Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Realtek sound issues

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    I am not sure, I linked the page I took the image from. You will have to go read there posts. You may even be able to dig up that driver through google, but it may not work with your onboard realtek chip, but always worth a shot if you are interested in it.

XP and Vista drivers should work on windows 7. Of course some may not though. Did you try XP or Vista compatibility mode to install?

I do know the speaker issue is known and the common solution is to use the incorrect channel setting to work around the issue as stated by others.
    Yes, thats what also im doing at the moment i.e choosing 7.1 and disabling side to keep the rear ones. But am I losing any sound and is it true surround sound (or atleast close)?

I'll look into the other other posts and see if XP compatibility mode helps.

Comment

You are fine in adjusting things like that, it is a known issue and fix. Not sure why RealTek does not correct this though, but I assume there is a reason.

Comment

Ok just another quick question. In some places it says that surround speakers on a 5.1 are indeed supposed to be "side" and not "rear" like mentioned on THX and Dolby website.

This is my current set-up. So are the surround speakers considered "side" in this case?

red=speakers
        black=monitor
        brown=seating position

Sorry if this seems off topic but I just got my first ever 5.1 so Im a bit excited yet confused.
        Last edited by redtilldead; 08-20-2009, 03:04 AM.

Comment

As we have said, you can try the different workarounds and games/dvds and see which you like best. I do not think there is any issue of missing out of any sounds.

Comment

Ya, you wont be missing any sounds unless you find a speaker does not have any output.

Your image and settings look to be correct to me

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
              Ya, you wont be missing any sounds unless you find a speaker does not have any output.

Your image and settings look to be correct to me
              Great! thanks :)

Comment

Anytime!

Hope everything is sounding good there!

Comment

I tried both configurations and they sounded quite similar too me, im not an audiophile so its all good. Im pretty happy with my setup and games and movies sound ace! :D

Comment

Glad to hear you are happy! Ya I think onboard sounds great actually as long as you have decent speakers not some $5-10 ones

Post back anytime

Comment

if your using vista i dont bother installing gigabyte sound manager i use realtek it has better sound and when you select 5.1 sound you get the propper rear speakers not the side ones in gigabyte manager
                      Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                      Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                      Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                      Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                      1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                      1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                      Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                      Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                      Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                      Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                      K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                      L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                      Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                      Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                      http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                      Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
                        if your using vista i dont bother installing gigabyte sound manager i use realtek it has better sound and when you select 5.1 sound you get the propper rear speakers not the side ones in gigabyte manager
                        It is indeed the realtek sound manger im using, not gigabyte.

Besides, im on Windows 7

Comment

Originally posted by redtilldead View Post
                          It is indeed the realtek sound manger im using, not gigabyte.

Besides, im on Windows 7
                          How do you use realtek instead of gigabyte? Where is the choice available?

Comment

Originally posted by sandeep108 View Post
                            How do you use realtek instead of gigabyte? Where is the choice available?
                            Isnt the realtek one that you get from installing the driver? It called Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Comment

See my screenshots earlier in this thread, all I get is the HD manager with the Gigabyte logo.

Comment

Originally posted by sandeep108 View Post
                                See my screenshots earlier in this thread, all I get is the HD manager with the Gigabyte logo.
                                Maybe thats just how the manager looks like in XP?

Im not sure since i've not used realtek on XP.

Comment

Working...
                                X