X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

Holy moly Virtualfred.
    Small snag - My system boots that fast in UEFI And with the updated GOP on my card , how do i get into the bios. Its too dam quick LOL...
    I disabled csm but forgot to check secureboot to test out. DOH.
    G1.Assassin 2 (rev. 1.0) F13 MOD a Modified Bios by Boe23
    CPU Intel x3960
    Memory G.Skill RipJawsZ 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 PC3-14900C9
    Graphics Asus GTX 690 GOP Flashed.
    Hardrives x2 Samsung 128GB 840 PRO ssd (Raid 0 ) RST 13.1 Orom
    Optical Samsung SH-B123L/ BSBP 12x BluRay
    Case & Cooling Corsair 650D, Corsair H100 hydro
    Mouse & Keyboard R.A.T.7 Contagion , Steelseries 7G
    PSU Corsair Professional Series AX850 High Performance
    Sound X-FI Onboard (Pax Modded)
    Screen Benq XL2420T 24
    Windows 8.1 x64 UEFI Mode.

Comment

you can boot into OS go to pc settings, recovery options, choose restart, should have an option to choose uefi firmware settings, will take you straight to bios, or, as soon as you here the restart click or beep, keep wackin del or f12. Im rolling back to f12v, don't like the added latency to my ram, from 56 ns to 72ns. Another damn problem is bcdedit, its protected by secureboot, well NX/DEP is, I need it disabled for reasons I cannot post on here,also screwqed up EMET so that uninstalled now, I loved that program, so I have to disable secureboot, all that time spent on getting it to work lol, I cant use the damn thing unless I keep booting to bios, switch off, reboot set nx off reboot, painfull. Woops, im on about g1assassin2 f12v/w beta/modded bios' Snout, ill write my config down for you, should work perfect, same boards an all. EDIT: Hers my config Snout, obviously don't set your cpu voltage and ram the same but the rest is a go, and for anyone else with g1assassin2, works sound. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ysxvog7020xnql5/Config..rar
      Last edited by boe323; 10-30-2013, 08:08 AM.
      A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING WORKS PROPERLY

Comment

Originally posted by tetryon View Post
        Should i just use the q-flash (from the boot) to update, or the windows @bios.. for the G1.Assassin2 BIOS F12w mod

and will i have any issues as im running virtualfred's modded 12s..

cheers guys you are amazing.

EDIT : and if i use @bios will it update the me firmware and all the other modules.
        can anyone advise is this this the latest bios to use as well as best way to update :P
        Last edited by tetryon; 10-30-2013, 08:07 AM.

Comment

You need to use @BIOS for first time update, be sure not to install the keys unless you have UEFI/GOP VBIOS for you video card, will cause boot looping. Although f12w is fine, it adds a bit of latency to the ram, if you don't mind this go ahead and flash, otherwise use the f12v mod, im a gamer so latency is pooh. Yes, ME firmware will update if its in the bios, as will other modules. This probably isn't needed but start @bios, make sure you have version 233 or very latest, choose to update from file, now close again, now you can tick set defaults and clear dmi pool, now continue to flash.
          Last edited by boe323; 10-30-2013, 08:11 AM.

Comment

ahh so the 12v modded is the one to use, and update from the modded 12s with @bios ?

oh and a gigabyte 780gtx have a uefi bios ?

Comment

Requesting an anti tank support..!!! ;p

Request x79 ud3 f17d bios to mod, virtual when u have time..!! Thank you very much

Comment

Originally posted by boe323 View Post
                you can boot into OS go to pc settings, recovery options, choose restart, should have an option to choose uefi firmware settings, will take you straight to bios, or, as soon as you here the restart click or beep, keep wackin del or f12. Im rolling back to f12v, don't like the added latency to my ram, from 56 ns to 72ns. Another damn problem is bcdedit, its protected by secureboot, well NX/DEP is, I need it disabled for reasons I cannot post on here,also screwqed up EMET so that uninstalled now, I loved that program, so I have to disable secureboot, all that time spent on getting it to work lol, I cant use the damn thing unless I keep booting to bios, switch off, reboot set nx off reboot, painfull. Woops, im on about g1assassin2 f12v/w beta/modded bios' Snout, ill write my config down for you, should work perfect, same boards an all. EDIT: Hers my config Snout, obviously don't set your cpu voltage and ram the same but the rest is a go, and for anyone else with g1assassin2, works sound. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ysxvog7020xnql5/Config..rar
                Thanks Boe, im fully gopped up now. Secure boot and all running fine.
                But i still have this little problem when PC has been stood a small while it always boots into bios first ? im trying / testing options to get it to boot into windows first.Annoying..
                CPU Intel x3960
                Screen Benq XL2420T 24

Comment

try using the uefi firmware settings option in OS, maybe it will clear the issue, seems to me the command is there to boot into bios, also check msconfig, select original boot.

