Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Will GA-X58A-UD3R support GV-670OC-2GD GPU

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
    try looking on techpowerup/bios archive,see if they have the same bios version on there
    No luck there but they had a few VBIOS versions for the card that may be worth trying.
    MB: GA-X58A-UD3R (Rev 2.0) BIOS Version: FH
    CPU: I7 950 @ 3.06GHz
    PSU: Coolermaster Silent Pro Hybrid 80+ Gold, 850W
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 580
    Mem: Crucial 1333 DDR3

Comment

Re: Will GA-X58A-UD3R support GV-670OC-2GD GPU

Just thought I'd give the latest update on this ongoing issue.

Bought a cheap GTX 610 - it was cheap a 600 series GPU and had a d-sub VGA port.

Not surprisingly, it did not work when connected through the DVI port on any PCI-E slot. However, I could connect through the VGA socket to my monitor and this time it sort of worked. During post I got a very small screen, resolution no more than 640x480 during POST. When windows started to boot, this switched to a more reasonable 1024x768 resolution and then full screen (1920x1200) when Windows loaded the driver. Has me beat - although I will try the HDMI port tomorrow on my TV. It looks to me that 600 series GPUs on this motherboard cannot handle the native resolution of my monitor but an NVidia Quaddro works perfectly in full screen mode from power on, so I'd say the problem has something to do with 600 series GPUs.

If anybody has any ideas or suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them.
      MB: GA-X58A-UD3R (Rev 2.0) BIOS Version: FH
      CPU: I7 950 @ 3.06GHz
      PSU: Coolermaster Silent Pro Hybrid 80+ Gold, 850W
      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 580
      Mem: Crucial 1333 DDR3

Comment

Working...
      X