ep45-dq6 format blue screen of death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ep45-dq6 format blue screen of death

when i try to formatt my computer when it says windows is starting start up it crashes bsod says to chdsk/f and check newly installed hardware can anyone help ?????

Re: ep45-dq6 format blue screen of death

So what are you trying to do? Format C, with windows already on it? If so, how are you trying this?

Sorry much more information is needed, please explain in full what you are trying to do

Comment

no i formated the my sata hard drive with another computer which should clear everything out No ?? so the hard drive is a 500gb sata hdd. damn board starting to piss me off lol

Comment

You mean windows crashes when it starts from the CD before you even installed it or in the process of installation after reboot?
        Put your system specs in your signature, CPU, PSU, ram, GPU etc, the link to your ram web page(or at least part number).
        If you have not loaded BIOS optimized defaults yet you can try that for a start.
        If that alone does not help you may also try to set Peroformance Enhance to standard and XMP to disabled (both in the MIT section in BIOS.)

Comment

Is your windows install CD XP with NO Service pack 1? If so that is the issue, you must use XP SP1 or above to install on PCIE Boards

Please post more info. I understand your formatted your drive on another system, ok. Then what? Just trying to install XP? If so, see above comment about Service Packs and get back to us.

If you need help finding out if your CD is Service pack one or above let me know and I will show you how to find out

Comment

Its service pack 2 ive used it on my previous build on a asrock 775ig65 mobo ive reset my bios and change my sata controller to AHCI and enable sata ports 0-3 native the os is a copy of a friend which i used over and over again and i just used it on my old pc to see if it works and it still does i also installed the driver with the floppy "Please make sure SATA Raid / AHCI set to AHCI and port 0- 3 Natibe mode set to enable in bios under integrated peripherals, and provide Intel ICH10R/AHCI driver from floppy when loading Winxp by pressing the F6 key procedure, after driver loaded, Winxp recognize SATA drive detete current partition, create new full partition, select format drive by using NTFS quick format, Winxp should be ok to load to SATA drive."THESE WERE INSTRUCTION FROM THE GIGABYTE SUPPORT and still crashes on the window installer start-up screen so yeah LOL oh thanks for responding quicly could it be the ram ???? well let me know
            Last edited by dgamez414; 08-26-2009, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Only 1GB of ram? Not very likely. What is it rated, do you have any other ram to try with?

Comment

no i dont ill get a new one just to try it out later i thought maybe i got a defective mobo

Comment

It very well could be faulty. Sounds like you are doing things all correctly.

You can test to be sure if you have a copy of vista, as you would not have to load drivers for it. If Vista will install then you either have the driver corrupted or the folder structure is wrong and it just looks to install correctly but does not.

To be sure, can you please tell me exactly what drives you have connected to where, and what Port Color and # they are.

Then also please give me your settings for the following

Integrated Peripherals

Intel Controller (Yellow Ports)
                  SATA RAID/AHCI Mode (Intel ICH10R Southbridge) ............. AHCI
                  SATA Port0-3 Native Mode ................................... Enabled (or Disabled, both will work)

Gigabyte/J.Micron Controller (Purple Ports)
                  Onboard SATA/IDE Device (GIGABYTE SATA2 Chip) ............. Enabled
                  Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl Mode (GIGABYTE SATA2 Chip) ........... IDE

Comment

i have MY HDD hooked up 2 the yellow sata2_0 i tried the purple portt 2 but it still does the same thing

Comment

HEY THANKS IT FINALLY WORKED VISTA HOME PREMIUM PRETTY GOOD THOUGH IT SUCKS CAUSE I HAVE A 1GB but will upgrade soon and thanks a million !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

So you got it all setup then? Sounds good, post back anytime if you need more help!

Hope you get more ram soon, your PC will thank you :)

Comment

hey WHats UP

HEY well i upgraded my Ram to 4 GB but when i put both stick it it Freezes ocz rpx10004gk and when i put only one it runs ok i wanted to to use it as dual channel do i have to move something in the bios ?????

Comment

use slots 1+3, set your ram voltage manually and set MCH Core to 1.20-1.24 and you should be able to then add in the second stick

Comment

Working...
                            X