Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-USB 3.0 Card not seeing a USB 3 device

Hi

I brought USB 3.0 Gigabyte Ultra Durable 3 PCI Express Card model GA-USB 3.0 version 1 in Dec, but did not have any USB 3 drives at that time.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    I installed it into the top PCIE x 1 slot on GA-EX58-UD5 Motherboard version 1 (next to the CPU), installed the extra power connection; Tested the card out it was working ok at USB2 speed and reports that USB 3 driver and Host was loaded. <o:p></o:p>
    All seem to be fine<o:p></o:p>
    I just brought an external USB 3 enclosure to house my SATA 3 hard drive from my laptop this week.<o:p></o:p>
    But when I plug an USB 3 drive into the card, windows 7 64bit reports that device would perform faster is plugged into a super-fast USB3 port.<o:p></o:p>
    I have checked and confirm that I am just seeing USB 2 speeds; windows see the card and confirm that the drive is a USB 3 device.<o:p></o:p>
    I have installed and re-installed the drivers that were supplied with the card, tried the updated drivers from Renesas Electronics them with no luck.<o:p></o:p>
    I have also tried the card in a different computer still the same problem.<o:p></o:p>
    I am using the latest drivers 2.0.32 and firmware 302708 for the card<o:p></o:p>
    I am at a loss, any suggestions?<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    I have e-mail Gigabyte UK support

Thanks

Simon<o:p></o:p>
    Last edited by Simon d; 01-08-2011, 10:18 AM.

Re: GA-USB 3.0 Card not seeing a USB 3 device

can you give me you bios settings

Comment

I solved the problem I decided to try loading the drivers in administrator mode using the run as administrator command within windows.

I tried it in the past when I had problems loading software, all is working now.

Thanks

Comment

Nice to see you got it working, and thanks for posting the solution here for others!

I didn't even know Gigabyte made USB 3 cards :)

Comment

Working...
        X