Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound card driver question--Gigabyte UD3_R rev 2

Hello all,
    I really hate to ask a question concerning a sound card driver however I know I will get great advice on this. I recently purchased an Asus Xonar DG sound card to see how this sounded vs my onboard sound ( never used a sound card before), I do like the sound from this card. Well the first driver I installed has been doing great. I decided to upgrade the driver when I saw a new one was released--what a dope,hey !!! Well I uninstalled the old driver via uninstall program in control panel ( Win 7). I did not use drive cleaners at this time. When I tried to install the new driver it just hung and finally said to plug in card, which of course was already in. A long story a bit shorter,after trying a lot of things the best way I found to successfully install the driver was via safe mode, it installed via the exe. program and restart shows all is fine. Sounds very nice also. Did I do a no-no ? I think I know just enough to get me in trouble sometimes. ( ha )
    Thanks for any comments, you all take care--Robby
    ----------------------- edit----------------------------
    I believe I should have posted this at the Asus site--- sorry about that !!
    Last edited by rclark; 03-12-2011, 05:52 PM.

Re: Sound card driver question--Gigabyte UD3_R rev 2

So you finally got it installed then right? Hope so.

Sounds like maybe just a buggy installer to me?

Comment

Thanks Lsdmeasap for the response. Yep,the sound card driver is installed and all is fine,just weird installation bug I guess. I had never used a sound card before so I thought I'd give it a go with this new build, I do like the sound card audio better than the onboard ( which was fine ). You know, as they say,if all is working ok,don't mess with things,I should listen to this advice. Well at least I learned a new way to maybe install a stubborn driver--I guess it was ok in doing this .
      see ya--Robby

Comment

Anytime man, always here to help when I can! Honestly I'm glad you fixed it already, as audio issues are often hard to work through.

Ya, sounds like maybe a buggy installer possibly, or just some random glitch or conflict gave you the initial hassles.

Post back anytime if you need help with anything later on down the road.

Comment

Working...
        X