e) Antec case fan to Molex from PSU
    f) SATA cable from HDD to SATA_0 and SATA power from PSU to HDD
    g) IDE cable from DVD burner to IDE and PATA power from PSU to burner
    h) Case speaker to SPEAK on f_panel header
    First boot and testing
    1) Connect PSU power cord to power strip
    2) Connect monitor to graphics card on rear panel
    3) Connect keyboard to USB port on rear panel
    4) Double check all connections in case. Check that video card and memory sticks are fully seated.
    5) Turn on PSU and then Power button on case.
    6) Listen for POST single beep and if successful enter BIOS (press DELETE key)
    7) Check BIOS settings8) Run Memtest86+ full cycle and then test #5 for 30 minutes. Config info below
    a) First press C, then 1, then 3 and finally select the test that you want to run (#5),
    press Enter and then 0 to get it running.
    9) If no errors proceed to Windows 7 install

Install Windows 7Final installs and updates
    1) Install latest motherboard drivers from Gigabyte website for chipset, audio and LAN
    2) Install latest Geforce FX 5200 drivers
    3) Connect to MB headers and check front panel modules; USB, IEEE1394a, audio and card reader
    Last edited by highcountryrider; 09-23-2010, 10:01 AM.
    Silverstone TJ08B-E micro ATX case | ASRock Z77 Pro4-M micro ATX MB | Intel i5 3570K CPU | Samsung 830 256GB SATA 3 SSD | WD Caviar Black 500GB SATA 3 HDD | EVGA GTX 650 | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 SDRAM | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Windows 7 HP 64-bit

Re: New build procedure

All sounds good!

You will need to enable USB Keyboard support in the BIOS as well. Also in Standard CMOS page disable Floppy A at the bottom before installing windows.

I would keep your boot order as hard drive first, and be sure you put your hard drive at the top of the list in the hard disk boot priority in the Advanced BIOS section. Then just use F12 at startup to boot from CD.

If you have CD boot first, then when windows installer reboots it may start all over again from the CD, which you do not want.

Comment

Thanks for reply and information. I noticed that the manual shows that USB keyboard support is enabled by default. Is that accurate? If not does that mean I'll have to get a PS2 keyboard to be able to navigate in the BIOS? Thanks for the tip on Floppy A, wouldn't have known that otherwise and also the settings for boot device order.

In regards to XpressRecovery2 it sounds like it creates a recovery image of the hard drive in the partition I will have created for it. Do you have an opinion as to the value of this and it's effectiveness? I assume I would do this after I have installed all drivers necessary and before I install any programs or software in Windows 7, correct?
      Silverstone TJ08B-E micro ATX case | ASRock Z77 Pro4-M micro ATX MB | Intel i5 3570K CPU | Samsung 830 256GB SATA 3 SSD | WD Caviar Black 500GB SATA 3 HDD | EVGA GTX 650 | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 SDRAM | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Windows 7 HP 64-bit

Comment

i wouldnt use the cd driver disk that comes with the mb,win7 will auto install all the drivers for you so you can access the net and download/install latest drivers from gigabytes website,i think youll be fine with your usb keyboard as mine works in the bios whether its enabled or not and without any drivers,it just wont work in windows unless usb/keyboard is enabled in bios first
        Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
        Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
        Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
        Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
        1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
        1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
        Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
        Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
        Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
        K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
        L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
        Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
        Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
        http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
        Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I've already downloaded the drivers from the Gigabyte website for this MB. Good to know about the keyboard. I'll double check the BIOS after W7 install to be sure it's enabled.

Comment

good for you, dont forget to constantly ground yourself by touching the metal of the psu or case before you touch your processor motherboard and ram and video card, basically anything that you might touch a chip with.

Comment

Originally posted by sin0822 View Post
              good for you, dont forget to constantly ground yourself by touching the metal of the psu or case before you touch your processor motherboard and ram and video card, basically anything that you might touch a chip with.
              I have a static wrist strap that I use plus touching the case metal.

Comment

Working...
              X