• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Gigabyte 7600GS died! =(

Mobo: GA-945G-S3
    Card: 7600GS 265MB

Here's what happened:
    ..all of a sudden while browsing, my monitor went black for a few seconds and i heard a peep, and again goes black one more time with a few peeps! i turned my PC off from the power button and turned it on again, i found that some pixels are dead, some are very bright, some are dark, there's something wrong with the display in general! and computer doesnt go beyond the XP logo screen, then shows a black screen with the cursor on it! (i can access windows in safe mode, and i can access it too after uninstalling the driver in safe mode)

What i have done:
    ..i tried to clean all the dust on my cpu/psu/video card, reseated my video card, nothing! i tested my monitor on my brother's PC, its working fine! i cant test the video card becoz his system doesnt have PCI-E! im currently using my onboard VGA and its working fine! i flashed the card's bios, i flashed my mobo's bios, nothing!

..could it be my mobo(i mean the PCI-E slot in my mobo), or is it the video card? also, can it be fixed?

Re: My Gigabyte 7600GS died! =(

Could either one or it could be the PSU. Deos the fan on the video card works?

Comment

Can you try your brother's video card in yours? More likely than not it's the video card...

Comment

Yes, please try a different card to be sure but most likely it is the card that died

Comment

it doesnt have a fan, more like a heatsink sorta thing, something to dissipate the heat

and i cant try it on my brother's pc becoz his sytem is old, doesnt support pci-e, and my system doesnt support AGP, will try it on a friend's pc soon, but no one ever experienced something like that? it was working like a charm for the past 18 months!

Comment

Ya you will need to find a system to test your card in, that's all you can do. Since it does not have a fan and only a heatsink it likely was hot for too long and fried

Get one with a fan this time around and it should last longer

Comment

My card black out every now and then, but only for a secont or two, nothing severe like yours.
              Did it on my ASUS P35 board so it must be the card, the driver, or monitor.

Comment

I would suspect from his comments the card died. I have never liked passive heatsink GFX Cards because the only tend to run hot or overheat too often

Comment

Newegg.com - EVGA 256-P2-N753-TR GeForce 8600 GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Newegg.com - EVGA 512-P3-N954-TR GeForce 9500 GT 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

both are highly rated , inexpensive replacements that should do you well. Good luck!
                  i7 930 @ 4.2 ghz (200x21) 1.34 vcore 1.33 qpi
                  Noctua U12P se1366 Push Pull w/scythe slipstreams
                  6GBOCZ1333 @ 1600 - 9 9 9 24 1.64v
                  Gigabyte EX58-UD3R f11
                  Corsair tx750 PSU
                  EVGA GTX260 SC
                  Intel SSD80GBG2C1 OS/Apps
                  WD Caviar Black 500gb Data
                  ASUS Xonar DX
                  Klipsch Promedia 2.1
                  CM690 Case 3 in 3 out
                  Windows 7 64bit