Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GA-P43-ES3G will not install OS. Continuous rebooting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-P43-ES3G will not install OS. Continuous rebooting.

Hi!

I'm in a bit of a rut here. I cannot install my OS. The computer just came in today, and I've been trying to get it working for an hour or so now. Here are my specs:

* Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 2.66GHz, 1333FSB (Quad Core) 6000K
    * Spire Socket 775 Intel fan
    * 8GB (4x2GB) PC5300 DDR2 667 Dual Channel
    * GeForce 9400GT 1GB PCI EXpress 16X dual head, tv out
    * 500.0GB Maxtor/ Seagate 7200rpm SATA2 UDMA 300 16m Cache
    * Samsung 20x DVD Recorder Dual Layer +R/RW -R/RW
    * Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio
    * Ethernet network adapter (onboard)
    * Nikao Black Neon ATX Case w/side window & front USB
    * Antec 500W Power Supply
    * Black Windows Keyboard, 104 key, PS/2
    * Microsoft Windows XP Professional 64bit CD

Re: GA-P43-ES3G will not install OS. Continuous rebooting.

Also, let me add that I have tried the following:

-Changing SATA to IDE (or whatever that is called)
    -Booting from CDROM
    -Changing First Boot from Floppy Disk to CDROM

I have had no luck so far. This is beginning to be extremely frustrating considering the computer just came in today.

Comment

Tried removing a couple sticks of ram? From what I've been seeing online here you are going to have better luck installing with less than 8 gb of ram. Some of those more versed in your particular system can probably point you at the settings you will have to adjust in BIOS to get 8gb running correctly. Seems most systems do not work well at default settings with large amounts of ram.
      Last edited by PrairieDawg; 08-08-2009, 08:01 PM.
      Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Yes. No luck with that either.

Comment

Originally posted by PrairieDawg View Post
          Tried removing a couple sticks of ram? From what I've been seeing online here you are going to have better luck installing with less than 8 gb of ram. Some of those more versed in your particular system can probably point you at the settings you will have to adjust in BIOS to get 8gb running correctly. Seems most systems do not work well at default settings with large amounts of ram.
          Okay. Well I will patiently await some type of response to get my PC up and running. Thank you for this. :)

Comment

What exactly is happening? At what point is the installation failing? Do you have a live Linux disk for diagnostic purposes?
            Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Comment

What exactly is happening? At what point is the installation failing? Do you have a live Linux disk for diagnostic purposes?
              I can't even get to any installation screen.

When it first boots up it sounds off 1 solid peep and boots a solid black screen with white text listing the Video/Graphics card..then it will load the Gigabyte splash page with the options at the bottom (F12 for Boot Menu, Delete for BIOS, etc)...if I dont hit something in 3-4 seconds it'll go into this loop multiple times until I manually shut it down.

I have seriously tried everything. It wont boot from CDROM either. And I dont have a Linux.

Comment

I could make a few guesses but they would be just that: guesses. I think you've probably got enough information in this thread to give those who are a bit more up to date on your configuration something to work with. I'll bow out and hopefully someone else can solve the issue for you. Good luck and sorry I could not be of more assistance.

Comment

I could make a few guesses but they would be just that: guesses. I think you've probably got enough information in this thread to give those who are a bit more up to date on your configuration something to work with. I'll bow out and hopefully someone else can solve the issue for you. Good luck and sorry I could not be of more assistance.
                  Youve been very helpful so far. Thank you for the assistance!

Comment

My question is why would they sell Mobo's like this and all of this work has to be put into it in order for it to work? This makes no sense. I think this is the worst experience I've ever had with a computer. I probably should have just ordered from Dell again had I known all of this was going to occur. I have so much work to get done and was depending on this new rig a lot over these past couple days. Looks like I won't have a good run until Monday morning when I call technical support. Hopefully I wont have to wait that long to resolve this issue...

Comment

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but I would seriously like some help. This is beyond aggravating and if I have to send this back I will not be putting this product in another PC, nor will I ever recommend it to anyone else. This is terrible and makes no sense. Never before have I ever brought a brand new PC and had to gut the living Hell out of it 40+ times just for the same crap problem to occur. This is absolutely ridiculous.

Why even bother being a business if you're selling faulty products like this?! I've searched these forums high and low, and it seems to be a recurring issue with Gigabyte Mobos, but I haven't come across anything that relates to me. I am beyond frustrated with this. Ive wasted an entire day fooling around with something that should have worked as soon as I took it out of the box, and then they dont even have the nerve to have 24/7 technical support on the phone. I'm not waiting until Monday. I will have this boxed and ready to go tomorrow so I can get a replacement early this week. What a ridiculous way to spend the day.

Comment

I'm sending this back.

What a ridiculous product from a ridiculous company. This will be packed up tonight and sent back on Monday in the morning. I will no longer spend anymore time fooling around with mediocre products. If it doesn't work right out of the box, something is wrong, and even if you fix it, chances are there will be 50 other problems down the road and I just don't have time for it. Gigabyte, you fail as a company. I've seen nothing positive about your motherboards. You really ought to be ashamed to put half-assed products on the market.

If anyone is really okay with spending several hours of a day messing around with a brand, spankin' new computer out of the box then you really need to raise your standards. This is unacceptable, unprofessional, and irreversible. I will never purchase another product from Gigabyte nor will I recommend it to anyone else. I cannot believe that this is acceptable in our world today.

I have gone to Best Buy, brought a new power supply, have had Best Buy diagnose it, have searched Goggle, these forums, another set of technical support forums, called on the phone, have sent an email, and have called friends to ask for help. All of these different channels and routes I have taken today have gotten me absolutely no where. Sorry. I didn't spend $871 to purchase a hunk of bull****. If I wanted to do that I would've scraped together old silverware and robot parts to make my own damn motherboard to go through the same nonsense I've gone through since 2 P.M. today. It is now 12:36 AM and I am still without a functioning brand new PC. Thank you for wasting my time, Gigabyte.

Comment

Working...
                        X