Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EP45-UD3LR BIOS help overclock error message

Originally posted by MadMax2911 View Post
    Just one more question, if I am going to put out close to 80.00 for better memory that can go faster then why not get the PC2 8500 memory from mushkin. This seems like the better choice as its rated faster then what I have now. The extra outlay of cash should equal some sort of advantage over 800 MHz memory. Here is the link for the 1066 PC8400 memory at 61.50 US plus S&H Newegg.com - mushkin 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model 996599 - Desktop Memory
    And the other 800 PC 6400 memory for 57.99 Newegg.com - mushkin 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model 996580 - Desktop Memory
    thats a difference of less than 5.00 when you figure the rebates of course.
    Thanks for your time and assistance.
    I was looking at the same set of 1066 ram seeing one post was able to get upto 1152. My gskill I cant get past 1080. i cant boot with it higher but no were near stable.
    Main Rig
    Gigabyte z87x-OC
    Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
    G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
    Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
    Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
    HiS ATI HD 6950
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
    Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
    Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
    Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
    Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
    EK Supremacy Cpu Block
    Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
    Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Comment

Keep in mind that with DDR2 memory, pc2-6400 and pc2-8500 memory (and higher) use 800MHz chips. The memory specs at each level are guaranteed minimum speeds. Some high performance 6400 memory kits can run at nearly 1200MHz speeds.

The way I see it, 8500 memory uses better binned chips that will usually overclock somewhat higher than 6400 kits. For most setups this isn't a big deal, as the optimal memory performance often occurs in the 900 - 1000MHz range.

Unfortunately Newegg isn't offering free shipping and handling with most of the Mushkin kits right now. Free S&H might be offered tomorrow or next week, but the prices might also go higher or lower at any time. It's enough to drive us crazy!

1102MHz is the highest stable memory speed I've been able to use (p/n 996599), but this is probably due to my older C2D cpu.

Either kit will offer excellent performance.
      Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
      P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
      4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
      MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
      Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
      WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
      Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
      SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
      Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
      Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
      Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
      MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
      Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
      win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
      HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
      CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
      E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
      Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
      Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
      HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
      win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

Originally posted by MadMax2911 View Post
        Just one more question, if I am going to put out close to 80.00 for better memory that can go faster then why not get the PC2 8500 memory from mushkin. This seems like the better choice as its rated faster then what I have now. The extra outlay of cash should equal some sort of advantage over 800 MHz memory. Here is the link for the 1066 PC8400 memory at 61.50 US plus S&H Newegg.com - mushkin 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model 996599 - Desktop Memory
        And the other 800 PC 6400 memory for 57.99 Newegg.com - mushkin 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model 996580 - Desktop Memory
        thats a difference of less than 5.00 when you figure the rebates of course.
        Thanks for your time and assistance.
        If you want you can yourself some cash and get the 996580's. They will do 1066 at the same timings and voltages as the other more expensive kit. I have ran mine at 1200+, and they will do 443-10 at 800Mhz, of course your results may vary though.

Of course the 1066 set may go further than the 800Mhz kit, I have not used the 1066 set myself So I couldn't say for sure either way which is better.

All up to you, either kit is a great choice!

Comment

If you want you can yourself some cash and get the
          996580's. They will do 1066 at the same timings and voltages as the other more expensive kit. I have ran mine at 1200+, and they will do 443-10 at 800Mhz, of course your results may vary though.
          Hi L I decided to get the PC28500 from Mushkin due to the good reviews on Newegg and some other product reviews, including yours, that said Mushkin is a solid performer. I used the three day delivery which puts arrival time by maybe monday. I had heard that the Rebate system is slow (typically arround three months or under-probably depending upon the CS Reps mood)
          Thanks Professor Jim your assistance is greatly apreciated and has aided me greatly.
          Thanks Acebmxer for your input as well.
          Here is an update of what I have had to deal with the past week in addition to my regular duties. I posted this on MSFN hoping to get a response. It has been over a four days since my post went up and nary a response but many views
          Here is the link Registry Database is corrupt*Can I recover this? - MSFN Forums anyway the link as promised. Time to reinstall as I do not have a SP3 repair disk and no Image backups. I think some how I had Command rate set to 0 with all others at the standard values to the left. Or some other bug in the works screwed me up. anyway my registry is not the same at all. I think its hosed.

