JMB322 controller connected drives not appearing in windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JMB322 controller connected drives not appearing in windows

Hello all, I'm having an issue that is getting me pretty frustrated and I'm hoping someone can help.

I have an EX-58 Extreme (rev 1.0) running the F7 BIOS and my issue is with the Gigabyte JMB322 SATA controllers.

First, I do not want to use raid. I just want the drives to show up as separate drive in Windows.

I'm having trouble connecting two hard drives one pair of ports and having them both be detected in Windows.

Example: When I plug a hard drive (or CD-ROM) into GSATA2_0 or GSATA2_1 it works fine and is detected in Windows as it should be. But when I plug one drive into GSATA2_0 and a second hard drive into GSATA_1 the second drive is not detected in Windows. The same thing happens when I plug two drives into the other pair of JMB322 SATA ports (GSATA2_3 & GSATA2_2)

When I go into the BIOS to Integrated Peripherals>Smart Backup>Controller 0>Disk/RAID Status I see both drives detected properly there.

Under Smart Backup Config I have it set to Normal (Port Multiplier)

Can someone please help me out and tell me what I am doing wrong? I need these ports working properly as I have 9 hard drives and I CD-ROM so all ports both Intel and Gigabyte are full.

Thanks for any suggestions,
    Frost

Re: JMB322 controller connected drives not appearing in windows

Did you try the newest drivers from Jmicron's website? What does the device manager say concerning the missing drive?

Comment

its best to update to the latest bios aswell
      Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
      Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
      Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
      Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
      1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
      1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
      Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
      Razer Lycosa Keyboard
      Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
      Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
      K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
      L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
      Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
      Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
      http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
      Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thank you for your replies.

I had trouble finding the correct driver on the JMicron web site and ended up installing the JMB36X driver. If this is the wrong one please let me know but either way it had no effect on the issue.

The missing drives are not listed in device manager at all and there are no other bangs on and other devices in device manager.

The F7 BIOS is the newest non-beta BIOS listed on the Gigabyte web site for my motherboard and I'm not real keen on installing a beta BIOS.

Any other thoughts?

One other thing to note is that on the POST screen where it lists all IDE drives it shows 8 drives as it should and the last two on channel 5 both master and slave show None even though in the RAID controller setup area of the BIOS is shows the drives listed there.

Comment

For other people's future reference. I got it working.

After installing the new driver it didn't work until I reset the BIOS to defaults and then reconfigured the drives to Normal mode.

Not its working and I have 9 HDDs and one CD-ROM showing in Windows as it should be.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Comment

Nice to see you got this resolved! Sorry I missed your post until now, but yes that is the correct driver which you know now.

Thanks for posting back that you resolved this, and post back anytime if you need further help

Beta BIOS are fine, and suggested actually. I only run the beta's myself and have no issues, they always have the latest fixes and improvements long before the finals do.

Comment

Working...
            X