Questions about Lian li PC-X2000FN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about Lian li PC-X2000FN

I have few questions about chassi PC-X2000FN since I'm thinking of buying it.
    So, here we go:

1. Is the chassi big enough to have 3 watercooled graphic cards inserted or do you need to make alterations for it to fit?

2. Can I fit 2 radiatiors into the chassi because I've only seen picture with 1 radiator in it?

3.In the previous version of the X2000 chassi there was a problem with having Western Digital Velociraptor hard drives in it, does anyone know if it's the same with this chassi or does the velociraptor fit in this?

4. I only saw 2 "holes" for watercooling on the chassi, can I watercool both the cpu and graphic cards at the same time or will that be a problem,i mean do I have to alter something on the chassi for it to work or is it prepared for that?

5. What do you guys in your opinion think are the downsides to this chassi?

That's all my questions for now, if you have the x2000fn i'd be happy to learn everything you know about it=)
    Thank you for your time!

Re: Questions about Lian li PC-X2000FN

Originally posted by jalexxi View Post
    I have few questions about chassi PC-X2000FN since I'm thinking of buying it.
    So, here we go:

1. Is the chassi big enough to have 3 watercooled graphic cards inserted or do you need to make alterations for it to fit?

2. Can I fit 2 radiatiors into the chassi because I've only seen picture with 1 radiator in it?

3.In the previous version of the X2000 chassi there was a problem with having Western Digital Velociraptor hard drives in it, does anyone know if it's the same with this chassi or does the velociraptor fit in this?

4. I only saw 2 "holes" for watercooling on the chassi, can I watercool both the cpu and graphic cards at the same time or will that be a problem,i mean do I have to alter something on the chassi for it to work or is it prepared for that?

5. What do you guys in your opinion think are the downsides to this chassi?

That's all my questions for now, if you have the x2000fn i'd be happy to learn everything you know about it=)
    Thank you for your time!
    Hi jalexxi,

1. The PC-X2000FN will have no problems holding 3 watercooled graphics cards. It's a pretty big case.

2. In stock formation, only a 120mm rad will fit in the back. The front fans do not have the spacing to accomodate radiators in the stock formation, however, this can be modified to fit another radiator.

3. In order to fit the Western Digital Velociraptor you would need the 2.5" TO 3.5" IcePack. See below:

4. You would definitely be able to watercool both the CPU and GPU. However, you would need to add more radiators than the stock formation of one 120mm radiator to do so properly. Therefore you would have to make some alterations.

5. I'll let others respond to this one. :) However, you could also look into the PC-D600 as it offers a bit more watercooling potential. It doesn't have the same monolithic look as the PC-X2000FN though.

Comment

Hello!

Thank you very much for your response, it was very helpful! Now I only wonder a bit more about this icepack that i need to buy for my WD velociraptor to work, do you know any places that sell it that also ships to Europe? Can you recommend any links?=)

Oh, by the way, this is the harddrive i use https://www.komplett.se/wd-velociraptor-500gb/750094

I don't understand, why do I need a 2.5 to 3.5 mounting kit when it seems like my velociraptor already is size 3.5?
      Is there something I'm missing or misunderstanding?
      Last edited by jalexxi; 03-28-2014, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jalexxi View Post
        Hello!

Thank you very much for your response, it was very helpful! Now I only wonder a bit more about this icepack that i need to buy for my WD velociraptor to work, do you know any places that sell it that also ships to Europe? Can you recommend any links?=)

Oh, by the way, this is the harddrive i use https://www.komplett.se/wd-velociraptor-500gb/750094

I don't understand, why do I need a 2.5 to 3.5 mounting kit when it seems like my velociraptor already is size 3.5?
        Is there something I'm missing or misunderstanding?
        It seems you already have the bracket for the hard drive, so all is fine. The drive itself is a 2.5" drive, and it uses a 3.5" bracket that also acts as a heatsink.

Comment

Working...
        X