Ga ep43-ud3l /ocz fatality ram issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ga ep43-ud3l /ocz fatality ram issue

Hi all im new here and im not much of an over clocker but i do have issue that i hope you guys can help me resolve.
    I bought my 1st giga board a week ago expecting too run my pc 8500 ocz fatality ram 4 gigs at 1066 / 6-7-7-20 but when i start up my box ram running at pc6400/800mhz. I used cpuz and found my ram is running at 5-5-5-15

Need help in getting my ram to run at its 1066/6-7-7-20 thx
    Last edited by iNoMaD; 08-01-2009, 08:28 AM.

Re: Ga ep43-ud3l /ocz fatality ram issue

Originally posted by iNoMaD View Post
    Hi all im new here and im not much of an over clocker but i do have issue that i hope you guys can help me resolve.
    I bought my 1st giga board a week ago expecting too run my pc 8500 ocz fatality ram 4 gigs at 1066 / 6-7-7-20 but when i start up my box ram running at pc6400/800mhz. I used cpuz and found my ram is running at 5-5-5-15
    Heres a link to my cpuz image with info

Need help in getting my ram to run at its 1066/6-7-7-20 thx
    Please confirm that this is your memory kit. Please fill your signature with all other system specs such as PSU, CPU, video card etc, and the link to your memory.

Usually QCZ have an "EPP ready" for memory that has EPP profile on the page, so it might not have EPP.

To tun as DDR-1066 DRAM Voltage needs to be set to 2.0v. Make sure the board does not over volt it too much. I see in the page you still under warenty up to 2.05v.

Load optimized defaults, set memory multiplier to show 1066, set standard timings manually to 6-7-7-20, set DRAM Voltage to 2.0v. Save BIOS settings reboot and get back into BIOS HW Monitor, check DDR18V.
    If everything is ok exit without saving, and start windows. Please post a screen capture of MemSet main window and SPD window (click spd).

If settings fail the PC will try to reboot, shut down and try again. If there was more then one reboot, get back to BIOS and set MCH Core to 1.2v, if there is still a problem try 1.24v then 1.26v.

With bad settings the PC might get into a reboot loop. If that happen, shut it down by turning the PSU switch off, or pulling the power cord when it shuts down. Press the power button for about 15-20 seconds, turn the PSU back on, and power up. You may need to do this more than once. Get Back to BIOS and make changes.

Comment

Thx 4 your quick reply i'll work on this and let u know and yes that link to the memory is what i have

Comment

Hi Chike ive done as u instructed and i think it worked heres an image of my memset http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/...1stattempt.jpg
        Last edited by iNoMaD; 08-01-2009, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Timings looks alright in MemSet, do some stability tests to make sure everything is O.K.

EDIT: Do some memory benchmarks and others to compare DDR-800 to DDR-1066, it might be that DDR-800 will work better for 266FSB.
          Last edited by Chike; 08-01-2009, 09:24 AM.

Comment

im kinda new bro what test do i do

Comment

Prime95 blend stress test is good for stability testing. Use CoreTemp or RealTemp to monitor temperature, make sure your temps are below 67c. It needs several hours, 6-12, run to prove good stability. If there are problem one of the threads usually fails, on some cases the computer will freez or crash.

Everest has memory benchmark (under Tools menu,) and many others.
              If you are a gamer see how it effects your frame rates or run a 3D benchmark.
              See what gives you best performance for the kind of use you make with your PC.

You can find Everest and Prime95 CoreTemp and others in the program sticky at the top of the forum.

Comment

Working...
              X