EP45-UD3LR BIOS help overclock error message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EP45-UD3LR BIOS help overclock error message

Thanks I will keep that in mind in this build and in the DS3R too. I noticed that the backup to hard drive function appeared in a later version of the BIOS update F7 I believe for this Build. I think I will have to have a Fat 16 or 32 partition on a hard drive for it to work and as you say a USB (with fat16 or 32) will work as well most likely Thanks for the info. Gotta go man thanks again..
    BUILD #2 GA-EP45-DS3R [Rev1.0] BIOS Flashed F11e, CPU=INTEL Core2 Quad Q8200 Yorkfield-4M LGA 775 with Mugen2 cooler RAM= Mushkin 996599 link 2 x 2GB, Hard drive=WD 6400AAKS, DVD=HP dvd1160i OS=Win 7 SP1 64 bit Video=BFG 8800GTS OC edition CASE=Thermaltake Tsunami Dream P.S.=Antec TP3-650

Build #3 GA-EP45-UD3LR__rev 1.0__ BIOS F11, CPU Core2 Duo E8400 3.157GHz WMugen2 Cooler, Power Supply: Antec EA-500D 500 W, RAM: Corsair 2 GB Hard Drive: WD 160 GB OS: Win XP SP3 Video: MSI GTS450 2GB

Comment

Just got my PC back from a friend who borrowed it for a couple of months. Most of my programs were out of date so I had to update them now I find that there are several BIOS updates So I am wondering whether to update the BIOS as well and possibly reinstall due to the Intel storage matrix utility being updated as well. I have ACHI bios option enabeled on this board (unlike the DS3R which needs basic hard drive option for the DVD SATA drive). I may start another thread and title it something like "to update or not to update BIOS?" Or "If it aint broke then dont fix it-Unless you are Bored "
      Anyway just thought I would ask all you guys out there. Or if anyone is running a P45-UD3LR board and you have some experience with the newer BIOS versions. Newer than F7 of course :) I will be searching other threads for information on nwer BIOS versions and the benefits of them. I will also backup my drive with the programs I asked for on my other thread located here http://forums.tweaktown.com/f35/reco...-please-39347/

MadMax Out...
      Last edited by MadMax2911; 06-27-2010, 10:52 AM. Reason: add info
      BUILD #2 GA-EP45-DS3R [Rev1.0] BIOS Flashed F11e, CPU=INTEL Core2 Quad Q8200 Yorkfield-4M LGA 775 with Mugen2 cooler RAM= Mushkin 996599 link 2 x 2GB, Hard drive=WD 6400AAKS, DVD=HP dvd1160i OS=Win 7 SP1 64 bit Video=BFG 8800GTS OC edition CASE=Thermaltake Tsunami Dream P.S.=Antec TP3-650

Build #3 GA-EP45-UD3LR__rev 1.0__ BIOS F11, CPU Core2 Duo E8400 3.157GHz WMugen2 Cooler, Power Supply: Antec EA-500D 500 W, RAM: Corsair 2 GB Hard Drive: WD 160 GB OS: Win XP SP3 Video: MSI GTS450 2GB

Comment

Yes, I would go ahead and update to the latest BIOS. Be sure you follow the guide about loading optimized defaults, especially if you are using RAID.

Comment

Hi All, I am reporting back with some new findings about this build. I have updated the BIOS to version F10 (from gigabyteus.com) and am testing with some programs like PCMark05. I also have some interesting developments about the hard drive as well. I chose PCMark05 because it allows me to compare recents tests and see which areas need improvement. It also shows improvement in scores after I apply certain system tweaks.
          The thing that is bugging me now is that I have identfied my hard drive as a possibly defective drive that could take a dump, in a worst case scenario(like others have seen). It is a Seagate ST3500320AS with the SD15 firmware(updated to SD1a already) It is all over the internet that some of these drives have failed
          The question remains is my drive affected and will my drive fail? I am looking at some programs that will test the hard drive and produce results that may tell me if my drive is failing. I am looking at Crystal Disk and any others that you people will recommend for me.
          Thanks all
          Madmax
          Attached Files
          Last edited by MadMax2911; 07-04-2011, 12:05 PM. Reason: sp

Comment

That image looks fine, but I can't see all the sections to see which are causing the health caution, which ones are yellow or red in the bottom part?

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
              That image looks fine, but I can't see all the sections to see which are causing the health caution, which ones are yellow or red in the bottom part?
              Hi L I have the other screenie in this post where the person thinks he has a bad onboard controller---> http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...troller-2.html
              Sorry I did not post the whole pix with the trouble spot. Another thing bothers me as the pc is freezing randomly and I have to power down to get out of freeze. I could have hosed this install too or maybe its the hard drive thats causing the freezing. Are there any diagnostic tools out there that will help me pinpoint the problem? I am having internet troubles at present time, so i post from the library without my pc :( Just hooked up an identical drive (almost) and I get faster marks on a testing tool (ATTO disk benchmark).
              UPDATE: The video card seems to be going out now as I got a bluescreen pinpionting the nv4_disp as problem. :( There is more but I got to cut some grass out front bye
              Wait maybe no problem with video as I google my problem and fix it. Appears I may have cleaned up a bit too much using the tweakguide from tweakguide.com. I basically did a update of chipset using the "-overall" switch and that fixed it.

Max out
              Attached Files
              Last edited by MadMax2911; 08-07-2011, 09:46 PM. Reason: add info

Comment

Working...
              X