GA-EP45-DS3R - Constant reboot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EP45-DS3R - Constant reboot

Could someone help me before I take a sledge hammer to this motherboard please?

Tonight I wanted to secure erase two hard drives I'm going to sell, so I burnt Dban to a CD, turned off the computer, disconnected all hard drives I didn't wont erasing, rebooted and entered the Bios just to check which drives were connected,and it was the two I wanted erasing.

Anyway Dban would not recognize the drives, so I went into the Bios and set the Sata Mode to Legacy, still no good, so I changed it back to what it was. Turned off and reconnect all drives, on rebooting it complained there was no MBR, I pressed reset intending on going into the Bios to check the drives where present, but on reboot it went into the dredded reboot cycle, constantly rebooting.

Now I've had this in the past, and unplugging the power usually cures it, but this time it did not, so I cleared the Cmos by bridging the pins (power turned off), still no difference, so I removed Cmos battery, still no good.

I disconnected everything, except a USB card reader and the graphics card, it still goes into constant reboot. Every now and again I will get a lot of beeps from the motherboard speaker. I've even removed two sticks of memory, but thats made no difference either.

Full spec can be found here under desktop spec.

Never have I had motherboard so annoying as this one, with constant reboot cycle, when the computers running it's a 100% reliable and stable, but using the reset button would often trigger a reboot cycle and I would have to cut the power, altering settings in the Bios would also trigger a reboot cycle, not always but fairly often. By reboot cycle I mean in excess of 5 times

Anyway, I've pulled the Cmos battery and am off to bed and will try it again tomorrow night.

Edit: Bios is F11c I believe which I have been running for sometime.
    Last edited by Ronski; 10-26-2009, 06:18 PM.

Re: GA-EP45-DS3R - Constant reboot

yes its best to leave battery out overnight as it can take long time to fully clear
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

In my recent experience I would use a jumper to clear cmos, and leave it on for a while.. (10-20 minutes).. I just cleared my CMOS about 20 times dealing with an issue.

Comment

Hi wazza300,
        from where you get BIOS F9 in your sig?

Comment

Thanks for replies guys, but after leaving the CMOS battery out for around 7 hours it's still the same, constantly rebooting.

I've now stuck a jumper on the clear cmos pins and I'll leave it there all day, but I don't hold out much hope.
          Last edited by Ronski; 10-27-2009, 02:13 AM.

Comment

I had a similar issue with my UD4P a while back. I RMA'd the board, got it back, and it worked. However, they didn't do anything.

Pull the board out, give it a nice little bench setup, then you should be good. When you put it back in, make sure there's nothing it could possibly be shorting against.
            A Table!
            i7 950
            Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9
            6GB STT Hypers 2133 8-8-8 21
            MSI GTX 470 GE
            Corsair HX1000
            SS or Dice/MW80/MCP655 Vario/MCR 320

Comment

The boards been in for months without being disturbed, so I doubt it's shorting on anything. If it's still no good tonight, I'll disconnect everything and see what happens. Otherwise it's time for an I7, but didn't won't upgrade at the moment, but I can't see the point of buying a new out dated motherboard.....

Comment

My bro just lost his ex58-ud3r. didnt even bother RMA'ing it though its only 5 months old. Just bought another from MC. You can do a 1366 socket i7, board, and RAM for about $500. Trust me, its worth it.
                i7 930 @ 4.2 ghz (200x21) 1.34 vcore 1.33 qpi
                Noctua U12P se1366 Push Pull w/scythe slipstreams
                6GBOCZ1333 @ 1600 - 9 9 9 24 1.64v
                Gigabyte EX58-UD3R f11
                Corsair tx750 PSU
                EVGA GTX260 SC
                Intel SSD80GBG2C1 OS/Apps
                WD Caviar Black 500gb Data
                ASUS Xonar DX
                Klipsch Promedia 2.1
                CM690 Case 3 in 3 out
                Windows 7 64bit

Comment

Have seen constant reboots on a different Gigabyte board, the GA-X38-DQ6, here's what works for me, maybe it will work on your board, too...

Turn the PC on, then press and hold in the power button until the 4-second shutoff turns the PC back off... hold it in a few seconds after it shuts down to make sure it's really off, not just rebooting.

Press the power button again to turn it on... it should boot back up fine. If it doesn't, try one more time; twice is the most I've had to do it to get it to stop the reboot cycle.

GL!
                  Gigabyte GA-X38-DQ6 Rev#:
                  Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 (Conroe G0/Microcode B6/VID 1.288) 2.66GHz @ 333x8 2.66GHz 1.288v 27c idle Stock
                  Patriot PC2-8500 8500EL Series PDC22G8500ELK @ 533 5-7-7-21 tRD 6 16:10 2.256v
                  ATI Radeon HD 3850 512MB GDDR3 Catalyst 9.10
                  Silverstone OP850 850W
                  Dell 2001FP @ 1600x1200
                  Dell 1702FP @ 1280x1024

Comment

Originally posted by dbee View Post
                    My bro just lost his ex58-ud3r. didnt even bother RMA'ing it though its only 5 months old. Just bought another from MC. You can do a 1366 socket i7, board, and RAM for about $500. Trust me, its worth it.
                    Do you happen to still have this board? I'd love to see if I can fix it. My F@H rig would love to have a better board.
                    A Table!
                    i7 950
                    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9
                    6GB STT Hypers 2133 8-8-8 21
                    MSI GTX 470 GE
                    Corsair HX1000
                    SS or Dice/MW80/MCP655 Vario/MCR 320

Comment

I left the clear Cmos jumper on all day and still no good, tried the power button tip several times, no change.

Tried a new cmos battery as well.

I'll have to check to see when I bought the board and how long the gurantee is, may be able to RMA.

Might upgrade to an i7 either way, but I won't be getting another Gigabyte board, couldn't bare the thought of the dredded rebbot cylcle coming back, seen many posts on here complaining about it.

Mind you other boards may well do it.

Comment

I'm going to see if I can get an RMA on this motherboard, it was bought new in July 2008 so should still be under warranty.

Originally posted by dbee View Post
                        Last edited by Ronski; 10-27-2009, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post
                          Hi wazza300,
                          from where you get BIOS F9 in your sig?
                          look on latest bios updates on the main page of tweaktown,but note my board is different from yours,so make sure you pick the correct bios for your motherboard and read on how to flash with q-flash
                          Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                          Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                          Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                          Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!

Comment

www.novatech.co.uk and www.ballicom.co.uk <---really cheap on i7 motherboards and free shipping
                            Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                            Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

I've had a email from Gigabyte that says they have found no faults with my motherboard and it worked perfectly during testing, so I now await it's return.

Hopefully I'll find the same when I test it, I'll run it up on the bench first.

Comment

Working...
                              X