Realtek sound issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Realtek sound issues

Sorry for the off topic post but thanks for sharing this following bit of info Lsdmeasap, I was wondering why some of my posts (mainly templates in code tags) had stuff missing, but it reappears only to me when I hit edit.

It's because of the > < characters anytime you use either of those in this forum they must not touch any other letters or it messes things up and or sometimes blanks of much of the post.
    Last edited by Psycho101; 08-12-2009, 05:43 PM.
    Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
    Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
    P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
    Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
    TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
    2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
    Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
    Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
    WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
    Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
    Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
    3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
    Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Comment

Ya it threw me off several times when I first joined here as I am used to IPB boards so I was clueless as to why things were being messed up. If you need to use the <> in tags, try the [] instead often they work just fine

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
        What did you see this option shown in xp on, the manual or somewhere else? Can you show me an image of this option on the interface if it is not in your manual?

Just wondering so I can look further into this for you as I can test on any OS here.

I do not see this option on Vista anywhere, so I need to know what image you are looking at so I can know what to look for. If it is just some random image, or even one in a manual, it could be older interface and not an actual setting available anymore.

Gigabyte logo will be there, even if you download direct from Realtek so that is nothing to worry about.

*EDIT*

I found an image of what you mean, looks to me like they removed that option or integrated it into something else possibly?

See here is mine in Vista (R2.29 Drivers) and the option is not there >>

RealTek Downloaded Drivers

Looks to be a 2007 post, so like I said you may also have been looking at a older interface >>

5.1 Sound Problem in Vista :( - Neowin Forums

So I am not sure what to suggest or say other then maybe please email RealTek and ask them if this setting should be visible for you. Here is their contact page >>
        Realtek

Let us know what they have to say
        Can somebody please tell me which version of the driver is the one in the second picture? I believe the upper one is R2.29 but which one is the lower one?

Because in the driver I have, if i select 5.1, it gives me "side" speaker and not "rear". Plus I dont have speaker fill option.

So, which version is in second picture?

Thanks in advance,

Comment

Originally posted by redtilldead View Post
          Can somebody please tell me which version of the driver is the one in the second picture? I believe the upper one is R2.29 but which one is the lower one?

Because in the driver I have, if i select 5.1, it gives me "side" speaker and not "rear". Plus I dont have speaker fill option.

So, which version is in second picture?

Thanks in advance,
          The second version seems to be an older driver, maybe LSD will give some details.

What you state is exactly my problem too. You have to follow my work around or as suggested by KayossZero, enable dolby pro-logic-II. This will 'fill' up (to some extent) the sound in the other speakers. They appear to have removed the speaker fill option as it caused crackling and other problems in Vista/W7.

Comment

Originally posted by sandeep108 View Post
            The second version seems to be an older driver, maybe LSD will give some details.

What you state is exactly my problem too. You have to follow my work around or as suggested by KayossZero, enable dolby pro-logic-II. This will 'fill' up (to some extent) the sound in the other speakers. They appear to have removed the speaker fill option as it caused crackling and other problems in Vista/W7.
            Ok, but I need to know what version that other driver in the lower pic is, so I can actually set my surround speaker as "rear" and not "side" like in the newer driver.

Comment

Ok, but I need to know what version that other driver in the lower pic is, so I can actually set my surround speaker as "rear" and not "side" like in the newer driver.
              Set it to 8 channel and then set the rear. The side speakers can be 'empty'.

Comment

Set it to 8 channel and then set the rear. The side speakers can be 'empty'.
                Are you sure I can do that? I wont lose any sound?

Comment

Are you sure I can do that? I wont lose any sound?
                  Nope, unless you have a 7.1 game/dvd, which is usually rare.

Comment

Nope, unless you have a 7.1 game/dvd, which is usually rare.
                    ah, thats the thing!

You know how to configure realtek so it uses the surround speaker as "rear"? In the older driver, it seems as if it HAS detected as rear.

Im running windows 7 by the way.

Comment

As I mentioned, selecting 8ch and then setting the rear, seems to give me better sound, than selecting 5.1 and setting rear as sides. It does not allow selecting as rear if you opt for 5.1 speaker system. But I am running xp sp3.

Comment

As I mentioned, selecting 8ch and then setting the rear, seems to give me better sound, than selecting 5.1 and setting rear as sides. It does not allow selecting as rear if you opt for 5.1 speaker system. But I am running xp sp3.
                        Hang on, but then most games/movies are in 5.1 but still it will be better?

Comment

As far as my knowledge goes, 5.1 sound should get populated with the rears, rather than the sides with 7.1 selected. You can always try your 5.1 DVD/games either way and decide which way you like it set up.

Comment

Looks like you are all set on the speaker ch selection now right? Hope so, if not let us know.

The driver image I posted is as linked, some 2007 driver and speaker fill is no longer a option

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                              Looks like you are all set on the speaker ch selection now right? Hope so, if not let us know.

The driver image I posted is as linked, some 2007 driver and speaker fill is no longer a option
                              Was that driver for Vista by any chance?

Because I tried to install some R1.67 vista version on windows 7 and it said that it dint support. I was assuming vista driver to work on windows 7.

Anyway, do you have any idea regarding the rear and side speakers on 5.1 as mentioned in my previous posts?

Comment

I am not sure, I linked the page I took the image from. You will have to go read there posts. You may even be able to dig up that driver through google, but it may not work with your onboard realtek chip, but always worth a shot if you are interested in it.

XP and Vista drivers should work on windows 7. Of course some may not though. Did you try XP or Vista compatibility mode to install?

I do know the speaker issue is known and the common solution is to use the incorrect channel setting to work around the issue as stated by others.

Comment

Working...
                                X