Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having instable PC! Please help!

Hi guys,

I'm having problem to stable my brand new PC, basically everything is fully working except the installation process of Windows 7 x64!

I've tried x32 and fully works but it only uses 4GB of RAM, but as I've 8GB of RAM (2x 4GB) I want to be able to install Windows 7 x64 and having problem!

The installation process goes well until where it must be restarted automatically, the finalizing part! Then when it restarts it stuck on Gigabyte logo screen, so I must shutdown the PC using the power button and start again, but it then lets me to continue!

Don't know what to do!

Please bear in mind that I've not yet changed any of the settings in the BIOS!

Here is the components I used:

RAM = Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1600C9 DDR3 XMS3 8GB
    Motherboard = Gigabyte SKT-1366 X58-USB3
    CPU = i7 950

Thanks in advance :)

Re: Having instable PC! Please help!

Try disabling all floppy drives and drive A from the bios,manually set dram voltage according to ram,try manual voltage of 1.32v for qpi/vtt voltage

Plugged hdd into Intel SATA port 0 and dvd drive in Intel port 5?
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

You may also want to try the install with just 2-4GB, then put in the rest once the install is complete

Comment

Thanks, I tried that and still the same thing happens! Isn't Windows 7 x64 supposed to support 8GB of RAM in one go!

Don't I need to update the BIOS or maybe tweak the RAM timing...?

I've seen other posts on this forum and some of the people have done some tweaking for RAM, but in my case I don't know how to do so! Even though I have the manuals but nothing technically said regarding this!

Do you or anybody know where I could get some support for this type of motherboard and RAM?

Thanks in advance! :)

Comment

It does support 8GB no problem, it's probably your setting that need adjusted and that's why I mentioned to go ahead and get everything installed with 2-4GB first then add in the second kit later.

Yes, I'd update to the latest BIOS. I can help you with your BIOS memory settings, but go ahead and get your system installed with 4GB for now that way you'll have a usable system.

8GB of memory is not ideal on a X58 system, but you can get it working if you want.

Comment

Thank you so much for being so helpful!

Really appreciate your help!

Okay I'll do this now and will then let you know of what's happened! :)

Cheers

Comment

K, good luck! You should be fine installing like that, then we can help you sort out your settings later for 8GB

Comment

Working...
              X