Flashing the BIOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashing the BIOS

When I was using the EP45-ud3p motherboard I was told not to use @BIOS program to flash the BIOS. Has the program change to where it is safe now to do so or is it better to flash the BIOS using a USB? I'm currently using the z68xp-ud4 motherboard. Any help would be appreciated and thank you in advance.

Re: Flashing the BIOS

IMO, It is ALWAYS Safest to Flash from DOS with the version of FlashSPI that comes with the BIOS Update.
    I am in NO way affiliated with Gigabyte.
    If you use a BIOS I Modified, you do so at your own Risk and Assume Full Responsibilty !

Comment

It would be best to use DOS as mentioned above, or Qflash via USB or FAT32 hard drive partition. But yes, @BIOS has improved a lot lately, but it still really should be a last resort option because any flashing done in windows environment is far more apt to fail than a flash done in DOS or Qflash.

Why do you ask, do you not have a USB stick? If not, do you have a CD or CD-RW or DVD-RW? If so, I could make you a bootable ISO you could burn to disc and flash from, if you need to go that route let me know and tell me the exact BIOS version you want to use and I'll make you an ISO.

Comment

Yes I do have a flash drive. I just didn't know which way was best. I usually use a flash drive. Thank you'll for the feedback. I'm currently using the Gigabyte z68xp-ud4 and the current BIOS is F5. I guess I will flash to the updated version which is F6 Beta. Thanks again for the help. One last question. Should you always after flashing the BIOS to the lastest version go back with F12 and flash the backup BIOS to be the same? Thank you Lsdmeasap you're so kind. This is a great forum site.

Comment

USB is easy and that's what I always use. If you need any guidance with USB flashing read this thread, or ask us here if you get stuck on any of it

Yes, with P67 and above, flashing the backup BIOS to match the main always seems to help with stability, so it would be best to always do that with each update.

Thanks for the kind words, they are most appreciated! Post back anytime if you need more help with anything!

Comment

I believe I'll be okay. I'm use to flashing the BIOS but thank you very much. And you are most welcome and deserving of the comments made.

Comment

Good to hear you're up to speed on BIOS flashing, you should have no problems then!

And thanks again too for your support, we try out best to always help here (When we can )!

Comment

Working...
              X