Max out
          BUILD #2 GA-EP45-DS3R [Rev1.0] BIOS Flashed F11e, CPU=INTEL Core2 Quad Q8200 Yorkfield-4M LGA 775 with Mugen2 cooler RAM= Mushkin 996599 link 2 x 2GB, Hard drive=WD 6400AAKS, DVD=HP dvd1160i OS=Win 7 SP1 64 bit Video=BFG 8800GTS OC edition CASE=Thermaltake Tsunami Dream P.S.=Antec TP3-650

Build #3 GA-EP45-UD3LR__rev 1.0__ BIOS F11, CPU Core2 Duo E8400 3.157GHz WMugen2 Cooler, Power Supply: Antec EA-500D 500 W, RAM: Corsair 2 GB Hard Drive: WD 160 GB OS: Win XP SP3 Video: MSI GTS450 2GB

Comment

Nice choice, you can't go wrong with any Mushkin's really!

Yes, sadly their rebates are VERY Slow 12 weeks or so most of the time, but it WILL Come

About your link above, you do not need a SP3 disk to run a repair install, if that is what you want to do. You could easily make one though, if you want to know how to do that let me know....

Anyway, just stick in a SP2 install disk and do a repair install, this does not mean press R-repair when first asked. You will pass that, and get to where it tells you windows is already installed and asks if you want to install again or a different partition. This screen is where you will choose R for repair.

Then after the repair install you will ONLY have to install updates past SP2, which you can from right then simply install SP3 and any remaining updates after that. Nothing else will be removed from your system except windows updates and any corrupt windows files, your documents, pics, ect will all remain untouched.

If you would like an in depth guide on how to perform a repair install with images let me know and I can show you.

After reading your post at MSFN again I am concerned about one of your comments. Did you ever load optimized defaults instead of fail safe? I ask because you mentioned you changed PCIE Drive voltage to 900, which you should not have to change at all unless you are using Fail Safe which would be 700/700 on those two settings CPU/PCIE Drive. If you are using Fail Safe and never loaded optimized I highly suggest you do that NOW, please see here for tips on doing so just in case >>

Comment

I too am bothered by part of your MSFN post, where you said that you manually changed some bios values to the same values that are set when you load Optimized bios settings.
              This is NOT THE SAME as actually loading optimized bios settings from the main bios screen.
              The proper procedure is:
              1) load optimized bios settings from the main bios screen
              2) save settings and exit --> reboot
              3) re-enter your bios and now make any necessary bios changes
              4) save settings and exit

Let us know how you make out when all the dust has settled.

Your new Mushkin (996599) memory only needs 2.00 or 2.02 volts for optimal running.
              It's not necessary to add "I'm using the same memory as profJim" to your forum signature.
              Good luck, glad to have helped out.

Please use this "clean" bios template to post your settings:
              Code:
              Motherboard: Model:  Rev#:  Bios Version:
              Cpu: Model
              Ram: Brand, Model/Part#, Link to your ram's specs
              Power Supply Unit: Brand, Model#, Wattage

note: [B]replace all [COLOR=Red]??[/COLOR] with the value displayed in your bios[/B].
              ----> [COLOR=Red][B]Replace "Auto" with manually set values[/B][/COLOR].

MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.)
              Robust Graphics Booster -------------- : [Auto] 
              CPU Clock Ratio ---------------------- : [[COLOR=Red]??[/COLOR]]
              Fine CPU Clock Ratio ----------------- : [0.0] <-- ignore if not available
              CPU Frequency ---------------------: [COLOR=Red]####[/COLOR] <-- this is set by your bios

Clock Chip Control
              Standard Clock Control
              CPU Host Clock Control --------------- : [Enabled]
              CPU Host Frequency (Mhz) --------------: [[COLOR=Red]???[/COLOR]]
              PCI Express Frequency (Mhz) ---------- : [Auto] <--- Set to 100, never leave this on Auto

C.I.A.2 ------------------------------ : [Disabled]

Advanced Clock Control ------- [Press Enter]
              CPU Clock Drive ---------------------- : [[COLOR=Red]???[/COLOR]]
              PCI Express Clock Drive -------------- : [[COLOR=Red]???[/COLOR]]
              CPU Clock Skew (ps) ------------------ : [[COLOR=Red]???[/COLOR]]
              MCH Clock Skew (ps) ------------------ : [[COLOR=Red]???[/COLOR]]

DRAM Performance Control
              Performance Enhance ------------------- : [Turbo] <--- set to STANDARD when overclocking
              Extreme Memory Profile --- (X.M.P.) --- : [Disabled] <--- Leave this Disabled
              (G)MCH Frequency Latch ---------------- : [Auto]
              System Memory Multiplier -------------- : [Auto] <-- this is the setting that you are using
              Memory Frequency (Mhz) ---------------- : [Auto]
              DRAM Timing Selectable ---------------- : [Auto] <-- set to MANUAL for overclocking

Standard Timing Control
              CAS Latency Time -------- [COLOR=Red]??[/COLOR] ---------- : [Auto]
              tRCD  ------------------- [COLOR=Red]??[/COLOR] ---------- : [Auto]
              tRP --------------------- [COLOR=Red]??[/COLOR] ---------- : [Auto]
              tRAS  ------------------- [COLOR=Red]??[/COLOR] ---------- : [Auto]

Advanced Timing Control
              tRRD  ------------------- [COLOR=Red]??[/COLOR] ---------- : [Auto]
              tWTR  ------------------- [COLOR=Red]??[/COLOR] ---------- : [Auto]
              tWR --------------------- [COLOR=Red]??[/COLOR] ---------- : [Auto]
              tRFC  ------------------- [COLOR=Red]??[/COLOR] ---------- : [Auto]
              tRTP  ------------------- [COLOR=Red]??[/COLOR] ---------- : [Auto]
              Command Rate (CMD) -------------------- : [Auto] <--- Auto or 0 is OK

Driving Strength Profiles
              Driving Strength --------- : Press Enter <--- press ENTER to modify memory sub-timings when overclocking

Channel A
              Static tRead Value --------------------- : [Auto]
              tRD Phase0 Adjustment ------------------ : [Auto] <-- leave this and below set to AUTO
              tRD Phase1 Adjustment ------------------ : [Auto]
              tRD Phase2 Adjustment ------------------ : [Auto]
              tRD Phase3 Adjustment ------------------ : [Auto]
              Trd2rd(Different Rank) ----------------- : [Auto]
              Twr2wr(Different Rank) ----------------- : [Auto]
              Twr2rd(Different Rank) ----------------- : [Auto]
              Trd2wr(Same/Diff Rank) ----------------- : [Auto]
              Dimm1 Clock Skew Control --------------- : [Auto]  ps
              Dimm2 Clock Skew Control --------------- : [Auto]  ps

Channel B
              tRD Phase0 Adjustment ------------------ : [Auto] <-- leave this and below set to AUTO
              Dimm1 Clock Skew Control --------------- : [Auto]  ps
              Dimm2 Clock Skew Control --------------- : [Auto]  ps

Motherboard Voltage Control
              CPU
              [COLOR=Blue]Voltage Types------------ Normal -------- Current -----[/COLOR]
              Load-Line Calibration ----------------- : [Disabled]
              CPU Vcore --------------- [COLOR=Red]?.?????[/COLOR]  ---- : [Auto] 

