GA-EP45-UD3P and F10 final.. no luck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EP45-UD3P and F10 final.. no luck

I've had good luck with the F10 BETA's.. but F10 final I couldn't get to over clock really at all.. heck even my stock settings were unstable.
    I went back to F10j and all is well again...

Just curious if I am the only one that had issues. Yes I did all the standard things like setting optimized defaults before and after the flash.. reset DMI info.. etc.. very odd.

-devoh
    Antec P180 case
    Intel E8500 E0 Stepping
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P rev 1.1 BIOS F10j
    Thermalright Ultra eXtreme 120!! Do NOT try and save a few bucks with your cooler.
    Crucial Ballistic PC6400 cas 4 memory 2 x 2G
    2 x WD Black Edition 640G 32Megs cache 7200RPM
    XFX Geforce 260/216 Black Edition
    Corsair TX650W
    Running on 64 bit Win 7 (AHCI mode)

Re: GA-EP45-UD3P and F10 final.. no luck

Originally posted by devoh View Post
    Just curious if I am the only one that had issues. Yes I did all the standard things like setting optimized defaults before and after the flash.. reset DMI info.. etc.. very odd.
    No, arctic-k20 had issues too.

Comment

Originally posted by devoh View Post
      I've had good luck with the F10 BETA's.. but F10 final I couldn't get to over clock really at all.. heck even my stock settings were unstable.
      I went back to F10j and all is well again...

-devoh
      F10 Finale caused my OC to cause infinite system reboots until I changed my ram driving strength profile from 1066 to Auto, now everything works just as before.

One more thing though if you go back to using the betas use K over J since it fixes quick boot.

Comment

same here.. infinite system reboots.

I'll give the auto instead of 1066 method a try
        and report back if it any good .my previous bios ver was F9b.
        ==================
        GA-EP45-UD3P & Q9550 @ 3.8Ghz
        4GB DDR2 OCZ
        EL Platinum XTC Dual Channel
        620W CORSAIR CMPSU-620HX
        Sapphire Radeon HD4870 toxic 512MB
        Creative X-Fi Titanium 7.1 PCI-E‎
        win7 x64

Comment

i can say that on my system
          what KayossZero suggest to changed ram driving strength profile from 1066 to Auto work like a charm .

thanks .
          ==================
          GA-EP45-UD3P & Q9550 @ 3.8Ghz
          4GB DDR2 OCZ
          EL Platinum XTC Dual Channel
          620W CORSAIR CMPSU-620HX
          Sapphire Radeon HD4870 toxic 512MB
          Creative X-Fi Titanium 7.1 PCI-E‎
          win7 x64

Comment

well im on driving strength profile auto allways :0
            Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
            Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
            Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
            8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
            60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
            GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
            Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
            http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

I updated my bios several days ago to the F10 final, just using my F10k settings and making sure everything was correct. Which they were in my case, and have not had any problems.

Just a thought and I am sure you peeps do is always load optimized defaults 1st. Other than that don't know what to say... Oh I run OC-1200 @ 3.91Ghz

Comment

Originally posted by KayossZero View Post
                F10 Finale caused my OC to cause infinite system reboots until I changed my ram driving strength profile from 1066 to Auto, now everything works just as before.

One more thing though if you go back to using the betas use K over J since it fixes quick boot.

I have drive strength set to 1066.. which has alsways worked best for me.. hmmm

Also didn't F10K introduce the bug of the display of CPU speed in the BIOS? though that is a minor issue, if it was.

-devoh
                Antec P180 case
                Intel E8500 E0 Stepping
                Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P rev 1.1 BIOS F10j
                Thermalright Ultra eXtreme 120!! Do NOT try and save a few bucks with your cooler.
                Crucial Ballistic PC6400 cas 4 memory 2 x 2G
                2 x WD Black Edition 640G 32Megs cache 7200RPM
                XFX Geforce 260/216 Black Edition
                Corsair TX650W
                Running on 64 bit Win 7 (AHCI mode)

Comment

Working...
                X