X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does 'runupd.exe' do?

Hello Ms/Mr Gigabyte person.

What does 'runupd.exe' do?

If I don't need it, is there a preferred way to disable it?

Thanks
    Harry

Re: What does 'runupd.exe' do?

It's part of the web update program TODO, you used "Express Install" on the CD didn't you?

runupd.exe - What is the runupd.exe from Gigabyte? (id:104798)

Runupd.exe process | What is Runupd.exe file?

I have never installed the drivers like that, or programs from the CD using Express, but I'd image you should find Gigabyte Update or Web update in your add/remove programs and should be able to uninstall it from there.

If you can't, or would rather just disable it, try this program and see if it shows in there or not. Or there may be a normal "uninstaller" file located in the program directory Program Files\Gigabyte\UpdManager\ or Program Files\GIGABYTE\GBTUpd

Startup CPL, this will install into your Control Panel, uncheck or delete any item you want removed from startup

If you can't figure out how to stop it from startup, or remove it, let me know and I can install it in a virtual machine and figure it out for you and let you know how to remove/disable it.

Comment

Re: What does 'runupd.exe' do?

Hello Lsdmeasap,

I disabled C:\ProgramFiles (x86)\Gigabyte\GBTUpd\PreRun.exe in the msconfig start menu using CCleaner program. The runupd.exe program no longer runs at every bootup. I am beginning to believe that it is trying to update some of the Gigabyte software that came with the motherboard. I can't think of anything else it would try to update. I can't imagine it tries to update my BIOS. If this is all it does, I'm not too concerned with disabling it. I will try to remember to let it run every once in a while.

I didn't use Express Install, and made the selections of what to install myself. Probably just about everything except Norton.

Maybe if I try it later and it actually updates something, I'll figure out what it is trying to do. So far I don't believe disabling it will cause me any problems.

Thanks for the help
      Harry

Comment

Working...
      X