Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GA-H55N-USB3 - 1156 ITX - With RAID - Where's the info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-H55N-USB3 - 1156 ITX - With RAID - Where's the info?

This board was slated for release last month. It doesn't bother me that it's late. But finding any real information on it is difficult. To quote Gigabyte:

Gigabyte Readies Feature-Packed Mini-ITX LGA1156 Motherboard
    Gigabyte is readying a new motherboard in the mini-ITX form-factor which is bound to surprise some with its feature-set. The GA-H55N-USB3 is a socket LGA1156 motherboard based on the Intel H55 chipset, supporting the entire range of LGA1156 processors with a powerful 4+2 phase VRM. The socket is wired to two DDR3 DIMM slots for dual-channel memory, which is powered by its own 2-phase circuit. Gigabyte was able to accommodate five SATA channels by the chipset, making space for one eSATA, and four internal SATA 3 Gb/s ports with RAID support.

Its lone expansion slot is a full-bandwidth PCI-Express 2.0 x16, while being based on the H55 chipset, it also supports Intel Flexible Display Interface for processors with embedded graphics. On its connectivity front it doesn't make many compromises either, with 8+2 channel HD audio with optical SPDIF connector, a two-port USB 3.0 controller giving out two USB SuperSpeed ports, gigabit Ethernet, Keyboard/Mouse combo PS/2, four USB 2.0 ports on the rear-panel + four by internal headers, and display connectivity which includes DVI, D-Sub, and HDMI. The GA-H55N-USB3 is expected to be out in April.
    The things in bold are what interest me. Will this board run the i7 860/870 at full 95w TDP? The quote above is about the only info I've been able to dig up.

Re: GA-H55N-USB3 - 1156 ITX - With RAID - Where's the info?

yes it will run that chip but with all the power saving features it will use alot less,my chip only uses 45w when idle but uses 145w at full load @3.8ghz those chips dont use as much power
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I really hope they've managed to unlock the voltage in this sucker's bios. And RAID on the H55 is just killer. Wish there was more info though. And a release date of course.

I'm anxious to build a powerhouse with a tiny footprint. ;)

Comment

Shoot them off an email and see if they can offer you anymore current info on a possible release date
        GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Technical Service Zone

Comment

I emailed the Sales & Marketing department with the request. Tech support is apparently only valid for released products.

Comment

Ahh ok, I was going to add the contact page for them as well and forgot.

Let us know what they tell you

Comment

Useless.

Originally posted by GIGABYTE-team Scandinavia
              Originally posted by Ilden
              Requesting information on ITX form factor motherboard GA-H55N-USB3. This product is as yet unreleased, but was previously slated for April.

This looks to be an exciting new product that would suit my needs splendidly. However, very little information is available. My primary concern deals with this board's TDP capabilities. Will this board support the Intel i7 870 processor at full TDP?

ANY information (especially technical information) you can provide beyond what was stated in the March press release would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.
              Hi Ilden,

This is a non released product, there is no information available. Sorry for this.

Best regards
              GIGABYTE-team Scandinavia

Comment

Ask Taiwan, they will probably tell you more!

Comment

They assign your inquiry to a specific support "team" based on your location. If I told them I was in Taiwan, I probably wouldn't be able to read their reply.

Comment

Go ahead and do that, then just translate the reply.

I will ask myself for you later this week if you cannot find out anything

Comment

I emailed them too. Apparently we still have awhile to wait.

Originally posted by Gigabyte

<TABLE class=Block_Main cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=5 width="100%"><TBODY><TR bgColor=#edf3fd><TD vAlign=top>Question : </TD><TD>GA-H55N-USB3 Mini-ITX Motherboard

Hello, I'm waiting anxiously for this new Mini-ITX motherboard. It was announced to be released in April, but is still not available. Can you please give us a date when this product will be released?

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
                      <TABLE class=Block_Main cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=5 width="100%"><TBODY><TR bgColor=#edf3fd><TD vAlign=top width=100>Answer : </TD><TD>Dear Customer,

This model will be released in the US/Canada market in July.

Thank you for choosing Gigabyte products

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

Thanks for that.

July eh? That's taking a big risk. I'm expecting the ITX market to get interesting in these next two months.

Comment

Thanks for posting your email update for everyone!

Comment

Right. I'm back. Gigabyte RE-announced this board today. Am I missing something, or has any support for RAID now been completely removed?

GIGABYTE - News - Motherboard

If so, is there now any point in buying this product?

Hopefully I'm just missing something. Was really looking forward to this one.

Comment

Looks like no RAID to me, if they did mention it before it would have been through a J.Micron chip anyway, much slower than an Intel one.

Comment

Working...
                              X