111 Celcius??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 111 Celcius??

Was running Intel Burn Test along with LinX to stress system stability and help thermal paste set quicker when i noticed this strange number.

TMPIN0= 111 degrees Celsius!

I'll post a pic with the read outs. Max temperature is 60c degrees with an ambient of 20c.

I was hoping it is just a bad read out from a bad sensor or maybe a bios issue.

At 4.4Ghz with 1.31Vcore with LLC enabled. System is stable except for that weird temperature. I dont even know what it does. Every place i tried searching says TMPIN0 does something different so I'm clueless right now.

Will be reseating the cooler again in a couple of minutes. Antec 620 with ICD7 paste. Keeps getting better with every application but last one was worse. Max temps before were 55-56 degrees, now its up to 60 so its in need of an adjustment.

Please let me know what this temperature means and why its up so high.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: 111 Celcius??

Install EasyRune and you may find what TMPIN0 is.
    Why should you be worries if Intel temp sensors are reporting max 60c?

Comment

Should be Motherboard temp/ South bridge temp.

+1 install Easy Tune6. I have had issues with Hardware Monitor giving false glitches in voltage on the 12v+, 5v+ 3v+. Havent seen glitches in temps but with these new sandy bridge cpus and motherboards with all their problems, who know. Make sure you have the latest version of both software, Easy tune 6 and Hardware monitor.

If you wanna drop tmp2 and you have a old 80mm fan laying around plug that in and have it sit on your gpu blowing air onto the heat sink on the motherboard.
      Last edited by Acebmxer; 04-13-2011, 09:45 PM.
      Main Rig
      Gigabyte z87x-OC
      Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
      G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
      Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
      Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
      HiS ATI HD 6950
      Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
      Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
      Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
      Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
      CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
      Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
      EK Supremacy Cpu Block
      Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
      Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Comment

Originally posted by Acebmxer View Post
        Should be Motherboard temp/ South bridge temp.

+1 install Easy Tune6. I have had issues with Hardware Monitor giving false glitches in voltage on the 12v+, 5v+ 3v+. Havent seen glitches in temps but with these new sandy bridge cpus and motherboards with all their problems, who know. Make sure you have the latest version of both software, Easy tune 6 and Hardware monitor.

If you wanna drop tmp2 and you have a old 80mm fan laying around plug that in and have it sit on your gpu blowing air onto the heat sink on the motherboard.
        I have 4 120mm fans already hooked up. 2 top exhaust, 1 rear exhaust, 1 front intake.. plus 2 120mm cooler master blade masters push/pull on the radiator pulling in from front of case. the radiator is cold to the touch so i dont think thats making any negative effect on the temperatures.

found the TMPIN0 to be system temperature according to ET6. really weird. I dont think the temperatures are right at all. 111C wouldnt melt the board?

Comment

Originally posted by manoots View Post
          I have 4 120mm fans already hooked up. 2 top exhaust, 1 rear exhaust, 1 front intake.. plus 2 120mm cooler master blade masters push/pull on the radiator pulling in from front of case. the radiator is cold to the touch so i dont think thats making any negative effect on the temperatures.
          Thats good. I just noticed the temp reading on tmp2 max temp was 50c. You can bring this down by doing what i said above. This will blow air directly onto the sensor and cool down the part that is under the heat sink. Leaving it hit 50c is fine.

found the TMPIN0 to be system temperature according to ET6. really weird. I dont think the temperatures are right at all. 111C wouldnt melt the board?
          does ET6 show 111c also? if not then its not a problem.
          Main Rig
          Gigabyte z87x-OC
          G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
          HiS ATI HD 6950
          CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
          Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
          EK Supremacy Cpu Block

Comment

Compare with easytune or AIDA64 to be sure, looks to me like it is motherboard sensor (Right above PCIE Slots on PCB near NB)

Get AIDA64 here

Comment

Thanks for the help everyone. I'm trying to recreate the temperature as close as possible by running LinX and IBT at the same time as what was running at the time when I saw those temps. I cannot recreate them. I'm running Linx, IBT and doing a whole bunch of other stuff. I'll post a pic.

It has gone up 1C after i took the picture. Just uploaded picture and took another look at monitors, It went up another degree to 37C

*Edit* Forgot to mention, shortly after that my computer froze. I rebooted and tried to go into bios but it wouldnt let me. It tried to load windows but froze there too. Forced a reboot and then it got stuck on the GB logo screen. Had to clear cmos. I'm guessing SB and P67 isnt prime time yet :(
              Attached Files
              Last edited by manoots; 04-14-2011, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Temps all look fine above, it was probably a glitch before?

Comment

Yeah, it had to be a glitch. I'll keep a close eye on all temps and not just cpu from now on lol. Worst case scenario I'll pick up a water cooling system.

Comment

It's just all new software and boards, so it will take a while for everything to get caught up so there are less glitches.

Didn't you have a massive overclock the other day that wasn't real too?

Comment

Haha yeah. Core speed was 26000MHz and a FSB of 600+... it was great!
                      Hopefully new bios updates will fix some problems along with software monitoring glitches.

Comment

Haha, ya I thought that was you with Bclk of 600+ on P67 board!!

You need to do that again and get it validated, and then tell me how to reproduce it!

Comment

I want to show you guys an update on the CPU temperatures. I reseated the cooler and this time tightened it down really tight. Not so tight where you need a power drill to remove it lol, but tight.

Temps dropped A LOT!

Had AC on before because it was way too hot in my room. 85 degrees F (32.2C).

Linx with at that temp ran 68 degrees C.

-Reseated cooler

Added extra paste this time to fill in imperfections noticed on copper plate

Temps are as shown:

Load: 54
                          Idle: 21
                          Ambient with AC on :21.1C

OC : 4.4 @ 1.32v

***Also havent had a situation with motherboard temps yet. So thats a plus
                          Click:
                          Last edited by manoots; 04-14-2011, 07:09 PM.

Comment

good to see everything is playing nicely now. Also good temps. I was sure the temp problem was a software glitch.

You should use imageshack.us or another website to host pics and dont resize them. images are very hard to read.
                            Main Rig
                            Gigabyte z87x-OC
                            HiS ATI HD 6950
                            CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
                            Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
                            EK Supremacy Cpu Block

Comment

Originally posted by Acebmxer View Post
                              good to see everything is playing nicely now. Also good temps. I was sure the temp problem was a software glitch.

You should use imageshack.us or another website to host pics and dont resize them. images are very hard to read.
                              Thanks.
                              Sorry, ill fix it now :)

Side note, temps keep improving now. max temp is 50. It touches it slightly then drops to 49 steady under load.

I want to point out, I had to do the twist while applying the block on the cpu. Made a huge improvement. Also glad the motherboard temps arent peaking to 111 degrees anymore. What would of caused that, Bios, software?
                              Last edited by manoots; 04-14-2011, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X