GA-X58A-UD3R wont post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-X58A-UD3R wont post

Hello, I recently decided to build a new computer using this motherboard. When I went to first turn on the computer after assembling it would not POST, nor were there any beep codes heard. At this point I assumed it was the RAM so i took it out and the same lack of response/beeps. At the moment I do not have any extra DDR3 to test out to see if that is the issue. I also attempted to remove the Graphics card to see if it was stoping the process somewhere.

Newegg.com - Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
    is the cpu

and

Newegg.com - Mushkin Enhanced Redline 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model 998691 - Desktop Memory
    is the ram.

Also after rehooking everything up the CPU fan stopped running. When first hitting the power button the fan will spin and then stop while all other fans continue going.

Any help is greatly appreciated ;\

edit: Am I assuming correct that if it was the ram it would atleast do a beep error code instead of being quiet?
    Last edited by Kalashnikovvodka; 02-17-2010, 12:30 AM.

Re: GA-X58A-UD3R wont post

K, I would suggest to do the following:

-verify that your power supply specs indicate enough power for your system

-check the power supply connections

-check the CPU installation in its socket, verify that there are no bent pins, verify good application of thermal compound.

- try booting the system with only one ram module, trying all your memory modules

(also, you may give more details about your system for us to better understand the situation)

good luck,
    Jure Z.
    i7 920 (D0) @ 4.05 GHz (193*21) | GA-EX58-UD3R Rev 1.6 | BIOS Rev FI
    6 GB Patriot Viper ELK DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24 T2 (V ram = 1.66V) | ATI Radeon HD 4890 1 GB
    Antec EarthWatts 750 W PS | Corsair H50-1 water cooler (push pull fans -> case exhaust mode) | Cooler Master HAF922 case
    Win XP Home 32 SP3

Comment

What is your power supply? Are both 24 pin and 8 pin 12 volt lines plugged in? Unplug your PSU, press the case power button a few times, then remove the battery for a half hour and clear the CMOS. If that doesn't work try the board out of the case, could be a short.

Comment

the problem seems to be a tad different then i mentioned. the cpu does indeed spin, just stops at the begining and the starts up again. After about 10 seconds or so after i power it on the leds (which are all on) turn off. Everything else keeps spinning though and I can eject the dvd drive (if that matters) I got some new ram to check today but same results. doesnt post and no beeps. the psu is a 650w corsair.

the gpu is a 9800 gx2

Comment

do you have a spare psu to test with?
          Gigabyte ex58-ud5 f12 bios
          Intel i7 920 d0 @3.8ghz 24/7-normal cpu voltage 1.18750v/c1e/turbo/multi threading enabled
          Ocz reaper DDR3 PC3-14400 (1800MHz) 3x2gb (OCZ3RPR1800LV6GK) [email protected]
          Thermolab Baram cpu cooler
          Dual Boot
          1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-win7 ultimate 64
          1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-windows xp pro 32
          Ati x1950 pro gpu
          Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
          1050w psu
          Nzxt lexa case
          http://i40.tinypic.com/2z3w377.jpg <=3.8ghz overclock template

Comment

i do not, i may try to get one today to test. I wonder if it could be the gpu now. I am just startled by the fact that i am not getting any kind of beep code at all even with everything stripped. With everything plugged in and the fans spinning the keyboard is active

Comment

What is the second RAM you tried? Have you tried just one stick?

Comment

yes i tried 1 in the first white and also without any. Am i correct in assuming i should be hearing some kind of beep code?

This is exactly what happens:

I press power all fans and lights turn on and the cpu fan dies down. After about 4 seconds the cpu fan then turns on and the keyboard is then active. After another couple seconds the leds inside turn off. I can press ctrl+alt+del and it appears to be restarting the comp.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalashnikovvodka View Post
                  yes i tried 1 in the first white and also without any. Am i correct in assuming i should be hearing some kind of beep code?

This is exactly what happens:

I press power all fans and lights turn on and the cpu fan dies down. After about 4 seconds the cpu fan then turns on and the keyboard is then active. After another couple seconds the leds inside turn off. I can press ctrl+alt+del and it appears to be restarting the comp.
                  you wont hear any beep codes unless you attach a mb speaker,also did you try both pci-e slots for your gpu??? it might be psu id try with another if you can borrow one just to eliminate it
                  Gigabyte ex58-ud5 f12 bios
                  Intel i7 920 d0 @3.8ghz 24/7-normal cpu voltage 1.18750v/c1e/turbo/multi threading enabled
                  Ocz reaper DDR3 PC3-14400 (1800MHz) 3x2gb (OCZ3RPR1800LV6GK) [email protected]
                  Thermolab Baram cpu cooler
                  Dual Boot
                  1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-win7 ultimate 64
                  1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-windows xp pro 32
                  Ati x1950 pro gpu
                  Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                  1050w psu
                  Nzxt lexa case
                  http://i40.tinypic.com/2z3w377.jpg <=3.8ghz overclock template

Comment

I just finished a build with this same motherboard and I had the same problem
                    as it turned out for me I had to loosen the screws for the corsair h50 cpu cooler i was using
                    they were to tight and warping the motherboard
                    Not sure what hsf you are using

Comment

Thankyou for all your replies. Ended up being a dead graphics card :\

Comment

Working...
                      X