No announcement yet.

Gigabyte P35-DS3R/E6750/Crucial Ballstix Tracer DDR2-800 Overclocking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte P35-DS3R/E6750/Crucial Ballstix Tracer DDR2-800 Overclocking Thread

Hello everyone,

I'm not necessarily new to the overclocking scene, but I wanted a bit of input from those out there that know more than I about advanced RAM timings. I have a Gigabyte P35-DS3R v1.0 board (which I love), coupled with an E6750 (2.66GHz) currently at 3.4GHz. I have 2x2GB + 2x1GB sticks (all Crucial Ballstix Tracers), although one of the 2GB sticks needs to be re-RMA'ed (no comment). Because I have 1x2GB + 2x1GB sticks currently installed, I am running in "Flex Memory Mode", but I haven't noticed a difference as far as performance goes. Please review:

I am very receptive to any suggestions you may have - thanks for your time!

Re: Gigabyte P35-DS3R/E6750/Crucial Ballstix Tracer DDR2-800 Overclocking Thread

Looks good, trfc looks like it may be a bit low for 4-6GB though. How stable is it, you tested right?

Comment

Re: Gigabyte P35-DS3R/E6750/Crucial Ballstix Tracer DDR2-800 Overclocking Thread

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
      Looks good, trfc looks like it may be a bit low for 4-6GB though. How stable is it, you tested right?
      Yeah, I was surprised a bit myself. Everything is stable at those exact settings.

Comment

What did you test with and for how long? Not doubting you, just wondering.

Good tweaking you got done there though, what voltage do you have set in the BIOS for the memory?

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
          What did you test with and for how long? Not doubting you, just wondering.

Good tweaking you got done there though, what voltage do you have set in the BIOS for the memory?
          Thanks for the reply. I haven't done anything w/ Memtest/Prime/Orthos but I have played several, several hours of L4D, CODMF2, Borderlands and other games with not a single lockup or BSOD. Whether or not my system is truly stable according to some of the testing apps is irrelevant to me. As long as real-world scenarios pan out fine, I'm happy. As for the voltage, it's set to +0.2v in BIOS, which puts the modules at 2.01v.

Comment

Well that is good, people all have different ways of concluding their system is stable, that's why I asked. Since you game and have done so without issue your system is likley pretty close to being stable in all those other programs anyway.

Normally you would see issues in games for sure if you are not stable.

Looks good then, happy gaming!

Comment

Working...
            X