CPU Termination --------- [COLOR=Red]?.???[/COLOR]V* ----- : [Auto] 
              CPU PLL ----------------- [COLOR=Red]?.???[/COLOR]V* ----- : [Auto] 

CPU Reference ----------- [COLOR=Red]?.???[/COLOR]V* ----- : [Auto] 
              CPU Reference2 ---------- [COLOR=Red]?.???[/COLOR]V* ----- : [Auto] 

MCH/ICH
              MCH Core ---------------- [COLOR=Red]?.???[/COLOR]V ------- : [Auto] 
              MCH Reference ----------- [COLOR=Red]?.???[/COLOR]V ------- : [Auto]
              MCH/DRAM Ref ------------ [COLOR=Red]?.???[/COLOR]V  ------ : [Auto]
              ICH I/O ----------------- [COLOR=Red]?.???[/COLOR]V ------- : [Auto] 
              ICH Core ---------------- [COLOR=Red]?.???[/COLOR]V ------- : [Auto] 
              DRAM
              DRAM Voltage ------------ [COLOR=Red]?.???[/COLOR]V ------- : [Auto] 
              DRAM Termination -------- [COLOR=Red]?.???[/COLOR]V ------- : [Auto]
              Channel A Reference ----- [COLOR=Red]?.???[/COLOR]V ------- : [Auto]
              Channel B Reference ----- [COLOR=Red]?.???[/COLOR]V ------- : [Auto]

[B][COLOR=DarkRed]The following settings are recommended while overclocking & testing.[/COLOR][/B]
              Advanced Settings
              Limit CPUID Max. to 3 ------------------ : [Disabled]
              No-Execute Memory Protect -------------- : [Enabled]
              CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E) ---------------- : [Disabled]
              C2/C2E State Support ------------------- : [Disabled]
              x C4/C4E State Support ----------------- : [Disabled]
              CPU Thermal Monitor 2 (TM2) ------------ : [Enabled]
              CPU EIST Function  --------------------- : [Disabled]
              Virtualization Technology -------------- : [Disabled] 

Integrated Peripherals
              Legacy USB Storage Detect  ------------- : [Disabled]
              Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
              P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
              4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
              MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
              Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
              WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
              Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
              SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
              Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
              Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
              Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
              MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
              Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
              win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
              HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
              CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
              E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
              Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
              Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
              HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
              win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

NOTE: About the extra beep it was the CPU fan failure warning setting in the BIOS that caused the extra beep. Sorry for misleading any about this issue. The large fan took too long to start up thus sending a error signal back to BIOS and causing extra beep upon startup.
                Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                Nice choice, you can't go wrong with any Mushkin's really!

Yes, sadly their rebates are VERY Slow 12 weeks or so most of the time, but it WILL Come

About your link above, you do not need a SP3 disk to run a repair install, if that is what you want to do. You could easily make one though, if you want to know how to do that let me know....

Anyway, just stick in a SP2 install disk and do a repair install, this does not mean press R-repair when first asked. You will pass that, and get to where it tells you windows is already installed and asks if you want to install again or a different partition. This screen is where you will choose R for repair.

Then after the repair install you will ONLY have to install updates past SP2, which you can from right then simply install SP3 and any remaining updates after that. Nothing else will be removed from your system except windows updates and any corrupt windows files, your documents, pics, ect will all remain untouched.

If you would like an in depth guide on how to perform a repair install with images let me know and I can show you.

