EP45-UD3LR BIOS help overclock error message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EP45-UD3LR BIOS help overclock error message

Hi its me again, I just need some clarification on some BIOS setting for a quad core CPU. I have most settings set due to past posts and info I have learnt on this forum(misspelling on purpose) :) But I keep getting the overclocking notice when entering the BIOS most times but not all time. I am not overclocking, but I am still getting the message thats strange.
    The one setting that worries me is in advanced clock control section. The setting that are default are 700 700 and 0 0 ?
    I thought that they were suposed to be 800 900 0 and 0 like in this post over here. http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ga-e...-issues-32982/
    I believe I tried to change the values once and I go the beeping sounds that prevented boot up and just kept restarting over and over again. I had to reset the BIOS and then the values were back at 700 700 0 and 0.??
    What is happening here anyone able to help me???
    I am working on printing the BIOS paper to edit in later
    Thanks all

My Summary for the Audience

Initial Problem and explaination : post 1
    Various Questions from the Crew and realization that this is not OCing memory. -sec 1, posts 2-10

Debated about which Memory to puchase with the crew. Linked to other post about corrupt registry.
    sec 2, - Posts: 11-20

Various BIOS settings questions and BIOS version questions Antivirus compatibility issues and questions answered - sec 3, posts: 21-30

Various unrelated questions asked and answered then recieved the recomended BIOS settings from L the man. BIOS update to F7 and the problems that followed afterward. -sec 4, posts: 31-40

Reading the Overclock guide and recording the baseline, creating a FAT-16,32 partition. Increased the V-core to 1.26 and continued testing, tried increasing MCH volts. Reposting BIOS settings for the crew. -sec 5, Posts: 41-50

Commenting on the WD hard drive(recertified) and the change in Intel AHCI BIOS version from 1.07 to 1.20. The update to a higher INTEL BIOS causing problems is indicated here. Eventually directed to perform memory tests with memtest64+ -sec 6, Posts 51-60.

Testing with memtest64. Forced to add a fan near the 8800 GTS graphics card to remove extra heat for the system and cool the south bridge. Memtest and prime95 testing for stability meets with success. investigating BSOD's and various devices IDE CD/DVD ROM, Rivatuner problems uninstalled various applications. Eventually reinstalled on a better hard drive from Seagate. Testing continues with success. -sec 7, Posts 51-70
    Last edited by MadMax2911; 11-21-2009, 08:02 AM. Reason: edit in index and update
    BUILD #2 GA-EP45-DS3R [Rev1.0] BIOS Flashed F11e, CPU=INTEL Core2 Quad Q8200 Yorkfield-4M LGA 775 with Mugen2 cooler RAM= Mushkin 996599 link 2 x 2GB, Hard drive=WD 6400AAKS, DVD=HP dvd1160i OS=Win 7 SP1 64 bit Video=BFG 8800GTS OC edition CASE=Thermaltake Tsunami Dream P.S.=Antec TP3-650

Build #3 GA-EP45-UD3LR__rev 1.0__ BIOS F11, CPU Core2 Duo E8400 3.157GHz WMugen2 Cooler, Power Supply: Antec EA-500D 500 W, RAM: Corsair 2 GB Hard Drive: WD 160 GB OS: Win XP SP3 Video: MSI GTS450 2GB

Re: EP45-UD3LR BIOS help overclock error message

Did you initially load OPTIMIZED bios settings before you changed any bios settings?
    The suggestions in this post should help you get started in the right direction.
    If you're still having problems, be sure to post your bios settings.
    Be sure to include a link to your memory's specs.

Whenever you reset/clear the CMOS, you MUST reload OPTIMIZED settings, save settings and exit, and then re-enter the bios to make your bios changes.
    Whenever I've had to clear the CMOS, I always load OPTIMIZED settings before I load one of my saved bios profiles.
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

Originally posted by profJim View Post
      Did you initially load OPTIMIZED bios settings before you changed any bios settings?
      The suggestions in this post should help you get started in the right direction.
      If you're still having problems, be sure to post your bios settings.
      Be sure to include a link to your memory's specs.

