Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H PCIe TV Tuner Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H PCIe TV Tuner Problem

I just finished my build and have run into a problem with my Hauppauge HVR-1800 PCIe TV tuner. On a cold boot, Windows 7 won't recognize that the card even exists on the system. Only after I reboot will Windows see the TV tuner there. Has anyone else run into issues with PCIe devices on this motherboard? I have it installed in the PCIe x1 slot at the very top. I was recommended trying to put it into the second PCIe 8x slot that's usually for a second video card. Hopefully that'll fix the issue but it's an annoying problem to have when the regular x1 slots don't work right.

I'm running Windows 7 Professional with all patches, updated drivers from Hauppauge, and the F7 BIOS on the motherboard.

System Specs:
    Core i7 3770
    16GB RAM
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
    Hauppauge HVR-1800

Re: Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H PCIe TV Tuner Problem

With ideomate E900F PCIe X1 TV card and can't see any issue. Z77X-UD3H.

Comment

I have haupage hvr2200 sandwiched in between my sli vga cards in a 1x slot, and it's working.
      So maybe the slot tip is not that bad, the one you are using could be sharing an irq with some other device. You could also try to disable any stuff you are not using, like firewire, usb3, com1, 2nd sata controller, you name it, to free up more irq's hoping that will create room to give the card it's own one.
      - Z68X-UD3H-B3(rev 1.3), bios F12
      - I5-2500k [3148C059], cooled by scythe mugen2 rev.b with 1500rpm pwm-fan on cpufan header.
      - 8G(2x4G) Corsair Vengeance LP CML8GX3M2A1600C9W,Low profile/Low voltage, DDR1600/C9-1.35v. Slots 1&2.
      - 16G(4x4G) Samsung M378B5273DH0-CH9 1333 @ 2133-c11. w1.55v

- Seasonic M12D SS850-EM , 850W Semi-Modular PSU with 80A at 12V.
      - 2x EVGA GeForce GTX285-1GB in SLi, 4x 6pin power and bridge connected.[PCIEX_16 and PCIEX_8]
      - Hauppauge HVR2200 PCIE 1x tv-tuner card.[PCIEX1_3]
      - Intel controller in raid mode.
      - 2x WD 500G blacks in raid0 on intel port 0-1.
      - 1x WD 1000G black on intel port 2.
      - 1x OCZ Vertex2 (32nm) on intel port 3.
      - 1x Optiarc DVDRW on intel port 4.
      - 1x Samsung 500G on marvell port 0.
      - 24" LCD monitor @ Geforce 0, lower HDMI port.
      - 17" LCD monitor @ Geforce 0, upper HDMI port.
      - 19" LCD tv @ intel/onboard HDMI.
      - 4ch analoge speakers, cambridge dtt set.
      - internal spdif header connected to Geforce 0.
      - front usb connected.
      - front ac97 connected.
      - front cardreader (usb) connected.
      - rear 4x usb bracket.
      - ms media keyboard, ms comfort mouse. usb, wired.
      - w7x64-sp1.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkje View Post
        I have haupage hvr2200 sandwiched in between my sli vga cards in a 1x slot, and it's working.
        So maybe the slot tip is not that bad, the one you are using could be sharing an irq with some other device. You could also try to disable any stuff you are not using, like firewire, usb3, com1, 2nd sata controller, you name it, to free up more irq's hoping that will create room to give the card it's own one.
        I switched it over the the x8 slot above the PCI slot and it seems to have done the trick. Windows now sees the card on cold boot and the tuner works fine in WMC. The F8c BIOS didn't have any effect so I guess it might've been an IRQ conflict. Haven't run into that issue in a very long time but I guess it's a bit more likely on a board with so many different features and components.

Comment

Working...
        X