X58A F7w BIOS and SLI problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X58A F7w BIOS and SLI problems

I updated my GA-X58A-UD7 (rev 1.0) with the F7w BIOS. Since the update, the NVIDIA control detects both of my Nvidia 480 cards but the option for SLI has disappeared. All the hardware checks out, and I have the latest drivers for every component.

I have redownloaded the Nvidia drivers, but the problem persists. Is this a known issue, is there a work around? I'd rather not have to revert back to the F6 BIOS because I was experiencing crashes and lock ups before the BIOS update.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Re: X58A F7w BIOS and SLI problems

have you tried loading optimized defaults in the bios and re-enter any bios settings? tried installing one card then drivers then the second card and see if sli option pops up?
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I've loaded optimized defaults before and after I flashed. I have not done the one then two gpu trick. I will do that shortly and report back. Thanks!

UPDATE 1:
      Still no luck, here is what I did:

1. Booted with one card and reinstalled driver. Restarted.
      2. Inserted second card (and SLI cable) and booted. No Nvidia card was recognized by Windows, and it booted to a low resolution. Windows auto installed some driver and asked to restart.
      3. Booted up a second time with both cards and SLI cable, this time both cards were recognized but the SLI option is still gone.

So no SLI option unfortunately, I'll keep trying. Is there anything else that might work?

UPDATE 2:
      Ok, I managed to find a solution! I moved the SLI cable from the first to the second SLI slot on the GPUs. I'm not sure why this would make a difference, but it did.

In any case, thanks for all the help!
      Last edited by Nostrum; 09-02-2010, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Ughh. The problem returned. I rebooted my computer today after it locked up on a particularly troublesome game (other programs work fine) and when I booted back up the SLI option was gone.

I tried the following just now:

1. Uninstalled video drivers
        2. Turned off, removed one of the GPUs, booted into safe mode and ran driver sweeper
        3. Booted back up with one GPU and reinstalled drivers, rebooted to make sure
        4. Booted again with both GPUs + SLI cable

After this did nothing, I booted once with only optimized defaults and again with my normal BIOS settings. Neither BIOS configurations show an SLI option. I also played with the position of the SLI cable. No luck.

As before, the nvidia panel detects both cards and I can choose to put PhysX on either one, etc. The SLI cable is not detected no matter what I do.
        Last edited by Nostrum; 09-02-2010, 10:55 AM.

Comment

New bios F7 out, maybe you can try it.
          X58A-UD7 Rev1 | Core i7 920 @ 191x21 4GHz | Thermalright Extreme 120 REV A | Corsair 6GB Dominator GT 1600 C7 | Sapphire HD4870 Toxic 1GB 800/1000 | Antec TPQ-850w

Comment

i would try n pick up another sli cable,it could be faulty,try cleaning the contacts
            Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
            Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
            Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
            Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
            1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
            1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
            Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
            Razer Lycosa Keyboard
            Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
            Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
            K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
            L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
            Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
            Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
            http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
            Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Wow, the non beta F7 bios must have just been posted within the last 24 hours, very cool. I flashed the new version, swept and reinstalled my drivers, and now everything looks good. Of course this problem has been somewhat intermittent, so I'll post again if I have any more SLI problems.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
              X