• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY P55A-UD4p hdisk transfer rate become slow after firmware update

My Mainboard is Gigabyte P55A-UD4P, using latest official bios f14
    Recently i update my marvel 9128 firmware from these link
    Marvell MV-91xx firmware version 1.0.0.1407

The update was succesfull, but my hdisk transfer rate
    (i mean when iam copying file from 1 hdisk to another hdisk) become very slow, compared to before i updated my marvell firmware.
    Before i updated i got 65-95mb/s for copying file beetween hdisk.
    Now I only got 40-60mb/s.
    am i doing something wrong at the firmware update?
    i don't know how to restore the previous marvell 9128 firmware, can't find any on the web.

i have 8hdisk, all are set to ahci in bios, my driver are
    Intel Chipset Version 9.2.0.1015 WHQL
    Intel Rapid Storage Technology 9.6.6.1001 WHQL for intel ahci
    Marvell 9128 Sata 6G Drivers Version 1.0.00.1047 WHQL

plz help, how to restore my previous speed, everyday i copying a large file (1-2tb) from 1 hdisk to another hdisk, it is very slow now. thanks for the help.

Re: MY P55A-UD4p hdisk transfer rate become slow after firmware update

go to device manager,right click on the marvell ports/drivers and click drivers/previous version
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
      go to device manager,right click on the marvell ports/drivers and click drivers/previous version
      i have tried previous marvell drivers, it didnt work, still slow, i think it's not the driver, but the firmware

Comment

cant you flash back to a previous firmware for the hdd?
        Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
        Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
        Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
        Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
        1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
        1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
        Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
        Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
        Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
        K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
        L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
        Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
        Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
        http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
        Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

What you link above is a driver, not firmware, so I'm kinda confused and it sounds like you might be too?

Marvell Firmware version looks like this 2.1.0.1504 (Latest), what you have above is either a driver or actual Marvell BIOS version, not sure because your link does not work.

If you are using Marvell ports for your SSD it's best to not install ANY marvell drivers, if you want you can install the Magni Console driver, but you should keep using the MSAHCI driver not the Marvell one you linked above.

The Marvell drivers are slower, and can be very unstable.

If this is your OS SSD you will need to do a clean install to remove the Marvell driver, you can try uninstalling it from device manager, and then reboot and use the windows install CD to perform startup repair, but I'm pretty sure that will not work and you need a clean install to get rid of the Marvell driver.

Comment

i download from station driver http://www.station-drivers.com/page/marvell.htm
            ok i'll try to clean install my windows 7, and not install any marvell driver right?

anyway does anyone have the link for official firmware for marvel 9128 in gigabyte
            p55a-ud4p?

Comment

Ya, do a clean install and don't install any Marvell drivers

The firmware for Marvell w/ Gigabyte boards is in the actual BIOS, once you update to the latest BIOS you can update the firmware from within the Integrated Peripherals page of the BIOS.

On that page you will see firmware, set that to Force and save/apply/reboot and then on the IRQ Screen right before windows loads you will see the firmware get updated.

To see the current Marvell firmware you have installed go into the RAID BIOS for the Marvell controller in the Integrated Peripherals BIOS page, it will list the Marvell firmware and BIOS version.

You can safely install this driver (Magni Console), once you have finished the windows install

Comment

Working...
              X