Realtek sound issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Realtek sound issues

I never had this option, which many others said ought to be there in other forums. Oh well, in any case this may be temporary. By Jan 2010, I may upgrade to Windows 7 anyway with a SSD
    Last edited by sandeep108; 08-11-2009, 03:13 AM.

Comment

Ahh, so you have never seen an image of it in XP? Only what people "Said"?

I'd contact RealTek and see what they have to say, I am sure they will reply to you.

If you do, let us know what they say

Comment

Yes. I thought realtek would have an option similar to that of creative's cmss3d - essentially a speaker fill option - but it seemed it did earlier and now has been removed, for reasons best known to realtek.

From what I further read, audio is handled quite differently in Vista/W7 and therefore when realtek allowed that option, it produced quite a bit of distortion in the rear/side speakers. The later drivers removed that option for Vista/W7, apparently left it for xp, but it does seem that from 2.23 (the ones I got with my MB) that option is not there for xp also.

Let me try and contact realtek and see what they say (if I get a response).

Comment

Sounds good, let us know what they tell you.

If you want I can get you some older drivers, but you need to tell me when you think the change was made, like what version you think might still have it

Comment

Surprise, surprise, this is the fastest response I have ever got from a tech support, though it is inaccurate, since the current drivers do not give the option in Vista/W7:

Dear Sir,
            We are sorry WinXP does not support speaker fill function.
            We recommend upgarde OS to Vista or Win7.

Best regards,
            PC-Tech

寄件日期: 2009年8月11日 下午 04:38
            收件者: Pctech
            主旨: Realtek drivers

- Hide quoted text -
            Dear Sir,
            I am having latest Gigabyte x58 Extreme motherboard with Realtek HD Audio. I have installed latest drivers (2.29) and my OS is XP SP3. I am having 5.1 hi-fi speaker system.

I am not having option of 'speaker fill' anywhere in sound manager. I am therefore unable to play mp3 or audio CD in pc with full surround 5.1 sound.

Creative sound manager has this option.

Please re-enable this option in your next driver version.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
              If you want I can get you some older drivers, but you need to tell me when you think the change was made, like what version you think might still have it
              Thanks, but it is too much trouble since now foobar2000/CM is working perfectly to give me surround in mp3. No point in you (or me) wasting any more time over this.

Thanks a lot for your prompt responses.

Comment

WOW, damn that was fast!!

Well, WTF Vista or Win7? I just looked and it is NOT in vista either!!

Comment

The responses from realtek are quite funny - if anybody has time to read their inherent contradictions / out-dated knowledge:

Dear Sir,
                  With HD audio, any jack can be assigned to any input/output. But still I have accordingly put speaker jacks - front to green, rear to black and center/sub to orange and checked that jack assignment match.

Also then I cannot select rear speakers, only side speakers allowed to be set. Only if I set 8 channel speaker system then I can set rear. Why so?
                  - Hide quoted text -

2009/8/11 < [email protected] >

Dear Sir,
                  We never disable this function in WinXP.
                  Please connect 5.1 ch speakers to green black and orange jacks.

Best regards,
                  PC-Tech

寄件日期: 2009年8月11日 下午 05:20

主旨: Re: Realtek drivers

Dear Sir,
                  Yes sir, but at least I could copy the front sound to the rear speakers, like Creative. Please enable the copy function.

2009/8/11 <[email protected]>

Dear Sir,
                  No, XP does not support 5.1 surround sound.
                  What you hear is just copy from front speaker. It is stereo sound.

Best regards,
                  PC-Tech

寄件日期: 2009年8月11日 下午 05:13
                  主旨: Re: Realtek drivers

Dear Sir,
                  Thank you for your prompt response. But same function was there in XP earlier so XP supports. Why it has been removed now?
                  Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 08-11-2009, 06:01 AM.

Comment

HAHA Is that RealTek still?

Just wondered because I noticed the PC-Tech so I thought it was maybe a tech shop you bought something at.

Not sure what they mean, but like noted in their first reply they are wrong or mistaken and do not know what their driver team has or has not removed because the speaker fill option is not in vista and they said you need vista or windows 7.

Imagine how mad you would be if you went out and spent $300 to buy vista ultimate so you could use this and then see it also is not there either.

Comment

You asked me to contact them and that is why I included the e-mail addy. It is a realtek.com e-mail addy. It is from their web-site for Taiwan HQ tech support. But the forum is removing the e-mail addys. (obviously)

Comment

Ahh ok, I see now when I edit your posts.

It's because of the > < characters anytime you use either of those in this forum they must not touch any other letters or it messes things up and or sometimes blanks of much of the post.

See, I spaced them out from the email on one above and you can see what I mean.

So now I know, sorry just could not tell until you mentioned that

Comment

Originally posted by sandeep108 View Post
                          Hi. I have a EX58-Extreme. Everything is stable with my i7 on stock cooling @3.0 (done by the system builder - I am a bit of a noob when it comes to this, especially the i7 architecture). I have only a problem with the sound.

I have a 5.1 speaker system which on test playback plays fine. But:

1. How can I enable 5.1 sound from stereo mp3 or other sources? I cannot find the equivalent cmss3d anywhere in the realtek sound manager.

2. Using a media player, I did enable through its mixer 5.1 sound, but the rear (side labeled by realtek) tend to crackle. On doing a bit of browsing, someone suggested it is the DES that causes this crackling.

3. Why do I not get the universal realtek sound manager screens when I have installed the realtek latest driver from realtek's site? It still shows Gigabyte on the windows. On one of the screenshots of the universal realtek sound manager there is a check box 'speaker fill'. Why is this not there on the gigabyte sound manager?

Can anybody help? TIA.
                          In answer to #1 while the "Realtek HD Audio Manager" is open simply click "Dolby Pro Logic II" at the bottom middle so it's lit up to achieve 5.1 Audio for what you're describing, it works for me 100%.

As for the odd issue of the 5.1 setup showing the surround speakers as side speakers simply don't worry about it, it's merely a text glitch because the rears most certinly do work in games/movies/TV etc. for me unless I've got it all wrong. I sympathize though because that issue scared me for a bit as to why I couldn't get the manager to work logically but oh well.

As far as the audio cracking goes, A: make sure your speakers them selves aren't the problem if you haven't/unsure about them B: as others have said download DPC Latency Checker and see what it says and C: make sure you have your volume correct and bass levels not extremely high if your speakers cannot handle them.

Comment

Originally posted by KayossZero View Post
                            In answer to #1 while the "Realtek HD Audio Manager" is open simply click "Dolby Pro Logic II" at the bottom middle so it's lit up to achieve 5.1 Audio for what you're describing, it works for me 100%.
                            Oh gosh, was it that simple? I never thought of that, thinking they were all greyed out, so I did not have the features, especially since the detailed prologic dialog did not seem to do anything.

In any event, my workaround sounds far better than the pro-logic fill.

I wasted the time of profJim, Lsdmeasap (and the realtek tech support?!)

Comment

SO... you all set then? If so great, if not of course post back anytime and we will all try to help ya out

Comment

I wasted the time of profJim, Lsdmeasap (and the realtek tech support?!)
                                But it was a very informative waste of our time.
                                Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
                                P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
                                4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
                                MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
                                Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
                                WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
                                Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
                                SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
                                Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
                                Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
                                Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
                                MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
                                Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                                win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
                                HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
                                CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
                                E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
                                Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
                                Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
                                HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                                win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

Working...
                                X