After reading your post at MSFN again I am concerned about one of your comments. Did you ever load optimized defaults instead of fail safe? I ask because you mentioned you changed PCIE Drive voltage to 900, which you should not have to change at all unless you are using Fail Safe which would be 700/700 on those two settings CPU/PCIE Drive. If you are using Fail Safe and never loaded optimized I highly suggest you do that NOW, please see here for tips on doing so just in case >>
                http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/
                About the BIOS settings I did load optimised defaults at least two maybe three times after I was told but still had an extra beep upon startup(occasionally). I even Reflashed the BIOS prior to my install to the F5 version on gigabyte website ( your BIOS download requires an extra program to extract files I think so thats why I used Gigabytes BIOS) After flashing I loaded optimized defaults, saved the settings I think then restarted, and got back in bios to set ACHI and other important settings that I was advised about on previous occasions.
                The PCIE settings loaded were not the same as other boards even my EP45 DS3R (had different settings there). These settings were even lower before I was told to load optimised defaults in this thread I think 700 700 0 0 Since I had the beep ocurring I merely re-examined the settings in the BIOS after checking the codes from award bios info site. That PCIE drive setting was the only setting that did not make sense and after changing it the extra beep is gone(so far had 4-5 restarts)
                I compared to this post http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ga-e...-issues-32982/
                about the PCI express clock drive. See here its 800 and 900 0 0 for this board. On mine it was 800 800 0 0 I believe even after I loaded optimised defaults. I do not know why its that way. But since changing it I have had no beeps.
                Motherboard: Model: EP45 UD3LR Rev#:1.0 Bios Version:F5
                Cpu:Core 2 quad Model Q8200
                Ram: Brand Super talent Model/Part# Link to your ram's specs
                Power Supply Unit: Brand Antec Model# EA-500D Wattage 500 watts

note: replace all ?? with the value displayed in your bios.
                ----> Replace "Auto" with manually set values.

MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.)
                Robust Graphics Booster -------------- : [Auto]
                CPU Clock Ratio ---------------------- : [7x]
                Fine CPU Clock Ratio ----------------- : [0.0] <-- ignore if not available
                CPU Frequency ---------------------: #### <-- this is set by your bios

Clock Chip Control
                Standard Clock Control
                CPU Host Clock Control --------------- : [disabled]
                CPU Host Frequency (Mhz) --------------: [2.0GHz]
                PCI Express Frequency (Mhz) ---------- : [100] <--- Set to 100, never leave this on Auto

C.I.A.2 ------------------------------ : [Disabled]

Advanced Clock Control ------- [Press Enter]
                CPU Clock Drive ---------------------- : [800]
                PCI Express Clock Drive -------------- : [900]
                CPU Clock Skew (ps) ------------------ : [0]
                MCH Clock Skew (ps) ------------------ : [0]

DRAM Performance Control
                Performance Enhance ------------------- : [Standard] <--- set to STANDARD when overclocking
                Extreme Memory Profile --- (X.M.P.) --- : [N/A] <--- Leave this Disabled
                (G)MCH Frequency Latch ---------------- : [Auto]
                System Memory Multiplier -------------- : [Auto] <-- this is the setting that you are using
                Memory Frequency (Mhz) ---------------- : [Auto]
                DRAM Timing Selectable ---------------- : [manual] <-- set to MANUAL for overclocking

Standard Timing Control
                CAS Latency Time -------- ?? ---------- : [5]
                tRCD ------------------- ?? ---------- : [5]
                tRP --------------------- ?? ---------- : [5]
                tRAS ------------------- ?? ---------- : [15]

Advanced Timing Control
                tRRD ------------------- ?? ---------- : [Auto]
                tWTR ------------------- ?? ---------- : [Auto]
                tWR --------------------- ?? ---------- : [Auto]
                tRFC ------------------- ?? ---------- : [Auto]
                tRTP ------------------- ?? ---------- : [Auto]
                Command Rate (CMD) -------------------- : [Auto] <--- Auto or 0 is OK

Driving Strength Profiles
                Driving Strength --------- : Press Enter <--- press ENTER to modify memory sub-timings when overclocking

Channel A
                Dimm1 Clock Skew Control --------------- : [Auto] ps
                Dimm2 Clock Skew Control --------------- : [Auto] ps

