Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-790XTA-UD4 fan control

Hi,
    I have some questions about this motherboard and fan rpm regulations? I've noticed that there aren't many options to control fan rpm - actually I can only set to auto or max rpm for cpu...
    Is there possibility to manually manage each fan rpm in bios? I think there isn't but I needed to ask
    CPU is PII 955BE with CM 212+
    Would I make my problems disappear with fan controller - something like Zalman mfc1 plus?
    Thanks

Re: GA-790XTA-UD4 fan control

There isn't an option, but in the power page of the BIOS you should have Voltage or PWM to select for smart fan control, if it's disabled then it will run 100% all the time

Be sure you are using the latest BIOS too, in case you have set voltage or PWM and it still is 100%, there might be a BIOS bug.

Yes, a fan controller would allow you to adjust the fan to whatever speed you wanted.

Comment

Last edited by Grozdan; 03-28-2011, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Ya, you should have Voltage, PWM and Auto. They are all "Auto" in a sense that they control the fan automatically based on temps, only Disabled will be full speed all the time no matter the temps.

Yep, sounds like you need a fan controller for sure! Voltage or PWM both control the fan speed varied by temp, using voltages in steps. Voltage is increments, and PWM is phase regulated voltage, both are pretty similar the PWM is just a more smooth transition between speeds is all.

PWM fans have 4 pins, 3 pin are voltage fans.

Comment

I use a Windows software program called Speedfan 4.41 to regulate my fan speeds. It works great for my motherboard. I can run them at 100% or 0% or anything in between. I can click a checkbox which sets the program to automatic Then go into automatic settings and adjust temperatures for both system and cpu to desired temps and speeds. It only regulates the case exhaust fan and the cpu heatsink fan because my motherboard only has two 3 or 4 pin fan controllers. I can set it and forget it When the cpu or system starts getting above the desired temperatures. Speedfan 4.41 increases the speed of the fans. The program takes a little to set up. I clicked on the info tab then the Get Config tab click on the url above ticket. This sent me to a web page asked me to sign up email verify first. After email verified. Then I just tried again for some reason I lost the first page so I Get Config again and click on the url above ticket then verify username and password. Then I click next step and I highlight motherboard manufacturer and model. Then highlight an available like GA-MA790FX-DQ6 click next step get configuration Now I select uploded form whoever it's from a list. Then I click get configuration. At this point I look for the bold numbers like 531369 Caution If you decide to do this just marking these numbers down wont work. It has to be done as instructed. The web page must be open with your username and password. Also do not try to copy and paste it's not inserting the ticket correctly. Just type in the ticket number that you pull from your web page. I already tried those shortcuts and none of them worked. After I insert the correct tickt number I restart the speedfan program. WOO! HOO! The fans speed up. Then I configure my auto settings. As I said it took a little to get the fans and temperatures where I wanted them but it works great. You can also send a report or make a request to them through the web page and the program.
          Mostly I minimize it and allow it to hide.
          Last edited by artdrivers; 03-29-2011, 05:49 PM.
          http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
          http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
          Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
          Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
          Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
          4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
          (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
          (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
          (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
          Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
          Mid size ATX case with show through panel
          2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
          Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
          Logitech G500 USB mouse
          Monitor: CMV937A
          7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
          Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

I tried Speedfan (latest version) and it didn't work, but I didn't know I had to do all those steps
            I didn't bother much, though, because my motherboard wasn't supported (couldn't find it anywhere)... I just installed program and tried some settings which didn't work so I uninstalled it. I'll try your way and see what happens
            I already used bunch of programs, including Easy Tune which was great for cpu cooler fan speed management, but none of them worked ( I honestly believe that all those installations ruined my Windows and will have to install new one)!
            I contacted you as my last resort. Don't get me wrong, I only ask for help if I did everything it could be done on my own but wasn't enough...
            I'll try Speedfan again but I kinda like an idea of having a fan controller - it would look cool
            Once again thanks for everyting!

Comment

I'm using the Auto Fan Control function with a 3 pin are voltage fan. (ZALMAN CNPS9700 LED 110mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler)

My CPU idles at about 41C and the fan is going at 1781 RPM. Is there any way to fine tune this? Preferably in the bios. I'd like it to run at 1200~RPM @ 41C.

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD4P w/lastest Stable Bios. Does anyone know if the beta bios has more fan options?

Edit: I just updated to the lastest beta bios. (GA-EX58-UD4P - F14q )

No additional auto fan control that I see. I have a completely new layout.
              Last edited by robz360; 10-14-2011, 12:07 AM.

Comment

which 3pin mb socket you using? some are rated differently in volts so some run faster than others,i think sys fan 1 is slower
                Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X