Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GA-EP45C-DS3R problem with cia 2 in bios !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EP45C-DS3R problem with cia 2 in bios !

I have a problem with EP45C-DS3R ( CPU quad q8200) . Sometimes i don't now why computer freeze and after restart windows doesn't boot. I noticed that after hang CIA 2 option in bios change to full thrust (default is disabled) . So computer is overclocked to maximum. I manually change it to disable and when computer hang again this option change again to full thrust !!
    User can't change this option becouse bios is password protected.

How can i prevent this ?
    what makes this option is changed in the BIOS itself ?

Bios version is F5 and there is no newer version on the manufacturer's website (only beta version).
    It is a problem with motherboard/ bios ?

Please help !

Re: GA-EP45C-DS3R problem with cia 2 in bios !

CIA is likely to fail, if you want a good stable overclock do it manually.

Fill your forum signature with your system specs a link to your ram specs and we might be able to assist you.

Comment

I do recommend you try the latest BIOS, beta or not they are usually the best BIOSes. I ONLY use the beta's myself

Here is f6a, please flash with Qflash or DOS, then load optimized defaults and save/apply/reboot F10 BACK to the BIOS. Then once in the BIOS again set all your needed changes, and do not forget SATA/Disk settings before trying to load windows again. This is very important if you are using RAID so be sure you do that before you let windows load.

About CIA, you are not trying to use it right? You are just having a glitch to where it sets itself correct?

Did you want the BIOS password or not? Sorry unsure if you meant this is an issue or not?

Comment

what program can I dump BIOS settings to a text file ?? I would not want to prescribe the settings screen ?

This is a computer used in the company and not at home because access to the BIOS is password protected. I am not interested clocking only stable operation of this computer. What could be causing the computer after the hang changes the settings in the BIOS ( CIA 2 full thrust) if this option is disabled by default ?

whether the reason might be the RAM or the wrong settings/timings ?

Comment

You will have to do it from memory, or print out the template then fill it out while you are in the BIOS then come back and fill it in and paste here.

Thanks, I just wondered why you had the BIOS password is all.

I'd need to see the full settings before I could say what might be wrong, sorry but I really need to see them.

Ya, wrong settings is probably the issue here.

You may need to reflash F5 BIOS or Clear the CMOS to correct this if settings do not help, but that is easy and we'll try that after I help you with settings.

Comment

Working...
          X