Channel B
                Dimm1 Clock Skew Control --------------- : [Auto] ps
                Dimm2 Clock Skew Control --------------- : [Auto] ps

Motherboard Voltage Control
                CPU
                Voltage Types------------ Normal -------- Current -----
                Load-Line Calibration ----------------- : [Disabled]
                CPU Vcore --------------- ?.????? ---- : [Auto]

CPU Termination --------- ?.???V* ----- : [Auto]
                CPU PLL ----------------- ?.???V* ----- : [Auto]

CPU Reference ----------- ?.???V* ----- : [Auto]
                CPU Reference2 ---------- ?.???V* ----- : [Auto]

MCH/ICH
                MCH Core ---------------- ?.???V ------- : [Auto]
                MCH Reference ----------- ?.???V ------- : [Auto]
                MCH/DRAM Ref ------------ ?.???V ------ : [Auto]
                ICH I/O ----------------- ?.???V ------- : [Auto]
                ICH Core ---------------- ?.???V ------- : [Auto]
                DRAM
                DRAM Voltage ------------ ?.???V ------- : [1.8v]
                DRAM Termination -------- ?.???V ------- : [Auto]
                Channel A Reference ----- ?.???V ------- : [Auto]
                Channel B Reference ----- ?.???V ------- : [Auto]

The following settings are recommended while overclocking & testing.
                Advanced Settings
                Limit CPUID Max. to 3 ------------------ : [Disabled]
                No-Execute Memory Protect -------------- : [Enabled]
                CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E) ---------------- : [Enabled]
                C2/C2E State Support ------------------- : [Enabled]
                x C4/C4E State Support ----------------- : [Enabled]
                CPU Thermal Monitor 2 (TM2) ------------ : [Enabled]
                CPU EIST Function --------------------- : [Enabled]
                Virtualization Technology -------------- : [N/A]

Integrated Peripherals
                Legacy USB Storage Detect ------------- : [Disabled]
                I did burn a XP install disc with Nlite and added the option to check files I believe but its not fully updated past SP3 I also have like 3 install Disks with Win XP SP2 on them. I have the XP book so I can read that I guess. but I got to go to work now as I dont want to join the ranks of the unemployed.

Max out
                Last edited by MadMax2911; 11-20-2009, 09:32 PM. Reason: sp and update post
                BUILD #2 GA-EP45-DS3R [Rev1.0] BIOS Flashed F11e, CPU=INTEL Core2 Quad Q8200 Yorkfield-4M LGA 775 with Mugen2 cooler RAM= Mushkin 996599 link 2 x 2GB, Hard drive=WD 6400AAKS, DVD=HP dvd1160i OS=Win 7 SP1 64 bit Video=BFG 8800GTS OC edition CASE=Thermaltake Tsunami Dream P.S.=Antec TP3-650

Build #3 GA-EP45-UD3LR__rev 1.0__ BIOS F11, CPU Core2 Duo E8400 3.157GHz WMugen2 Cooler, Power Supply: Antec EA-500D 500 W, RAM: Corsair 2 GB Hard Drive: WD 160 GB OS: Win XP SP3 Video: MSI GTS450 2GB

Comment

What BIOS file do you need then? I can re-upload it for you in a Zip file or just by itself if you like. Was the one you mentioned in a Rar file or what? Just wondered why you said you needed an extra program to extract it

So do you have an issue with XP Service packs or what? Confused by your last comment is all

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                    What BIOS file do you need then? I can re-upload it for you in a Zip file or just by itself if you like. Was the one you mentioned in a Rar file or what? Just wondered why you said you needed an extra program to extract it

So do you have an issue with XP Service packs or what? Confused by your last comment is all
                    Re the BIO file I guess I was just in a hurry to get reflashed and installed.