Whenever you reset/clear the CMOS, you MUST reload OPTIMIZED settings, save settings and exit, and then re-enter the bios to make your bios changes.
      Whenever I've had to clear the CMOS, I always load OPTIMIZED settings before I load one of my saved bios profiles.
      Question 1 answer is I may have not loaded optimized settings all the time and may have just changed the settings or loaded from the saved BIOS area. I had thought that I would load optimized after a flash only. But I guess I am wrong there too. Thanks for the info too.

MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.)
      Robust Graphics Booster ...............: Fast
      CPU Clock Ratio ..........................: 7x
      Fine CPU Clock Ratio.....................:.N/A0
      CPU Frequency ...........................:N/A

Clock Chip Control
      Standard Clock Control
      CPU Host Clock Control..................: [Enabled] enabled
      CPU Host Frequency (Mhz) ............:...333MHz
      PCI Express Frequency (Mhz) .........:Set to 100... 100

C.I.A.2 .................................:[Disabled]..disabled

Advanced Clock Control [Press Enter]
      CPU Clock Drive...........................: <<< 800.. 800
      PCI Express Clock Drive.................: <<< 900.. 800
      CPU Clock Skew (ps)....................: <<< 0
      MCH Clock Skew (ps)...................: <<< 0

DRAM Performance Control
      Performance Enhance...................: [STANDARD]..standard
      Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.).....: Disabled.. N/A
      (G)MCH Frequency Latch...............: [Auto].. auto
      System Memory Multiplier ..............: ..auto
      Memory Frequency (Mhz) ..............: ..800
      DRAM Timing Selectable ................: [Manual]manual.

Standard Timing Control
      CAS Latency Time........................5
      tRCD .........................................5
      tRP'...........................................5
      tRAS..........................................15

Set all Suggested below to highest Values first. Then later you can lower, one at a time, testing as you go

Advanced Timing Control
      tRRD...........................................3
      tWTR..........................................3
      tWR............................................6
      tRFC...........................................52
      tRTP...........................................3
      Command Rate (CMD) ....................:1?? or 2 for normal speeds?

Driving Strength Profiles
      Driving Strength ...........................auot or set to 800 MHz?

Channel A
      Static tRead Value.........................:7 auto now but could set to 6?
      MCH
      tRD Phase0 Adjustment...................:Auto <<<Left at auto far all below
      tRD Phase1 Adjustment...................:Auto
      tRD Phase2 Adjustment .................:Auto
      tRD Phase3 Adjustment..................:Auto
      Trd2rd(Different Rank)....................:Auto
      Twr2wr(Different Rank)...................:Auto
      Twr2rd(Different Rank)...................:Auto
      Trd2wr(Same/Diff Rank)..................:Auto
      Dimm1 Clock Skew Control...............:Auto ps
      Dimm2 Clock Skew Control...............:Auto ps

Channel B
      Static tRead Value.........................:7auto

tRD Phase0 Adjustment...................:Auto <<< Leave for all below as well
      tRD Phase1 Adjustment...................:Auto
      tRD Phase2 Adjustment .................:Auto
      tRD Phase3 Adjustment..................:Auto
      Trd2rd(Different Rank)....................:Auto
      Twr2wr(Different Rank)...................:Auto
      Twr2rd(Different Rank)...................:Auto
      Trd2wr(Same/Diff Rank)..................:Auto
      Dimm1 Clock Skew Control...............:Auto ps
      Dimm2 Clock Skew Control...............:Auto ps

Motherboard Voltage Controlmanual
      CPU1.25v1.20v1.55v.805vNot Aplicable<<< .67% Of Vtt (Termination above) Auto Will set this correctly