Comment

Originally posted by Mseirco View Post
                    Requesting an anti tank support..!!! ;p

Request x79 ud3 f17d bios to mod, virtual when u have time..!! Thank you very much
                    Anti tank support ? What is it ?!

GA-X79-UD3 BIOS F17d mod

Modified with :

Intel RAID for SATA 11.6.0.1702 to 12.7.0.1936
                    Intel UEFI SataDriver 11.6.0.1702 to 12.7.0.1936
                    Intel RSTe RAID for SATA 3.7.0.1049 to 3.8.0.1029
                    Intel RSTe EFI SataDriver 3.7.0.1049 to 3.8.0.1029
                    Marvell 88SE91xx Adapter 1.0.1.0025
                    Intel Boot Agent GE 1.3.95 to 1.5.43
                    Intel GigabitLanX64 to 5.9.07
                    CPU MicroCode Pack
                    ME firmware 8.1.40.1416 to 8.1.51.1471
                    Modified splash logo 2

With new modded splash logo 2... I hope you enjoy it

Click image for larger version

Name:	splash_mod2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	753977
                    It is really useful to complete and keep your PC Specs or Signature up to date in Settings /My Profile (motherboard, CPU, BIOS version modified or not ...) - Thank you all .
                    Main rig : Z77X-UD5H BIOS F16 mod11 - Core i7 3770K @4.5GHz 1.30V - Noctua NH-D14 - GSkill TridentX 2x8GB @1200MHz CAS10 - Club3D HD5750 noiseless @800/1300 - Silverstone FT02S - Seasonic X-series 650W
                    2x Intel 510 128GB RAID0 - 2x Samsung F3 500GB RAID0 + Samsung F3 1TB - Dell U2713H - Logitech Illuminated & G500 - Focal XS Book - Windows 8 Pro 64bits UEFI
                    2nd rig : Z77X-UD3H BIOS F20e mod - Core i5 3470 @4.0GHz - Noctua NH-D14 -
                    Crucial BT 2x4GB @933MHz CAS9 - Club3D HD7750 noiseless @stock - Lian-Li PC-A05FN - Seasonic M12II 520W
                    Crucial M4 128GB - 2x WD10EALX RAID1 - Dell 2408WFP - Logitech Illuminated & G5
                    - Bose Companion 20 - Windows 8 Pro 64bits Legacy
                    HTPC : EG45M-UD2H BIOS F5a mod - Core2Quad Q8200 @2.8GHz undervolted to 1.10V - Noctua NH-C4 passive - OCZ 4x1GB @500MHz CAS5 - AMD HD6450 passive - Antek NSK2480 - Antec Earthwatts 380W
                    Intel SSD 330 60GB - 2x WD WD30EZRX 3TB RAID0 - Logitech K820 - Windows 8 Pro 64bits + XBMC12
                    Gigabyte Modified BIOS & About ME firmware

Comment

Originally posted by virtualfred View Post
                      Hi,
                      I can't tell you if F6d is perfectly stable, but you can revert back if it is not.
                      I can confirm you that F6c and F6d contains latest AHCI ROM 1.20E. According to Stasio, F6d brings support for TPM, i supposed it must be very close to the F6c.
                      Here's my mod with latest ROM :

GA-EX38-DS4 F6d mod

Intel SATA AHCI 1.20E
                      Intel RAID SATA 8.9.1.1002 to 12.7.0.1936
                      Jmicron SATA RAID 1.06.59 to 1.07.28
                      Realtek LAN 2.09 to 2.58

I'm using all these lastest ROM in my HTPC and it works perfectly (with 1xSSD and 2xHDD in RAID0).
                      I just flashed this ROM (on my Gigabyte GA-EX38-DS4 obviously), I've been running the "official" Gigabyte latest revision (not beta) and my system has never had any problems. Now I'm stuck in the never ending boot loop, no POST. :(

I've already gone through all the usual trouble shooting steps, now I'm just sitting here praying and waiting while I leave the CMOS jumper on, battery out, while I shop online for a new 775 board, or until I stop crying.