I just used the BIOS file that I could use without having to DL the program to extract the other BIOS file. I did DL it and saw it was a .rar file. So is there a difference between the two F5 files? (they have the same number. The only reason I can think to reflash is if there is a beta version or modded file, like the one that speeds up the AHCI loading)
                    This problem is outlined in this post located here -> http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ahci...45-ds3r-30274/ I will check my BIOS version and compare to the "AHCI BIOS ver.1.20E"

No issues with SP's I have most of what I need there. I just do not know if the SP3 disk I created with Nlite will work to repair my damage. But I have not tried it yet. I basically created a xp home disk w SP3 slistreamed in to it but did not use the ryan integrator for the latest updates past SP3. I added the ability to check files to this build (AFAIK). But it was created at about 1 am in the morning LOL and I can not garantee that it will work.
                    Update: Symantec online scanner will not run and Panda active scan is running right now and says it found 6 problems sofar.
                    Update: I found that the problems were mainly cookies that track the user around the web, will delete with other scanner thats installed. Panda scan will not let me delete without buying their product. (fat chance of that happening LOL).
                    Regarding the repair option, yes I have instructions regarding this from my book entitled " MS Windows XP inside and out" by Ed Bott and Carl Siechert. Here is the advice "When all attempts to repair you system fail, (refering to other sections where other repairs are outlined) You may be able to repair your Windows XP installation using the windows setup program. As a last resort, you can reinstall Windows over an existing installation and hope that the new installation will enough of your old settings to allow you to retrieve your data files. ... Start from the windows CD as if you were going to do a clean install. Its easy to become confused during this process, because the word repair appears in two different places when you start your computer using the windows CD. At the welcome to setup screen, do not choose the option to repair your installation using the recovery console. Instead press Ente, which starts the Windows setup program. After you accept the license agreement, Windows searches your system for existing windows installations. ......screen that lists your current Windows installation, select it from the list and press R to start the repair process. I was told somewhere that only files in the my documents folder will be preserved. Here is the best part " In cases of severe disk damage or registry corruption, a repair installation will not be effective; the only alternative is to reformat the disk and install a clean copy of Windows. (MSWXPIO page 815-816) Think I will experiment with repairing just as a test for my own experience thanks for the info. :)
                    MadMax out
                    Last edited by MadMax2911; 09-12-2009, 11:38 AM. Reason: add info

Comment

Well F5 is F5, but sometimes they are reposted and changed even in final Fx form without a beta letter

Norton and Symantec I suggest against, but that is all up to you. If you have issues with your disk I suggest you use Nlite to slipstream

Or just do the repair install with SP2 disk, then install SP3 manually after the repair is finished

Comment

HI again L, I updated my last post with more information for all who need to know.
                        Well F5 is F5, but sometimes they are reposted and changed even in final Fx form without a beta letter
                        Well I will try the latest from your website (which is F7) as I have time this weekend, but only one machine operational so I will do that first. Hey its now in a program that I can extract easily. LOL thanks a lot.
                        If you have issues with your disk I suggest you use Nlite to slipstream Or just do the repair install with SP2 disk, then install SP3 manually after the repair is finished.
                        Yeah I think I will backup and then test my install disk that I created using the repair option. Sure is neat not to have to use the F6 option anymore for ACHI disks. I just remembered my OEM install disks are useless as I have AHCI enabled and Windows setup cannot see them without the required driver.
                        Note to others out there If you are using ACHI mode in the BIOS there may be a problem if you try to boot to your Original windows CD. Normal Windows XP CD's do not have the ability to see ACHI enabled hard drives. You must have your BIOS set to AHCI RAID disabled, and most likely plan not to use AHCI mode.

MadMax out :) :)
                        Last edited by MadMax2911; 09-12-2009, 06:48 PM. Reason: add info

Comment

Hi MadMax2911

After reading your post, i noticed you might have been concerened that malware could have caused some problems on your machine from visiting some sites.