MCH/ICH1.10v0.76vN/A1.55v1.1v<<< Leave

DRAM1.8vN/A
      Channel A Reference 0.900V............: <<< LeaveN/A
      Channel B Reference 0.900V............: <<< LeaveN/A

Advanced Settings
      Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled]disabled
      No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Enabled]enabled
      CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [Disabled]enabled
      C2/C2E State Support....................: [Disabled]enabled
      x C4/C4E State Support..................: [Disabled]enabled
      CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [Enabled]enabled
      CPU EIST Function.........................: [Disabled]enabled
      Virtualization Technology................: [Disabled] disabled Enabled if you use Vmware/Virtual PC

Integrated Peripherals
      Legacy USB Storage Detect ..............[Disabled] disabled

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$****************$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
      I am editing this morning so all values may not appear correct
      $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$*****************$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
      Thanks for all help
      Last edited by MadMax2911; 08-30-2009, 10:23 AM. Reason: add info
      BUILD #2 GA-EP45-DS3R [Rev1.0] BIOS Flashed F11e, CPU=INTEL Core2 Quad Q8200 Yorkfield-4M LGA 775 with Mugen2 cooler RAM= Mushkin 996599 link 2 x 2GB, Hard drive=WD 6400AAKS, DVD=HP dvd1160i OS=Win 7 SP1 64 bit Video=BFG 8800GTS OC edition CASE=Thermaltake Tsunami Dream P.S.=Antec TP3-650

Build #3 GA-EP45-UD3LR__rev 1.0__ BIOS F11, CPU Core2 Duo E8400 3.157GHz WMugen2 Cooler, Power Supply: Antec EA-500D 500 W, RAM: Corsair 2 GB Hard Drive: WD 160 GB OS: Win XP SP3 Video: MSI GTS450 2GB

Comment

Please start all over, and load and apply optimized defaults and go from there. Do not use any of your older BIOS Profiles. I suggest you go in and "blank" their names out as to erase them so you don't try to use them anymore

You are not using optimized now, so I suggest you load that then let us know how you get along and or if you need further help.

Of course, set your ram voltage manually after doing that

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
          Please start all over, and load and apply optimized defaults and go from there. Do not use any of your older BIOS Profiles. I suggest you go in and "blank" their names out as to erase them so you don't try to use them anymore

You are not using optimized now, so I suggest you load that then let us know how you get along and or if you need further help.

Of course, set your ram voltage manually after doing that
          About the BIOS I tried loading the optimized defaults and that got me the settings I needed for the advanced clock control which I think may have contributed to the problem. I also reflashed the BIOS with the BIOS from gigabyte just to be sure and that erased all the saved settings anyway.
          Yes I did load optimized defaults as soon as I flashed and also when Prof Jim told me to . Optimized defaults did help thank you.
          Yes set RAM voltage to 1.8 as well as all other voltages to non auto settings as they tend to overvolt as I have heard.
          will get the link to RAM as fast as I can but i think I have been here before in my 8i945 mobo post with same ram here is a link to make it easy http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/8i94...e-eek-_-31652/

here is the best link I can find for the memory that may not be listed anymore ??

This may be the better link as its not overclocking memory

EDIT the ram model number is T800UA1GC5 and below it says this STT DDR2-800 1G/128x8 CL5 PC6400 Blue heatspreader value (RAM) USM090218002 RoHS I will test the RAM if that is what is needed.

Thanks L you the man
          Last edited by MadMax2911; 08-31-2009, 09:04 AM. Reason: more info

Comment

So you still have this problematic ram? Why?

