Gigabyte E350n-USB3 high temps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte E350n-USB3 high temps

I have been using this board as a home server for a few months now and only just thought about checking the temps. It is in a case with 3 120mm fans running at medium speed so I figured it would be OK but AIDA64 (Everest) is reporting some very high temps for idle.

You can see from the below SS that CPU reports 22c (that's good) but CPU#1 reports 51c (I figure that is pretty hot for idle, my way overclocked Q9550 sits under 40c at idle).

So which CPU temp to believe?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Aida64.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	755996
    Intel 3930k
    ASUS P9X79 LE
    16GB (4x4GB) 2133mhz Patriot PXD38G2133C11K
    2 x Sapphire 7970 Dual-X OC
    Silverstone 1000Watt Strider
    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
    2 x Samsung F1 500GB
    Silverstone Fortress FT02S

Re: Gigabyte E350n-USB3 high temps

download and use coretemp and or realtemp found here

see what they say
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

It also report aux(?) 33 and motherboard 61c!
      Easy way to find out is open the case and put a room fan over it and see if there is any difference

Comment

If you have not checked already, make sure the CPU cooler is fully and properly installed. New paste may also help

Comment

I wouldn't recommend touching the heatsink untill you clarify with GB support it does not void your warrenty.

Comment

Sorry for the late response, fatherhood got in the way.

I have turned up the internal fans and that does seem to have lowered the temperatures a bit.

Real Temp doesn't like the AMD E-350 processor.

CoreTemp agrees with Aida64.

The motherboard/fan/CPU came assembled so it probably would void warranty if I removed them.

I actually have a quite a lot of fans for this type of installation. I would hate to think of the temps in a normal MICRO ATX case.
            Intel 3930k
            ASUS P9X79 LE
            OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
            2 x Samsung F1 500GB

Comment

I'd go ahead and ask Gigabyte directly about the heatsink and warranty, tell them you just want to put on new paste because they temps are too high and see what they have to say.
              GIGABYTE - Support & Downloads - Technical Support

Just to be sure, I'd also update to the latest AIDA64 in case that is an error with the older version and core temp.

Comment

Agreed, and mentioned above a few times!

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                  I'd go ahead and ask Gigabyte directly about the heatsink and warranty, tell them you just want to put on new paste because they temps are too high and see what they have to say.
                  GIGABYTE - Support & Downloads - Technical Support

Just to be sure, I'd also update to the latest AIDA64 in case that is an error with the older version and core temp.
                  http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ity-tools.html
                  I opened a support ticket with Gigabyte.

I can't find much info on the standard temps for these systems. Most of the reviews don't say anything about the temperatures.

Aida64 and Core Temp are up to date.
                  Intel 3930k
                  ASUS P9X79 LE
                  OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                  2 x Samsung F1 500GB

Comment

What you could do while you wait, is contact the reviewers you mentioned, most of the time they have a forum account if there is a forum on the site where the review is located, if not you can always email them directly. I'm sure they'd be happy to talk about the temps from their testing.

Comment

I did find this
                      Amd E350 temprature too hot? - XBMC Community Forum
                      where the guy replaced the thermal paste and the temps dropped significantly.

I heard back from Gigabyte, my favourite bit is bolded - it is nice and contradictory!
                      "Thank you for your kindly mail and inquiry. About the issue you mentioned, due to the different environment (country, location...etc) and the hardwares (computer case, cooling fan...etc) the user have, so we are sorry that we do not have relevant temperature test report for you to reference, but basically, if the temperature does not cause the system to crash or unstable, the temperature you mentioned is acceptable.

But, if you still concern about the overheat problem, we suggest you can try to clean up the cooling fan or add additional cooling fan to help cooling down your computer. And we also suggest you can contact your system supplier and see if they help you to check your system temperature directly.

Meanwhile, you can remove the CPU fan and re-apply the thermal paste and see if it works. However, we do not suggest you to remove the heatsink which will void the warranty. If you worry about it, please kindly contact your supplier and let them help you. Thank you."

I am not sure how I can squish in more thermal paste without removing the heatsink!! hehe

I think I will go ahead and replace the thermal paste anyway as long as there isn't one of those VOID WARRANTY stickers.
                      I am thinking that the massively high motherboard temperature is because the heat isn't getting to the heat sync because of the crappy thermal goop and so dissipates out through the motherboard instead.
                      Intel 3930k
                      ASUS P9X79 LE
                      OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                      2 x Samsung F1 500GB

Comment

i would re apply too,they wont know anything
                        Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                        Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                        Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!

Comment

Wow, that bolded comment is crazy contradictory!

I don't think they care as long as you do it properly and cleanly, like don't use conductive paste on NB chipsets, and don't overdo it such much it pours out the side down into the CPU.

I know many people change the paste under their northbridge heatsinks, and then RMA later without issues, so this should be the same as long as you do it properly.

Comment

I changed the very thick rock hard gunk that was on the North Bridge and CPU with Tuniq TX-2 and it made absolutely no difference!

I figure the sensors must be wrong as something this low power shouldn't be able to make that much heat.
                            Intel 3930k
                            ASUS P9X79 LE
                            OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                            2 x Samsung F1 500GB

Comment

where are you looking for mb temps? windows or bios? stuck sensors or buggy software isnt uncommon,i have wild reports of mb temp with this board,sometimes it says -22c and sometimes 102c,but in bios it always reports 24c so its probably software related

EDIT: here i just looked at my mb temp its reading 0c,best to feel the heatsinks they should be warmish but not too hot to touch

Last edited by wazza300; 02-12-2012, 07:59 PM.
                              Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                              Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

Working...
                              X