For a few years now i have been researching and testing malware, and can advice you to use these 2 programs that you can run
                          when you think you might have a problem along those lines as these are very good against the current malware we see now.

Both of them dont have a resident part so they only run when you want
                          them too and will not interfere with your existing antivirus.
                          I won't give the links but you can google for them i'm sure , make sure you download them from there home sites. Both are free to use

Malwarebytes MBAM (free version)
                          Prevx (Time trial i think but very good cloud based)

Remeber too update them before a scan.

Regards Ickk
                          Gigabyte EX58-UD4P rev 1.0
                          Intel I7 920 C0/C1 step batch 3838B034
                          Cooling: Noctua NH-U12P SE1336
                          Corsair TX650 psu
                          Nvidia GTX 280
                          Mem G.Skill or OCZ
                          2x WD Caviar Black 500gb Raid 0
                          Case Thermaltake Armor VA8000BWS
                          Vista 64

Comment

Let us know how you get along with the testing when you have time, good luck!

I always suggest Eset products, but they do cost. I think AVG Free is pretty good these days, and I always suggest running Spybot Search and Destroy once a week as well. That is a great free spyware program, you can get it here >>
                            The home of Spybot-S&D!

Be sure of course, to update it after you install

Comment

Hi xxxx
                              After reading your post, i noticed you might have been concerened that malware could have caused some problems on your machine from visiting some sites.
                              I used your program and I found no infections. I think the symantec scanner would not run because of the Active X killbits from windows update. Basically the active X was killed by the killbits? Panda scan did run and only found tracking cookies. Asquared Free did find a questionable file listed here. "Trace.File.guang.zb1818.cn!A2 " in the prefetch folder. Not too much turned up when googling it on web so not worrying.
                              I decided to completely reinstall windows and pledged not to hose this build up at all - "knock on wood". Only going to apply the "safe tweaks" and keep a complete diary of any changes to the system, that I make. This is so I have something to refer to when things get out of hand.
                              Nlite install disc does go to repair mode, but I did not need to test, as I reinstalled completely.
                              I am thinking that when I was installing a program I decided to turn off some setting in TM Internet Security. Some setting related to protecting the file system and I turned it off as changes were being made?? Maybe thats what hosed the Registry, I dunno. Or maybe the slight cleaning was what did it (of registry). Could have been a hacker that exploited me somehow. Anyway all is good now and running OK. I have not tested for performance yet but that may be next.
                              For Lsdmeasap I install Spybot and Trend Micro always makes me uninstall it due to incompatabilities. I have like three licenses for TM Int Sec so I might as well use them??? Yes I know TM is not all that good at detecting but its a good removal tool.
                              If I can run symantec online scan I am sure I will be safe for now. It has run up till this time but I will install Active X kill bits update soon.
                              Madmax out
                              Last edited by MadMax2911; 07-01-2011, 12:28 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Can you ignore trend micro's warning? Since spybot is stand alone there should not be any issues, so I was just wondering if it is a warning only or if it will not let you install? If it wont at all, you may need to just disable/turn off trend micro for the install process.

You may want to look into making mirror backups of your clean install, that way it will only take you 5-10 minutes to reinstall should you ever need to again. I use Acronis True Image myself, but there are many other tools that will do the same.

Just found you this, looks like Trend Micro is one of the companies trying to shut down Spybot Search and Destroy >>
                                Spybot Search & Destroy competitors are trying to force its removal | Security News - Betanews

Do note, When I install Spybot I DO NOT Enable/install "System Tea Timer" because I hate it, but I DO install Internet Explorer Tea Timer as it works fine and is not obtrusive

More on the subject here >>
                                Trend Micro Officescan 8.x UNINSTALLS SPYBOT!!! - Page 2 - Safer Networking Forums

TrendMicro Internet Security 2007 conflict. - Page 4 - Safer Networking Forums

Comment

Working...
                                X