I need an exact link or model #. Can you give me the model # off the sticker and also post a CPU-z screenshot of the SPD Tab

Non Auto? What do you mean by that? Most all settings can be left in Auto if you are not overclocking then, if you set them to what you see on the left in the BIOS or Normal then this may add to your issues. Please use Auto for all settings you are not sure about or have not been advised about

Once we can find your ram info I can advise you some full settings that should give you no issues at stock.... If this ram is not faulty or incompatible

Comment

I need an exact link or model #. Can you give me the model # off the sticker and also post a CPU-z screenshot of the SPD Tab

Non Auto? What do you mean by that? Most all settings can be left in Auto if you are not overclocking then, if you set them to what you see on the left in the BIOS or Normal then this may add to your issues. Please use Auto for all settings you are not sure about or have not been advised about

Once we can find your ram info I can advise you some full settings that should give you no issues at stock.... If this ram is not faulty or incompatible
              Hi thanks for your reply I am looking for the data sheets that I got from the Supertalent Rep and will run memtest soon. RAM infor was edited in to the post above. more later sorry man
              Max out

Comment

Please start all over, and load and apply optimized defaults and go from there. Do not use any of your older BIOS Profiles.
                I changed the Values in the BIOS to Optimized Defaults and will list the values when I get a chance,Done. Check No old BIOS profiles will be used. Check Running optimized and testing with whatever tests I have installed.
                Answer, the problem in the past was that my other 8I945P mobo had a slower memory speed than the memory I purchased. I believe that I solved that problem with various settings to limit the ram speed to 667 Mhz. I need to remove one stick and will test with memtest very soon. I would have done it last night but I fell asleep LOL. .
                Done--->>>>> model number is T800UA1GC5 and below it says this STT DDR2-800 1G/128x8 CL5 PC6400 Blue heatspreader value (RAM) USM090218002 RoHS.
                Here is the Ram information that you requested in attachment. Sorry I can not attach the file as its already attached to the other post. I was denied the upload. here is the link http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/8i94...e-eek-_-31652/ its down near the middle of the first page.
                Check and understood volts on auto except for RAM at 1.8v
                Check and understood. As stated will test RAM ASAP. It should run at least at 800 MHz for stock settings as far as memory speed is concerned.

MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.)
                Robust Graphics Booster ...............: Auto CPU Clock Ratio ..........................:7x
                Fine CPU Clock Ratio.....................:.0 CPU Frequency ...........................:
                Clock Chip Control Standard Clock Control
                CPU Host Clock Control..................: [Disabled] CPU Host Frequency (Mhz) ............:333 Mhz
                PCI Express Frequency (Mhz) .........:100 C.I.A.2................................:[Disabled]
                Advanced Clock Control [Press Enter] CPU Clock Drive...........................:800 <<<
                PCI Express Clock Drive.................:800 <<< CPU Clock Skew (ps)....................:0 <<<
                MCH Clock Skew (ps)...................:0 <<<
                DRAM Performance Control
                Performance Enhance...................: STANDARD (G)MCH Frequency Latch...............: Auto
                System Memory Multiplier ..............:Auto Memory Frequency (Mhz) ..............:800MHz
                DRAM Timing Selectable ................:AUTO
                Standard Timing Control
                CAS Latency Time.......................auto tRCD .........................................auto
                tRP'.........................................auto. . tRAS.......................................... auto
                Set all Suggested below to highest Values first. Then later you can lower, one at a time, testing as you go
                Advanced Timing Control
                tRRD...........................................3 auto tWTR..........................................3 auto
                tWR.........................................6auto tRFC.........................................52aut o
                tRTP.........................................3auto Command Rate (CMD) ....................:0 auto
                Driving Strength Profiles
                Driving Strength ............................ auto Channel A Static tRead Value.........................:auto
                tRD Phase0 Adjustment...................:Auto <<< Leave for all below as well
                tRD Phase1 Adjustment...................:Auto tRD Phase2 Adjustment .................:Auto
                tRD Phase3 Adjustment..................:Auto Trd2rd(Different Rank)....................:Auto
                Twr2wr(Different Rank)...................:Auto Twr2rd(Different Rank)...................:Auto
                Trd2wr(Same/Diff Rank)..................:Auto Dimm1 Clock Skew Control...............:Auto
                ps Dimm2 Clock Skew Control...............:Auto ps Channel B Static tRead Value.........................:auto
                MCH tRD Phase0 Adjustment...................:Auto <<< Leave for all below as well
                tRD Phase1 Adjustment...................:Auto tRD Phase2 Adjustment .................:Auto
                tRD Phase3 Adjustment..................:Auto Trd2rd(Different Rank)....................:Auto
                Twr2wr(Different Rank)...................:Auto Twr2rd(Different Rank)...................:Auto
                Trd2wr(Same/Diff Rank)..................:Auto Dimm1 Clock Skew Control...............:Auto
                ps Dimm2 Clock Skew Control...............:Auto ps
                Motherboard Voltage Control
                CPU CPU Vcore….……….........................:Auto if not overclocking, if you are overclocking please
                do find and set your own voltages CPU Termination…..... auto.......: << If overclocking Please set to stock,
                Auto overvolts this way to much. Optimal range for overclock would be 1.2-1.5 depending on Vcore, try
                to keep at least .1 under vcore. Auto is fine if not overclocking CPU PLL…………………....auto.......:
                << If overclocking Please set to stock, Auto overvolts this way to much. Optimal range for overclock
                would be 1.5-1.65. Auto is fine if not overclocking CPU Referen.…………....auto*.......: <<< .64% Of Vtt (Termination above)
                Auto Will set this correctly CPU Reference2………,,auto*.......:<<< .67% Of Vtt (Termination above) Auto Will set this correctly
                MCH/ICH MCH Core…………….....auto...........: << MCH Reference….…….auto...........; <<< Leave
                MCH/DRAM Ref.…......auto...........: <<< Leave ICH I/O……………….....auto............: <<< Leave
                ICH Core…………...……auto............: <<< Leave DRAM DRAM Voltage ……....auto...........:
                DRAM Termination .…auto............: <<< Leave Channel A Reference auto............: <<< Leave
                Channel B Reference auto............: <<< Leave
                Advanced Settings
                Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: Disabled No-Execute Memory Protect............: Enabled
                CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: Enabled C2/C2E State Support....................: Enabled
                x C4/C4E State Support..................: Enabled CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [Enabled]
                CPU EIST Function.........................: [Disabled] Virtualization Technology................: [Disabled]
                Init first Display ..................:PEG
                Integrated Peripherals
                Legacy USB Storage Detect ..............[Disabled] *Note* Must be enabled to flash from USB
                Just finished the second BIOS template whew these are really complicated man. I am going to add
                a few other settings that I have changed along the road.
                Integrated peripherals

onboard SATA controller(?) .....AHCI mode SATA Port 0-3 native mode .........Enabled
                Onboard Serial Port1 .............Disabled Onboard Parallel Port .................Disabled
                Green LAN ........................Enabled
                Power mgmt Setup
                ACPI Suspend Type ...........S3(STR) USB Device Wakeup from S3 ..........Enabled
                PnP/PCI Configuration
                Resources controlled by .........Manual
                IRQ Resources Press enter
                All IRQ'a assigned to PCI devices except IRQ-10 and IRQ-14 which are reserved at this point

thanks
                More later Max
                Attached Files
                Last edited by MadMax2911; 09-01-2009, 11:52 PM. Reason: more information

Comment

Cpuz displays the default memory specs programmed by the manufacturer.
                  The pdf file you provided states that this memory is spec'd at 2.1 volts.
                  SuperTalent T800UA12C5 memory specs, shows the older compatible motherboards, but each module is 512MB.
                  SuperTalent DDR2 memory specs, doesn't list your T800UA1GC5 memory.
                  I'm still not sure which memory you have.

You'll do much better if you sell this memory and use some real performance memory that runs at 4-4-4-12 timings at 800MHz. Unfortunately, several memory manufacturers market their low-end memory as high performance gaming memory and they include fancy looking heat-spreaders. I suggest checking out Crucial, Gskill, Mushkin, and Corsair memory offerings. You should be able to buy a 2x2GB memory kit for $45 - $60, with free shipping.