I don't think this will have any effect though, for whatever reason, when I flashed this BIOS it bricked my board. The only thing I realize I may have done incorrectly was to keep DMI data Enabled when I flashed. Should I have flashed this F6d over the official beta version from Gigabyte? I've never run into that sort of issue when flashing before.

So I've got no floppy installed, and seemingly no way to rescue my board. Somebody out there please, tell me there is hope. This is an awesome board, and I loved this rig, and was looking forward to many more years with it. Is it really possible that I have irreparably damaged my BIOS by flashing this version?

Comment

Originally posted by cpampine View Post
                        I just flashed this ROM (on my Gigabyte GA-EX38-DS4 obviously), I've been running the "official" Gigabyte latest revision (not beta) and my system has never had any problems. Now I'm stuck in the never ending boot loop, no POST. :(

I've already gone through all the usual trouble shooting steps, now I'm just sitting here praying and waiting while I leave the CMOS jumper on, battery out, while I shop online for a new 775 board, or until I stop crying.

I don't think this will have any effect though, for whatever reason, when I flashed this BIOS it bricked my board. The only thing I realize I may have done incorrectly was to keep DMI data Enabled when I flashed. Should I have flashed this F6d over the official beta version from Gigabyte? I've never run into that sort of issue when flashing before.

So I've got no floppy installed, and seemingly no way to rescue my board. Somebody out there please, tell me there is hope. This is an awesome board, and I loved this rig, and was looking forward to many more years with it. Is it really possible that I have irreparably damaged my BIOS by flashing this version?
                        Sorry for that, have you tried to press and hold down the power on boot to restore the bios backup to the main bios ?
                        Last edited by virtualfred; 10-30-2013, 01:04 PM.
                        It is really useful to complete and keep your PC Specs or Signature up to date in Settings /My Profile (motherboard, CPU, BIOS version modified or not ...) - Thank you all .
                        Main rig : Z77X-UD5H BIOS F16 mod11 - Core i7 3770K @4.5GHz 1.30V - Noctua NH-D14 - GSkill TridentX 2x8GB @1200MHz CAS10 - Club3D HD5750 noiseless @800/1300 - Silverstone FT02S - Seasonic X-series 650W
                        2x Intel 510 128GB RAID0 - 2x Samsung F3 500GB RAID0 + Samsung F3 1TB - Dell U2713H - Logitech Illuminated & G500 - Focal XS Book - Windows 8 Pro 64bits UEFI
                        Crucial BT 2x4GB @933MHz CAS9 - Club3D HD7750 noiseless @stock - Lian-Li PC-A05FN - Seasonic M12II 520W
                        HTPC : EG45M-UD2H BIOS F5a mod - Core2Quad Q8200 @2.8GHz undervolted to 1.10V - Noctua NH-C4 passive - OCZ 4x1GB @500MHz CAS5 - AMD HD6450 passive - Antek NSK2480 - Antec Earthwatts 380W
                        Intel SSD 330 60GB - 2x WD WD30EZRX 3TB RAID0 - Logitech K820 - Windows 8 Pro 64bits + XBMC12

Comment

Your board supports dualbios plus, so whats the problem?, just hold the power button and force the backup to install. It is very hard now days to brick a gigabyte board, only through not thinking and not taking care will you brick a gigabyte board, like flashing backup and main with an untested bios or unstable bios.
                          Last edited by boe323; 10-30-2013, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Requesting Antitank support to :D

Ohh new modified logo :D
                            hi mate can you do the same for the X07 bios please and any new modules and ucpu support i know there was one already done but if there is any newer modules

cheers :D

Comment

Originally posted by ViRuS2k View Post
                              Requesting Antitank support to :D
                              Ohh new modified logo :D
                              hi mate can you do the same for the X07 bios please and any new modules and ucpu support i know there was one already done but if there is any newer modules
                              cheers :D
                              Yet this antitank

Nothing more for you... only the new splash logo : GA-Z87X-OC BIOS X07 mod2

Comment

Originally posted by boe323 View Post
                                try using the uefi firmware settings option in OS, maybe it will clear the issue, seems to me the command is there to boot into bios, also check msconfig, select original boot.
                                Just tried the msconfig and checked set to original boot. It booted into windows . Need to check a few more times. I have been enabling / disabling, optimised defaults etc but i still kept booting into bios first - weird. Anyway going to see if this msconfig sorts it first.

Firmware settings in OS ? Were is that.
                                CPU Intel x3960
                                Screen Benq XL2420T 24

Comment

Working...
                                X