Clear All

• GA-H55-USB3 Abnormal Temps

GA-H55-SUB with latest BIOS, F7.

Temps as reported in the BIOS config screen:

CPU = -60.0 (yes, negative)
    Core 0 = 43
    Core 1 = 33
    CH = 47.0

Core 0 and 1 are consistently 10 - 15 degrees C apart.
    CPU is always in the negative and may hold at 60.

If the temps are wrongly reported in the BIOS how can a program in Windows report the properly.

Thanks, Bob

Re: GA-H55-USB3 Abnormal Temps

Idle core temps are meaningless, what are they under load. Prime95 or higher?

Comment

My concerns are not high temps but the 10 - 15 difference between the two cores. Is this normal?

Also the negative CPU temp is a problem, no?

Anyway temps at 100% are:

Core 0 = 81
      Core 1 = 69

Bob

Comment

The negative CPU temp reding may be due to bug in BIOS or defect in the board maybe, you will have to contact GB support about that.
        I wouldn't be too concerned about the difference of core temps but they look a bit high, which CPU and CPU cooler?
        Maybe there's a problem with case airflow.
        what is the ambiant temperature?

Comment

Yes, Core 0 temp is high. Core 1 temp is right on the money for max temp. I am running a i5-661 with stock cooler. This is a new build and am trying to get system set before I change cooler and try OCing.

Case has plenty of airflow. 120s front and rear. 120 in power supply and 90 feeding the CPU cooler.

This system is starting to look like a waste of money. Can not get system to wake from resume as discussed in this thread. Gigabyte was no help with that issue. And now I have this problem.

Not at all happy, Bob

Comment

CPUI cooler may not be properly attached or too much/not enough thermal paste could cause the large differences in temps. Usually I see 5-10C difference depending on the CPU, but what you mention is kind of a large gap.

As for the -C temps, that is probably a BIOS bug, what BIOS are you using? Id' go ahead and update to the latest and then clear the CMOS and load optimized defaults and start over again.

Comment

Will remove, clean and reinstall heatsink.

Originally posted by bobwadd View Post
              GA-H55-SUB with latest BIOS, F7.

Comment

Good plan!

Be sure when you reattach it that you get it fully seated, and don't use too much thermal paste - a thin line or small pea sized blob is enough.

Comment

Working...
                X