can't find x48 chipset water block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't find x48 chipset water block

i have a GA x48-DS4 with a single sapphire 4870 1gb for now and 8 gigs ram ocz reaper 1066 and a q6600 currently clocked at 333 . 9 in an antec 900 case with cable management and a pc p and c 750 quad psu
    the northbridge is very hot to touch currently and at 1600 mhz fsb it is even worse can't hold finder for 5 seconds. well i can but it burns.
    i looked at the tim and it's a pad not tim and i can't replace the pad with time cuz the pad is also over a screw on the factory hs.
    i figure it will be even hotter when i get the second 4870 for it to controll and overclock the proc up to 380 . 9 which i had the chip doing on a p45 ud3r well it was 425 . 8 on the ud3r. still 3400
    so i always wanted to liquid cool my cpu any way i started looking for chipset cooler but cannot find any thing really.
    i have never liquid cooled before but i was going to start with
    eheim 1250 (i want ac pump)
    swiftech apogee gtz
    hardware labs 360
    x48 chipset?
    i been wondering about the ek gigabyte x38/48 chipset block but it doesn't say it's compatible with this board and the mounting doesn't look to be bottoming so the mounting might be a little shifty. i also can't find it shipped to canada.

any suggestions appreciated as always.

Re: can't find x48 chipset water block

Try Watercool.de and Mips-computer.de, they should have blocks available.

Watercool's compatibility list:

Comment

Working...
    X