USB mouse and PS2 keyboard losing power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB mouse and PS2 keyboard losing power

I've built a p.c. using a GA-EP45-UDR3 rev 1.1 motherboard, Q9550 processor, 4GB RAM and GTX260 graphics card. My operating system is XP Pro SP2. BIOS is latest version F9

All appears to be well except...

When my mouse - MS Wheel Mouse Optical USB - is plugged into a USB port (or PS2 port using adaptor) and keyboard is plugged into PS2 port, the mouse will sporadically lose power. I can temporarily correct this problem by plugging it into a different USB port but then it happens again.

Occasionally the keyboard will also cease to function.

The problem, sporadic power loss to mouse or keyboard , will happen when I boot to a DOS CD-ROM, as well as when I boot to Windows XP.

In the BIOS Integrated Peripherals setting, I disabled USB keyboard, USB mouse and USB Legacy HDD. As long as I have both mouse and keyboard in the PS2 ports, the above problem goes away, but...
    Is there anything I could try to allow trouble-free usage of a mouse in one of the USB ports?

Re: USB mouse and PS2 keyboard losing power

In the BIOS Integrated Peripherals setting, I disabled USB keyboard, USB mouse and USB Legacy HDD.
    If you have a intermediate short on any of your USB devices it could cause both devices to short. The DOS CD-ROM Issue is because you diabled support in your bios. You may want to enable USB support in bios and try another mouse. It worked for me.
    Last edited by artdrivers; 07-06-2009, 07:16 AM.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
    http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
    Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
    Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
    Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
    4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
    (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
    (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
    (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
    Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
    Mid size ATX case with show through panel
    2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
    Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
    Logitech G500 USB mouse
    Monitor: CMV937A
    7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
    Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

Re: USB mouse and PS2 keyboard losing power

I would plug the mouse & keyboard into another computer or laptop, just to make sure they're not defective.

Comment

Working...
      X