I too am limited by the 7x cpu multiplier.
                  My C2D system is stable running at 3.444GHz with FSB = 492MHz and 984MHz memory speeds using Mushkin (996599) XP2-8500 (2x2GB).
                  Most quality, high performance 800MHz memory will run at these speeds or higher.
                  E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
                  Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
                  Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
                  HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers

Comment

Hi Prof Jim I have found out that while this memory has the heat spreaders and looks like overclocking memory the super talent rep that I talked to said that it is not overclocking memory.
                    EDIT
                    ********************Testing with Memtest***************
                    Stick 1 passed 6 hours of testing with above settings (BIOS)9-3-09 zero errors
                    Stick 2 passed 7 hours of testing with above settings 9-5-09 zero errors.
                    Hooray No errors Memory seems OK.

I need to do my homework first, before my purchases so I can get a link or some hard info on the product.
                    Thanks for your reply I am running late see ya.
                    Last edited by MadMax2911; 09-05-2009, 04:46 PM. Reason: add info

Comment

Now that I passed the Memtest (tests) I can at least feel OK about this RAM. The general opinion that I am getting is that I should look at better RAM If I want to overclock or see the true performance of this board. I had looked at various memory online but am still researching this purchase. I will post edits to this search for all to see. Here is a pair that Lsdmeasap looked at in Feburary of this year >> HP2-6400 DDR2 - Mushkin Enhanced
                      With the corresponding review >> http://forums.tweaktown.com/f58/mush...-review-30282/
                      Blue is one of my favorite colors LOL and the price is 80.33 plus S&H. Not a bargain basement price and not a cheap memory I'll bet.
                      From the Crucial camp this selection is a 4Gig kit for 80.00 US plus S&H --> 4GB kit (2GBx2), Ballistix 240-pin DIMM, DDR2 PC2-6400 upgrades for Giga-Byte GA-EP45-UD3LR (rev. 1.0) Motherboard, CT920608 from Crucial.com
                      Thats for 4 Gigs, but my system will only see 3.5Gigs Win 32 bit OS (XP home). Sigh! ; after I buy this I may think I need Windows Vista 64bit Operating system to see full 4Gigs or go higher to more memory (8Gigs?) I wonder if a 1 times 2Gig kit will do as I will see all the memory and possibly have fewer errors. Here is a review of Corsairs performance against other memory, interesting reading http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.c...id=1960&page=1
                      Here is a deal on 2 Gigs for 45.00 US what you think it will get me started?? http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...yCjCVqHCjCdwwp another at PC connection too http://www.pcconnection.com/IPA/Shop...=24-50536662-2
                      I suppose I should not even suggest the Value select memory in this forum as its seems Overclocking is the order of the day here right?? So this memory would be frowned upon http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...yCjCVqHCjCdwwp
                      Can anyone post some help for me??
                      I will be here all day, LOL.
                      Last edited by MadMax2911; 09-05-2009, 07:00 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

Value ram should be avoided!!
                        My 32-bit o/s has 3,407,340 KB [3.33GB] of available ram with minimal swap file usage (less than 150MB).
                        With 4GB of ram, overall system performance is better than using 2x1GB of ram.

The best high performance PC2-6400 (800MHz) ram will use 4-4-4-12 primary memory timings.
                        The best high performance PC2-8500 (1066MHz) ram will use 5-5-5-15 primary memory timings.
                        The price difference between the memory kits will be about $5 per kit.
                        6400 vs 8500 performance? Both will be virtually the same. I prefer 8500 memory.

This link shows 2x2GB DDR2 8500 memory kits, sorted by the "Best Rating" criteria.
                        Clicking on the "Power Search" button will let you change the search parameters, such as 2x1GB, memory speeds, or any combination of kit sizes, memory speeds, etc. Reading some of the customer reviews can help you decide which memory will be best.

I suggest focusing on Mushkin, Gskill, and Crucial memory.

