Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIMM Slot vs. Enabled Slot memory - UD3R

Hi everyone,

I recently upgraded my computer to the one in my signature here, and I've run into an issue with the memory I'm trying to use. I have 3 4gig sticks of Patriot Sector 7, and the computer is only using one of them. However, when I go into the M.I.T section, it see's the memory in the slots, they are just not enabled.

I've tried reseating them, no affect. I have manually set my QPI Voltage at 1.3 and my VDIMM at 1.66, as they were auto-setting much lower than that. The RAM is currently set to 1600 by use of the XMP Profile 1, if I don't enable that it gets set to 1066, but this has no affect on the amount of RAM that is usable in the computer.

I also get the 'Recovering Lost DRAM Size' error when I start up the computer, although after I adjusted the voltages manually that has gone away for now.

I have an older set of 3x2GB Corsair sticks that I have also tried, same issue. 3 shown in MIT, only one enabled, and Recovering error regularly. Occasionally can get into windows, past the error, but clearly something is wrong.

Picture shows Corsair memory in machine. Looks the same for the Patriot, just swap the sizes and timings slightly.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	755920

Re: DIMM Slot vs. Enabled Slot memory - UD3R

I'm attaching a photo of my CPU socket and the pins. I couldn't find anything to compare it to, but it looks ok to me, as long as that weird clump in the middle there is intentional - I'm assuming it is, but if someone has one that could check for me I would appreciate it.

Tempted to exchange the board where I purchased it anyways, since I think that's the problem. Having tried two different sets of RAM in it, hard to believe that both of them are bad - one is brand new.
    Attached Files

Comment

Cant tell for sure but the near the inner upper right corner there are a few pins that look bent.
      Can you take the image from different angle?

Comment

And another one at the bottom
        Click image for larger version

Name:	CPU Pins.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	751278

Comment

The more I looked at it, the more I thought those were bent. I have already exchanged that board for a new one, opened in the store and has no bent pins or other issues.

Rebuilding now, hopefully this one won't have the same memory issues as the other one did!

Comment

Good luck

Comment

BTW I cannot find any X58-UD3R rev 2 on GB site, and X58A-UD3R rev 2 first BIOS is FF.

Comment

Bent pins or not 1.3v qpi/vtt voltage won't be enough for 12gb,you need to test with atleast 1.35-1.4v with 12gb,not enough qpi/vtt voltage will cause you to lose memory/slots
                Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

WOW, I see about 20+ bent pins, luckily you were able to exchange that!

Comment

Working...
                  X