GA-EX58-UD4P BIOS Update Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EX58-UD4P BIOS Update Question

I just got a Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P motherboard with an Intel i7 Core 920 CPU. I built this computer as a Hackintosh with Windows being my primary OS. So far everything works flawlessly on both sides. The only thing I've noticed is that the internet in OS X 10.5.7 runs a bit slow in comparison to the Windows side, and I'm not really sure why.

Do you think flashing the BIOS to the latest firmware might remedy the problem? The current version I have is F8. Have people experienced any major problems with the latest firmware?

Re: GA-EX58-UD4P BIOS Update Question

F9c is the latest but I cannot see how that would affect internet speed especially since it is fine in Windows. Guess it just says something about OS X :)
    i7 920 DO @ 4410 210*21 Watercooled
    Gigabyte GA-Ex58 ud4p
    3X2gb Mushkin DDR3 1600
    2x4870 1GB Ati Crossfire.
    Intel X-25M SSD OS drive
    G.Skill Titan 128gb SSD X2 RAID 0 Data
    Corsair HX850 PSU
    Windows 7 x64 7600

Comment

I thought I could chime in here to help, I built my UD4P i7 as a dual Windows7/OSX setup. My network speed is just fine on both sides, are you sure you are running the right Realtek NIC driver for the OSX side? Are you using a distro or EFI retail style setup?

Also I ended up going to F9c for a simple bug that F8 just didnt seem to work with. That is my Scythe PWM fan for my CPU. On F8 it makes it run full tilt even with the Bios set to Auto on CPU Smart Fan. It only kicks into correct mode if I go to Windows, launch EasyTune6 and setup the FAN speeds.

So updated to F9c and what you know the BIOS itself can control the Scythe PWM fan just fine now, cant understand how it dont truly work on F8 bios.

Dixit
      EX58-UD4P Motherboard
      Core i7 920 Processor D0 stepping
      Patriot 6GB 1600mhz PVT36G1600LLK Memory
      Prolimatech Megahalems CPU Cooler (push-pull fan)
      Zotac GTS250 1gb Video Overclocked
      Cooler Master CM690 Case with 6 Fans
      Corsair 750TX Power Supply
      1TB Seagate 7200.12 HD

Comment

hi, which version of osx you installed on the GA-EX58-UD4P ?...the normal osx for mac or a modified version?...leo4all or idenep??? thx for your request! sorry for my english im from sweden!^^

Comment

I actually started with the IATKOS distro for OSX (the 10.5.7 one, latest). But that was just my temporary setup. I needed that (and most will) to get to a retail boot setup.

So now I got a retail boot of 10.5.7 running with Chameleon 2 beta. I throw all my stuff (like kexts for sound/ATA/etc) into the EXTRA folder and then use the EFI string to kick the GTS250 video card. My setup is flawless right now. Everything works. Sleep, wake, sound, you name it. Its basically identical to like a $4000 Mac Pro out there except mine was for less than $1000.

Also wanted to point out, my initial load of the retail boot was 10.5.6, then with the whole Chameleon setup, you dont have to worry about updates crashing the OSX. I then updated as normal macs would to 10.5.7 and it booted normal. The key is the EFI boot/Chameleon setup so it makes sure the necessary kexts and EFI strings are always launched regardless of of Apple updates the base install with.

Dixit
          EX58-UD4P Motherboard
          1TB Seagate 7200.12 HD

Comment

thhhhhhhhhhxxxxxxx, can you read out the responcecode in os x?...i work with logic 8 in osx and i dont become any code...i need it to install some software instruments like atmosphere ore something...

Comment

Im not sure what you are referring to of a response code. Im not familiar with logic 8 either.

Dixit
              EX58-UD4P Motherboard
              1TB Seagate 7200.12 HD

Comment

i think its like a mac adress or something for software...

InsanelyMac Forum > Missing Omnisphere challenge code in Logic 8

Comment

Working...
                X