easy tune question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• easy tune question

Since I seem to be having troubles overclocking my Q6600 manually, I decided to give Easy Tune a try, to see what the results would be.

I set quickboost to the second option: 3.44 Ghz. Rebooted. And the easy tune panel now shows me as running according to that speed.

But when I look at information in core temp I see the following:

2580.04mhz (430.01 x6.).

This is my first time trying to overclock so I am new to all of this. I am a bit confused about how to read the numbers. is 2580 equal to 3.44? How does one do the calculations?

Thanks for your help.

Re: easy tune question

It's at 430x6 because of speedstep energy saving technology. It raises to x9 when your computer is in load conditions.

If you don't want this feature, then go into BIOS and disable C1E & EIST.

EasyTune6 is good for testing out different voltages, but the "quickboost" settings are bad, and doesn't help you become a better overclocker.

Comment

Re: easy tune question

I recommend that you read the sticky regarding memory settings and read various threads that talk about voltages. Easytune tends to set some quite a bit higher than necessary, sometimes dangerously so.
      i7 3770K, 47X100= 4.7GHz at 1.33V, ASROCK Z77 Extreme4, 2 X 4GB Patriot Viper Black Maba DDR3 1600, GTX 590, 2 X Corsair Force 3 120GB SSDs in RAID 0, Barracuda SATA 7200.10 500GB, Barracuda SATA 7200.11 1000GB Back Ups, OCZ ZX 1250W, Z-5500s, LG Blu Ray Player/DVD Burner, Koolance CTR-CD12 Fan/Pump Controller, Windows 7 X64 Professional, HAF X. Vision Quest 24" WS LCD, Optoma H66 Projector
      Cooling: Thermochill PA120.2 GT AP15 in push, DDC 3.25/XSPC Res top, Apogee Xt Extreme, XSPC Razor, Coolgate CG-240 Swiftech Helix in push/pull, MCP35X.

Comment

Working...
      X