Comment

Wow and the prices are good too thanks man

Comment

Originally posted by MadMax2911 View Post
                            Now that I passed the Memtest (tests) I can at least feel OK about this RAM. The general opinion that I am getting is that I should look at better RAM If I want to overclock or see the true performance of this board. I had looked at various memory online but am still researching this purchase. I will post edits to this search for all to see. Here is a pair that Lsdmeasap looked at in Feburary of this year >> HP2-6400 DDR2 - Mushkin Enhanced
                            With the corresponding review >> http://forums.tweaktown.com/f58/mush...-review-30282/
                            Blue is one of my favorite colors LOL and the price is 80.33 plus S&H. Not a bargain basement price and not a cheap memory I'll bet.
                            From the Crucial camp this selection is a 4Gig kit for 80.00 US plus S&H --> 4GB kit (2GBx2), Ballistix 240-pin DIMM, DDR2 PC2-6400 upgrades for Giga-Byte GA-EP45-UD3LR (rev. 1.0) Motherboard, CT920608 from Crucial.com
                            Thats for 4 Gigs, but my system will only see 3.5Gigs Win 32 bit OS (XP home). Sigh! ; after I buy this I may think I need Windows Vista 64bit Operating system to see full 4Gigs or go higher to more memory (8Gigs?) I wonder if a 1 times 2Gig kit will do as I will see all the memory and possibly have fewer errors. Here is a review of Corsairs performance against other memory, interesting reading Corsair Twin2X2048-6400C4 Memory Review - PCSTATS.com
                            Here is a deal on 2 Gigs for 45.00 US what you think it will get me started?? Corsair Dual Channel TWINX 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz E.P.P. Memory (2 x 1024) at TigerDirect.com another at PC connection too PC Connection - 2GB PC2-6400 800MHz 240-pin Non-ECC Unbuffered CL4 DDR2 SDRAM DIMM Kit
                            I suppose I should not even suggest the Value select memory in this forum as its seems Overclocking is the order of the day here right?? So this memory would be frowned upon Corsair 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz Dual Channel Memory Upgrade at TigerDirect.com
                            Can anyone post some help for me??
                            I will be here all day, LOL.
                            The kit I reviewed that you mention is only $65 here now
                            Newegg.com - mushkin 4GB &#40;2 x 2GB&#41; 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 &#40;PC2 6400&#41; Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model 996587 - Desktop Memory

BUT....

These are MUCH better than the above mentioned kit, cost less, and have a rebate. These were the main kit I used during my DDR2 days
                            Newegg.com - mushkin 4GB &#40;2 x 2GB&#41; 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 &#40;PC2 6400&#41; Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model 996580 - Desktop Memory

Also, only $57 for the Crucial kit I reviewed
                            Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix 4GB &#40;2 x 2GB&#41; 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 &#40;PC2 6400&#41; Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model BL2KIT25664AA80A - Desktop Memory

While 4GB will not be fully utilized in 32bit OS, you will have 4GB already for when you decide to go x64, which is suggested if you update to windows 7.

Don't be scared of x64 it is just fine to use

Comment

Just one more question, if I am going to put out close to 80.00 for better memory that can go faster then why not get the PC2 8500 memory from mushkin. This seems like the better choice as its rated faster then what I have now. The extra outlay of cash should equal some sort of advantage over 800 MHz memory. Here is the link for the 1066 PC8400 memory at 61.50 US plus S&H Newegg.com - mushkin 4GB &#40;2 x 2GB&#41; 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 &#40;PC2 8500&#41; Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model 996599 - Desktop Memory
                              And the other 800 PC 6400 memory for 57.99 Newegg.com - mushkin 4GB &#40;2 x 2GB&#41; 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 &#40;PC2 6400&#41; Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model 996580 - Desktop Memory
                              thats a difference of less than 5.00 when you figure the rebates of course.
                              Thanks for your time and assistance.

Comment

Working...
                              X