Another 965P-DS3 Bios corruption problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another 965P-DS3 Bios corruption problem

I had this motherboard and computer for over 3 years.

I started noticing problems when I ordered a set of 4 gigs of ram. I installed 2x2 Gskill gigs of ram to replace my 2x1 corsair gigs of ram. I noticed that the computer would boot up then restart immediately over and over, usually a sign of bad ram. But after powering off the system then turning it back on 1 mins later, it booted up fine. They are both 6400 DDR with 1.9v. The only difference between my old ram and new ram are that the timings are different. The old ram was 5-5-5-18 and the new installed ram was 5-5-5-15. I'm not sure if that's the problem though.

I read, search and tried almost everything. Switching rams, taking cmos battery. Having the new bios on my floppy drive, motherboard cd in my cd drive. But I'm still getting the scanning bios image in hard drive. It goes into bios recovering but then keeps restarting and looping the same process over and over. It seems as if though the bios in my hdd is somehow also corrupt? It really amazes me how it doesn't bother looking anywhere else for a new bios.

I'm thinking about trying out Lsdasapme's method of shorting the bios pins, but I can't even tell which pins are which. Or if my motherboard is applicable in this situation.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...tml#post315830

Re: Another 965P-DS3 Bios corruption problem

Virtual DUAL BIOS is nor real dual BIOS.
    The old BIOS probably did not have the XpressRecovery feature therefore there is no image saved.
    Try just disconnecting all peripherals.

Comment

Re: Another 965P-DS3 Bios corruption problem

Originally posted by Chike View Post
      Virtual DUAL BIOS is nor real dual BIOS.
      The old BIOS probably did not have the XpressRecovery feature therefore there is no image saved.
      Try just disconnecting all peripherals.
      Just tried that no use :(

I do keep hearing the drive churning though, as if the computer is trying to read it. But no luck, even though I have the motherboard cd in there.

Comment

Working...
      X