Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

trouble with my new computer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trouble with my new computer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hello guys ,,,,,,,,, i have a problem with detecting full x16 graphic card , it detects x8 in gpuz
    can you guys help me

p55a-ud3
    graphic card gigabyte 460 gtx gv-460oc-1gi
    windows 7 ultimate 64bit with gsata port6
    western digitl 1 terabyte black installed as sata 6 with ide configuraton

Re: trouble with my new computer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you have USB3 and SATA6G both set to full speed/Turbo mode then you'll only get 8x PCIe lanes for your primary PCIe16x slot.

This is normal and is a limitation of the P55 chipset.

Having 8x pcie lanes for a single GPU card is fine, it can't even use the bandwidth of ~6-7 lanes, let alone 8. You aren't missing out on any performance whatsoever.
    Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
    Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
    P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
    Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
    TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
    2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
    Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
    Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
    WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
    Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
    Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
    3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
    Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Comment

If you want it at x16, set USB3/SATA 6Gb/s to Gen 2 mode.

Comment

it disapear x16 first gen 1.1 when i disable usb 3 and sata 3

help please ???????????????????????????????????????

Comment

my quistion if i replace this peace of crap with chipset x58 it will work at x16+usb3+sata 6gb??????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????

Comment

As already explained .... you will not get more performance with x16 over x8. There really is no problem.
            Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

I think your problem will be solved with more exclamation and question marks, also 111 does wonder, just like plx and plz.

Comment

Introduction - SLI & CFX PCIe Bandwidth Perf. - x16/x16 vs. x16/x8 | [H]ard|OCP

GTX 480 SLI x16/x16 vs. x4/x4 - GTX 480 SLI PCIe Bandwidth Perf. - x16/x16 vs. x4/x4 | [H]ard|OCP

You can find other articles but those two are excellent. Unless you're running ridiculous resolutions with a ridiculously expensive setup 16x/8x 8x/8x & even 4x/4x are all going to give you equivalent performance.

Comment

Nice info Kayoss, thanks!

Comment

No matter how dumb the original poster is, I must share my experiences with x8 vs x16 PCI-e bandwith. I play Lord of the rings online, which is graphically pretty intensive game (although probably not even as much as stuff like... well, what do people use to measure this? Crysis it used to be in past, among others). About 2 years ago I was playing around with some extra cards in my PC, and for weeks I was cluless why is the gameplay everything but smooth. I would run around the game world and every step my character made, the whole image would freeze for a fragment of a second. It was so annoying. Well, after some time I realized I had my graphic card in x8 slot (or rather the 2nd x16 slot was operating in x8 mode), effectively reducing the bandwith to half. After plugging the card in the "proper" slot all of the lag described above was gone. I had the same FPS, but the image was moving perfectly smoothly.
                    What I wanted to say with this wall of text is that people often underestimate PCI-e x16's usefulness...

Comment

ok now i understand the limitation of p55 that not all the devices will work at the same bandwdith so my queistion is if i replace it with x58 chipset with sata "6gb" and usb3 does the pci will work at full x16 with usb3 and sata6b enabled?????
                      Last edited by gasan; 12-31-2010, 03:58 AM.

Comment

yes,but you wont see any difference with the gpu at 8x instead of 16x so is it worth it?
                        Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                        Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                        Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                        Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                        1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                        1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                        Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                        Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                        Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                        K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                        L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                        Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                        Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                        http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                        Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Comment

While this is true, 99.9% of people really don't care about full 16x bandwith and so they shouldn't. If you're running a dual GPU card then it's a nice thing to have in that you might see a couple of extre FPS at 1600p. Other than that it's currently not needed.

Take a P35 chipset board for example. You will get perfect performance with the latest HD6970 or GTX 580. However the P35 chipset onlt supports PCIe 1.1, which is half the total throughput of 2.0, therefore it's 16x lanes are the same as 8 PCIe 2.0 lanes.

I'm not disbeleiveing anyone, but it is 99% likely that any issues experienced using 8x were compatibility issues or bugs. For example using the secondary slot on a board rather than the primary could well lead to issues. The only other explanation would be with a graphics card that has insufficient framebuffer (VRAM) and needs to swap textures from VRAM to main RAM and visa versa would have an advantage with 16x 2.0 lanes. However even then that would not be ideal and performance would probably suffer.

In general having 16x 2.0 for a single card is one of those unshakable myths. The same kind of thing as people who insist on using two SLI or Crossfire bridges in dual card setups etc.

Those links to HardOCP are a great source of info. I've linked to some of them myself in the past. It's always useful when people can see for themselves exactly what goes on with lower than maximum speeds.
                            Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
                            Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
                            P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
                            Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
                            TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
                            2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
                            2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
                            Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
                            Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
                            WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
                            Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
                            Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
                            3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
                            Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Comment

Working...
                            X