GA-970A-D3 with F11b bios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-970A-D3 with F11b bios

Ok so here is my problem. I have an SSD that i have purchased shortly after i purchased my new parts for the build of this system. Please see my profile for the system stats. I have to install vista then upgrade to windows 7 pro 64bit. The system seems to stay stable for about a week then all of a sudden i start having drive issues like it says there are bad sectors and it wants to run chkdsk/r to fix the problem. I will also get the problem of it saying that the boot drive is unmountable. I try to use different windows startup options but no good. I also try to use the startup repair from the disk and that shows that there is no OS installed to fix. This is the 4th ssd drive from the manufacture and the problems have all been very similar. This makes me wonder if the problem is the drive or if it is the motherboards AHCI controler. Could someone please give me some insight on this problem. I am getting really frustrated with having to reinstall my OS every week.

Re: GA-970A-D3 with F11b bios

What brand/model of your SSD? F/W on SSD is up to date?

Comment

Re: GA-970A-D3 with F11b bios

The ssd is a mushkin model number is mknssdcr240gb. I asked the manufacture about the firmware and they stated that they ship them with the latest one already loaded. Another problem now is the drive is not recognized in windows any more. It is also not recognized in any partedmagic tool. Also the motherboard does not see it either. The last thing i did with the drive was to run a tool called testdisk. Ever since that the drive is like it is not there. I still think it has something to do with my mobo because this is the 4th drive that this similar problem has happened. I have installed the drive into my alienware laptop but it did not show up there either, i think the testdisk may have changed some settings or something on the drive but not sure, i am not too familiar with the tool.

Thank you

Comment

Working...
      X