Lookin for your help LSD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lookin for your help LSD!

I'm gonna link a thread from the mushkin forums to save you all the troubleshooting i've gone through and so you have an idea on the specifics and i'd love your input on why we can't get this OC prime95 capable! I am hoping your wisdom will shine through here =)

Mushkin Enhanced Forums • View topic - 991593(996593)

Re: Lookin for your help LSD!

Please post your full specs here, just so others can help as well. I do remember trying to help you at Mushkin forums.

So let's see, first off why are you trying 3 sticks now? Can you please post your full BIOS settings, in a template from my signature, and then we can advise back.

Also note what BIOS version you are using, latest is here (If you update please use Qflash)

I don't use Prime95, so I may not be too much help with that in particular, do you also fail other stability tests too?

Here is some info about how Prime95 works, maybe this will help?

Comment

Comment

Having a hard time finding ddr2 within my price range to pair with the 2x2 mushkin and the corsair was a gift from a friend awhile back, which I liked the idea of 6gb since I play WoW, LoL, watch high def movies, and ironicly stream high def movies on my tv via HDMI from my computer while playing WoW so the g/f has something to watch. I have a 5:6 fsb ratio with ram at 800 mhz 333 fsb 9 multiplier with 4-4-4-12 timings that I got with MushkinSean who has been a crazy big help. But I am still tempted by the idea of 1:1 FSB for a more click/respond experience though i'm still persistent. =)

Comment

Alright weird as hell, now after turning mch to set motherboard voltage and RAM to 2.0v 4/4/4/12 timings, I am getting to test 4 and then having a failure on core 2. I think most things I read suggest more Vcore but my temps were around 73 and I am wondering if I should drop 1 multiplier and see if it's enough which puts me back into wondering if 3.33 ghz oc'd 333 fsb with 5:6 fsb 800 mhz running these timings perfect is a better solution or not when my temps were running 65 max..=(

Comment

tested downclock to 7 multi, 2.8 ghz, same volt and all settings same, fails core 1 near end of test 1.

Comment

6GB is not ideal on DDR2 boards, and mixing memory is never ideal and does not work very often at all.

Before I help you with these settings, leave everything as is and test with a single 2GB stick and see if you still fail prime, this is sounding like a CPU setting issue not memory.

Ohh, also, don't use 400 FSB, use 401 or 399 instead.

Comment

Working...
              X