 1500 mem @7 7 7 15) running FSX.

Then I went to some real testing - using OCCT - and bam - the system was not a happy camper.

However - these test programs (OCCT, Prime95, IBBT etc) take a 30lb sledgehammer and a blowtorch to cpu and ram, whereas Flight simulator is roughly a 7 ounce hammer.

Keep reading the threads, I have learned a lot here at Tweaktown.
    Case: Cooler Master Sniper
    PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 750
    UPS: APC CS 500
    CPU: Intel QX9650 3.00 GHZ Cooler: Xigmatek Black Knight
    MB : Gigabyte GA-EP45T-DS3R Rev 1 Bios:F2 Bus:333
    Ram: 4GB (2X2GB) DDR3 Corsair XMS TW3X4G1600C9DHX (9 9 9 24 1.8V ver 3.2)
    GPU: EVGA Nvidia 8800 GTX 768 MB
    HDD: Western Digital Raptor 150GB SATA
    DVD: Memorex CD/DVD Writer 52X/32X/16X
    Display: Sharp LC-42D72U 42 in LCD 60Hz
    Misc: Seagate 300GB SATA Drive in Kingwin hot swap module (used for image backups)

Comment

Re: GA-EP45T-DS3R: What DDR3 RAM are you using?

Hi ghost707,

Yes I saw your thread actually, and thanks for your reply! :)

To be honest with you, I think I will spring for a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P board and stick with my Corsair Micro TWIN2X4096-8500C5D Dominator 2x2GB kit. I'm not in a great hurry to buy this board, though, as I do have a working machine. So will read your thread with interest.

Also, I'm the sort of person who likes a nice simple overclock (probably a blasphemous thing to say on this forum) and I derive frustration - not joy - from having to tweak stuff just to get it to work. I don't mind tweaking stuff to get free performance, though.

Cheers,

X

Comment

Working...
      X