GA-EP43-DS3L rev.1.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-EP43-DS3L rev.1.3

I finally have the cash to buy the RAM (houses cost so much!) but now the QVL appears to have disappeared....any way I can find it again?

Comment

Ya, they need to quit messing with their websites, or fix them all at once!

Here is the QVL for this board

Comment

Sweet as...thanks very much for that. Maybe you can help me a little bit as well. If you can be bothered see this thread on the PC Powerplay forums (can I link this sort of thing? Sorry If I'm not supposed to!) RAM Question

Basically I've noticed in the specifications tab for the Motherboard that the RAM must be single-sided when 4GB is used, but cannot determine if the RAM I am after is so or not! Very frustrating as I don't want to make another screwed up purchase. I'm after 2 2GB sticks of Kingston RAM (KVR800D2N6/2G) as they are nice and cheap and will suffice for a while yet. The D in the Module P/N indicates its dual-rank memory. I'm sure one stick will be fine, but I need to know if 2 will work? It is on the QVL list but the list sort of indicates it's only referring to ONE stick inserted, not two.

Worth the risk? This is getting ridiculous...

Comment

Link is fine!

Dual rank would be double sided

I do not see that part # on the QVL at all, did you? Just because it is not there means nothing though, they can't test all memory and I know tons that do work that are not on the list, but I do know where you are coming from. The QVL DS/SS is only stating exactly what they tested, not what is needed

As for this single side thing, where do you see this? I looked at the specs and the manual and am not seeing that anywhere, plus the board supports 16GB of memory so I don't think that would be possible with single sided modules.
          GA-EP43-DS3L (rev. 1.0) - GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Specification

And your manual confirms DS in any channel, page 18

Comment

Argh...sorry I've done it again - I have a EP41-UD3L motherboard. Not the one from the title of this thread. Makes a slight difference lol. I cannot for the life of me find the link to the QVL that I found for it earlier today. It was under the downloads section for the rev1.3 version of this motherboard, but when I went back to link it in here it disappeared. No idea what's going on!

EDIT: The above was using the Australian Gigabyte site. The US one simply says the 775 section is coming soon! lol...bit late for that haha. And a site serahc for the UD3L returns nothing.
            Last edited by modern_messiah; 07-20-2010, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Not totally sure if you care much anymore - I'm over it already so I can only imagine your thoughts on the matter!

I was re-reading the little "note" in the specifications section of the motherboard and noticed that it states if four memory modules are used:

* Because of Intel chipset limitation, please use single-side memory module if four memory modules are to be installed.
              So I guess it means that if I use two sticks of KVR800D2N6/2G RAM as found on the QVL list here (The link appears to be staying put for now!): http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList...-ep41-ud3l.pdf

That I should be fine. It's only 2 sticks so it avoids the problem mentioned above, and the sticks themselves appear on the QVL list. Surely no way it can go wrong now apart from a hardware fault?

Comment

Yeap, sounds good to me!

Comment

Working...
                X